HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
It is this one. 'Glass filled nylon.'

I never tried the APC 10x6.
Are you belly landing it? If so, the prop hasn't caused any damage from not being very flexible? If I am hand launching, do you think this prop will make for better launches? I have been hand launching with the stock prop and have been throwing it off of a high point because the plane tends to drop a decent amount before it really takes off.
relorre is offline Find More Posts by relorre
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:47 AM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,396 Posts
I am belly landing it, without problems thus far. This prop should make it a bit better on take-off, as it seems to a have a bit more low-end grunt.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
I am belly landing it, without problems thus far. This prop should make it a bit better on take-off, as it seems to a have a bit more low-end grunt.
Great. Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
I do ROG
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Jun 2007
481 Posts
The smaller, coarser props are a bit harder to launch (i use a 9x6)
One method i used on another mustang the same size but considerably heavier (a GP combat mustang) was to program a launch setting on my radio which preset a little up elevator and right aileron, it helped a lot with hand launching
rupert the bear is offline Find More Posts by rupert the bear
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
I do ROG
Are you taking off in grass with the stock wheels? I live on a golf course and I think the fairway grass would be short enough, but after reading reviews on the landing gear, I haven't risked it yet.

9/20/12

Tried to take off on extremely short grass today with a Master Airscrew 10x6..... didn't work. I hand launched it fine though. When flying with the 10x6, my plane seemed to wobble a lot and not fly as smooth. When I landed it, I held it and opened up the throttle. The power from the 10x6 was so strong that it was causing my ailerons to vibrate. Anyone else have this issue with the 10x6? I won't be using that prop anymore.
Last edited by relorre; Sep 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
No - my club is fortunate enough to have a nice paved runway!
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:22 PM
Bacon
United States, TX, Humble
Joined Mar 2011
180 Posts
Hey everyone. A few weeks back I picked up one of these birds from a fellow RCG member. I love it!! It flies so smoothly and is really easy to land. I've got 2 stories to share about my recent outings with this bird.

1) The P-51 has the loop side of the velcro installed in the battery tray and the 2 batteries that came with it happened to have the hook side. Well all of my other 2200mah have the loop side on them. Anyway, I put my battery in, loop to loop then strapped it in. I was doing well until I did a roll, at which time the canopy flew off and I could see the battery just hanging. I quickly rolled upright but found that the CG was way off due to the battery sitting out on the right wing! It porpoised a few times and I was able to put her down in a pile of weeds with no damage. Quite exciting. Now I have hook on 1 side and loop on the other on all my 2200mah batteries.

2) I was practicing touch and go's while trying to see how much battery life I could get. Well, I lost track of time and ended up getting low on battery and it started to stutter. I fly in an area that only has 1 good landing aread. I was trying to bring it back around to line up with my dirt "runway" and the battery died. It nose dived right into the only water in whole area. I sprinted over to rescue it and it was just floating in the middle of the canal. I picked it up and dried it off then took it back up to dry off. After I landed, I noticed that my motor is making a strang noise, so I will probably have to rebuild or replace it. Everything else seemed to be ok.

Anyway, as soon as I get the motor fixed, I'll be back in the air! Anyone got thoughts on good replacement/upgraded motors that will fit without any special mounts, etc?
super_dork is offline Find More Posts by super_dork
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:13 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Hey,super dork,The motor is probably ok ,but don't count on the ESC surviving water " they don't like water " also get a cheap "Voice timer " amazon sell's them for about $10 or so..I got 2 for $25..Set the timer for your flight time and you'll get a longer life out of your batteries ....I take my 2200 mah's down to about 3.75 or 3.80 or so ,for my flying style that's about 8 to 10 mins ...that way it doesn't take so long to charge them at the field...
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
Last edited by planesilver; Oct 02, 2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:08 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
I got through this whole thread and was surprised that nobody put retracts on this bird yet. Also read a few pages back that the included landing gear has been replaced with stainless steel gear after many posts declaring how weak the LG is. Mine seems to have the stainless gear as they are super tough to bend, so hopefully they won't be a burden.

I wasn't too excited about the red and yellow scheme on this Mustang, so I tried to emulate the Crazy Horse P-51 paint scheme a bit. Maiden sometime this weekend.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:14 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:31 PM
Experienced R/C Repairman
Three Oaks, Michigan
Joined Sep 2003
2,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoam View Post
I got through this whole thread and was surprised that nobody put retracts on this bird yet. Also read a few pages back that the included landing gear has been replaced with stainless steel gear after many posts declaring how weak the LG is. Mine seems to have the stainless gear as they are super tough to bend, so hopefully they won't be a burden.

I wasn't too excited about the red and yellow scheme on this Mustang, so I tried to emulate the Crazy Horse P-51 paint scheme a bit. Maiden sometime this weekend.
You must have missed this:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=190
barnyardflyer is offline Find More Posts by barnyardflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:15 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
Last edited by phoam; Oct 08, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
207 Posts
Just got this plane as an EPO. The box doesn't show it as EPO but thats what I ordered and got.I hope it will fly with a 1500kv motor as that is all I have right now.
FeiJi is offline Find More Posts by FeiJi
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 40" EPP wing ready to maiden
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:05 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
I've been having trouble landing with the LG on this plane on our field runway ...it would bounce hard when it hit cracks in the asphalt so I tried LG from the Tower Corsair ,they are two inch wheels ...It sure made a difference in the way this plane lands... very nice ...not scale looking but it sure lands great also our grass is dry now but it rolled thru it well
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver