HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:09 AM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,384 Posts
Flew mine today with the Master Air Screw 10x6. Worked great. Seems to have a bit more climbing power now.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:38 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,384 Posts
Oh, no! Tower Hobbies just sent me an email that the F4U is shipping.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:18 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Yes finally; I am having a nervous breakdown since I can't justify the purchase of the plane. To many planes and no space. I have already been warned by the boss.
But she is right, my last count were about 15 and only flying 4, 3 under repair the rest in their boxes
If anyone gets it let us know if a thread has been started.
kizashi is offline Find More Posts by kizashi
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:32 AM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
I had one and loved it, this plane is worth every penny or not more. I angled my gear out and put on a bigger tail wheel and all was good to go... For it's size it flys as good as my 60 size Hanger 9 P-51.. Zee
What bigger tail wheel did you get to put on it?
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:34 AM
Mike
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
Flew mine today with the Master Air Screw 10x6. Worked great. Seems to have a bit more climbing power now.
I agree - the MAS 10x6 pulls wonderfully. I PROMISE I will post thrust measurements for the APC 10x6 and the MAS 10x6 this weekend! I want to know also.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well I haven't been to this thread for awhile ,I had some reading to catch up on.. I also got the F4U email and had no choice but to give in to the Force ,although I did hold out for a day,thought maybe I 'd let some others jump on it first and work out the bugs...Then ,I thought " Gosh I might get the first one... It's somewhere between Kansas and Spokane,Washington Headed west ...By the time it get's here someone should have a thread started...

Anyway !! I still am having a blast with my Mustang'sHere's my $3.50 rebuild on #2 "Have a Nice Day" (ya need to watch this full screen ,I got out away's) Strong wind's but steady ...
Have a nice day (9 min 42 sec)
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
This may be the start of the F4U thread..http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22353557
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:09 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Great planesilver, keep those "Have a Nice Day" video productions coming! Hope that you can post a video of the TH F4U, I am sure it will be a nice and fun flyer like the P-51.
Thanks for the link.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:30 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizashi View Post
Yes finally; I am having a nervous breakdown since I can't justify the purchase of the plane. To many planes and no space. I have already been warned by the boss.
But she is right, my last count were about 15 and only flying 4, 3 under repair the rest in their boxes
If anyone gets it let us know if a thread has been started.
Really ,Really justify another airplane,no just accept it and "Give in to the "FORCE" Luke " You waited all these months and now you must accept the "FORCE"

I'm going to fly a little closer in the future for the video's .I found another video of P-51 #1 and the plane is much easier to see..when I'm flying I tend to forget about the camera on my hat and use the whole field or more..!!!
Last edited by planesilver; Aug 04, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:55 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
[QUOTE=planesilver;22355867]Really ,Really justify another airplane,no just accept it and "Give in to the "FORCE" Luke " You waited all these months and now you must accept the "FORCE"

Help me Obi \Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!
The force is strong with this one!

3 easy payments,$5.00 discount as Super Saver Club, $15.00 discount with code and free shipping...............Hmm I think I am being seduced by the dark Side.

Purchase this one you can not, my young padawan. Greed is the path to the Dark side. A path that will slowly consume you

Join me Kiz and together we will rule the air.......... Tan, tan, tan, tan, ta , tan.....
To be continued......................

"If you purchase it you will be doomed in Jabba's dungeon with the rancor for life." (Wife).............
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Gee ..It's so easy to go over the edge isn't it...
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:26 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesilver View Post
Gee ..It's so easy to go over the edge isn't it...
You are 100% right on that
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:38 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the P-51 had a motor change at some point in production ,anyone know something about that...
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:04 AM
Mike
Joined Mar 2003
1,107 Posts
Well, went to fly Saturday, had to wait until the gusty 90 degree wind died down. Roll-out was fine, on second circuit of the airfield, noticed I didn't have much control! I thought I was losing signal. Throttled back, and seemed to have surface control, but couldn't get any thrust! Managed to bring her in dead stick, and all surfaces moved fine, but the motor wouldn't spin up - just kicked a few times! Tried turning motor by hand, had some resistance. Guess the motor gave up the ghost - my guess is the motor was pulling so much current the BEC voltage went down very low. Don't think the ESC is bad also (any comments?).

So guess I need a new motor, but I don't want to buy a new ESC - any suggestions?

BTW, I haven't pulled the motor yet to do an autopsy!
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:36 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Well Mike it all depends what are you looking for. Same performance or close then I would recommend a 3530 1100Kv which you can use with 3 or 4 cell battery. 4 cell for some more speed Or you could use a 3530 1400Kv for speed only using a 3 cell battery but you will have shorter flights. I have used this motor with good results and also the Turnigy 3010 which I have mentioned previously here. The esc I use even though many people in HK have had bad experiences is te 50A Red Brick $10 and works with 3 and 4 cell batteries. Have it for 3-4 months no problems. I have not used the 1100kv motor but I would think it should do fine. The stock motor is close to those dimensions and is 1000Kv so you will have 100 rpm extra per volt. I can't remember the specs. (I am referring to the Turnigy NTM series motors) If you would prefer a bigger motor then the 3536 1100Kv would do. Also look at the 4023 850Kv which will give you the opportunity to use bigger props and 3 or maybe some 4 bladed props. Many options though decision! Anyway that's my 2 cent opinion