HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:07 AM
JUNK RADIO
Flazo's Avatar
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
Ben Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
No worries Stang! You know what they say, "you can't please everyone all the time". I do like to fly aggressively and with lots of energy as you mentioned. That's just what I enjoy doing. So, my style is a little different than the herd. That's ok too. No offense taken...

I did post in this thread after those videos that I thought, after watching the video, that I was being over aggressive with the power and forcing the plane around. So, my intention is to fix that when I get a chance to make the real video (soon I hope). What kind of things would you like to see in that video? I'm taking requests so here's your chance to stump the dummy and get your favorite maneuvers performed to your specifications in the vid.



My style of flying is very agressive........

same as Ben and the Km from 3dhs.


Fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Last edited by Flazo; Dec 17, 2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: okay
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:38 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
Doc Austin's Avatar
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,822 Posts
We're aggressive people. That's why we got into 3D to begin with. We fly hard and take chances with the plane.

We were all probably Vikings in our former lives.

Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:39 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
We're aggressive people. That's why we got into 3D to begin with. We fly hard and take chances with the plane.

We were all probably Vikings in our former lives.

Hey Doc - When I am with Freddy you have no idea how much he talks about you. He just envies your flying pal.

And Freddy is truly an aggressive flyer..
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:45 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
Doc Austin's Avatar
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Hey Doc - When I am with Freddy you have no idea how much he talks about you. He just envies your flying pal.

And Freddy is truly an aggressive flyer..
Thanks so much. I've got a lot of nice friends at RCG. It's too bad we don't all live closer.

That's why the Huckfests are so much fun. At Triple Creek I met guys I have corresponded with for years. Now that we (hopefully) have my health fixed, I plan to travel and make some more events. I'm really wanting to make the one in GA and maybe Pop Curtis. Maybe SEFF. Last two times I have planned to go to SEFF I ended up in the hospital instead, so we need to break that cycle!
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 01:07 PM
JUNK RADIO
Flazo's Avatar
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
Livinma1, I didn't mention Doc Austin because it's a given... King of Kings.

Fred
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 01:12 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Thanks so much. I've got a lot of nice friends at RCG. It's too bad we don't all live closer.

That's why the Huckfests are so much fun. At Triple Creek I met guys I have corresponded with for years. Now that we (hopefully) have my health fixed, I plan to travel and make some more events. I'm really wanting to make the one in GA and maybe Pop Curtis. Maybe SEFF. Last two times I have planned to go to SEFF I ended up in the hospital instead, so we need to break that cycle!
Same here Doc.. its nice when you finally get to meet the online names we chat with all day.

Yeah SEFF is something Freddy and i want to attend buts it hard getting down there without a trailer with all the stuff we have.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:02 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
I plan to be there and look forward to meeting you all as well! It's going to be a blast!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:04 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
I plan to be there and look forward to meeting you all as well! It's going to be a blast!
Wow Daniel -- That will be a big trip for you man but I am sure well worth it. Driving or flying down. I guess if you fly in you will use the EF stock to fly.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Yes, I'll be working almost a month to afford the trip, but know it will be worth it! Yes, Chris is kind enough to let me fly his planes being that I can't bring any on Delta. I really want to go to Nall too and hope that I'm making the right decision with SEFF.
Whatever happens, it's going to be a blast and the 60" Edge (and the other secret projects) will be getting a workout the whole week!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 02:30 PM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
465 Posts
Woaa Dude...that is some cool beans there Daniel!!

Rishelman
Rishelman is offline Find More Posts by Rishelman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:07 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph View Post
Yes, I'll be working almost a month to afford the trip, but know it will be worth it! Yes, Chris is kind enough to let me fly his planes being that I can't bring any on Delta. I really want to go to Nall too and hope that I'm making the right decision with SEFF.
Whatever happens, it's going to be a blast and the 60" Edge (and the other secret projects) will be getting a workout the whole week!
Daniel -

Even though I have never been to SEFF but I follow the threads you won't regret going dude.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:16 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,713 Posts
Yes, I'm sure. -until I'm home a few weeks later watching coverage from Joe Nall. LOL I know it's going to be awesome and I'm looking forward to it!
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:36 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
SEFF is a total blast! It's almost kind of better to go to SEFF a year or two before you go to Nall. SEFF is so awesome that it's hard to believe there is something that even comes close to rivaling it and then you go to Nall and, well its just unbelievable.

In some ways, SEFF is more fun. Electric stuff in general is just more laid back and I think a lot more people feel comfortable flying at SEFF than they do at Nall. Both are a must do in one's RC lifetime and I can't wait to see you all at both SEFF and Nall this year!

Daniel, you can also fly any of my planes as well and my guess is every other Extreme Flight owner at SEFF will be more than happy to have you test their equipment out for them.

Looking forward to it!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:21 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
SEFF is a total blast! It's almost kind of better to go to SEFF a year or two before you go to Nall. SEFF is so awesome that it's hard to believe there is something that even comes close to rivaling it and then you go to Nall and, well its just unbelievable.

In some ways, SEFF is more fun. Electric stuff in general is just more laid back and I think a lot more people feel comfortable flying at SEFF than they do at Nall. Both are a must do in one's RC lifetime and I can't wait to see you all at both SEFF and Nall this year!

Daniel, you can also fly any of my planes as well and my guess is every other Extreme Flight owner at SEFF will be more than happy to have you test their equipment out for them.

Looking forward to it!
Herc is right.. I am sure everyone despite what manufacturer plane it is will let you fly dude. You will be a good addition to the SEFF flight line as well showing your style of flying.

My thoughts of coming down would be to fly down into Atlanta visit my brother then drive the 2 hours to SEFF and hang out.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:44 PM
JUNK RADIO
Flazo's Avatar
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,129 Posts
Motor Choices,

Torque, 16turn 500KV
Hyperion ZS3025-10 KV 775
GR-60 800KV the original Only not V1
Hacker A40-12s =KV 610
Hacker A40-10S = Kv 750
Scorpion S-4020-10 KV 630
Motrolfly DM3625- KV 80
0

Killer choice

RimFire .80 50-55-500 Brushless

SPECS: Motor Diameter: 1.97" (50mm)
Motor Length: 2.17" (55mm)
Shaft Diameter: .32" (8mm)
Shaft Length: .79" (20mm)
Lead Length: 3" (76mm)
Connectors: Bullet type, .16" (4mm) diameter
Max. Constant Current: 52A
Max. Surge Current: 65A
Max. Constant Watts: 1154W
Burst Watts: 2200
No Load Current: 1.8A
Input Voltage: 18.5-22.2V (5-6S LiPo)
RPM/V (kV Rating): 500
Weight: 10.5oz (298g)


Hyperion is very light!!! I might try this motor
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Last edited by Flazo; Jan 02, 2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP! hemituda 3D Flying 10819 Today 05:53 AM
Wanted Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP FD Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2010 11:52 AM
Discussion Daniel Holman puts the new Extreme Flight EDGE 540T EXP through the wringer! EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 21 May 30, 2010 01:17 AM
Discussion 42" AJ Slick or 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP LeeJ 3D Flying 13 Mar 26, 2010 08:26 PM