HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:18 AM
Mike
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Mar 2003
1,078 Posts
Does APC make a 10x6 electric? All I could find was from MA.
mmatheny is offline Find More Posts by mmatheny
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
At least they show it here.

http://www.apcprop.com/ProductDetail...tCode=LP10060E
kizashi is offline Find More Posts by kizashi
Old Jun 23, 2012, 06:33 PM
Mike
Joined Mar 2003
1,078 Posts
Yeah, I found some - $2.50 each and $8 shipping! No one in Houston carries them. Not many on-line stores either! Wonder why they are so hard to find?
Anyway, got 4 flights in Friday and Saturday - wind was about 18 MPH, so really ate up my battery flying in to the wind, but the performance boost was amazing - a lot higher verticals, and the sound of the MA prop is unique! Kind a whizzzz! Would really like to see how a 10x6 APC would do. Gotta order some.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mike
Joined Mar 2003
1,078 Posts
Got 3 on order. Maybe the whizzing sound is due to some flashing I missed!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,210 Posts
Is this the stock motor and ESC with the MAS 10*6 prop?
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:54 AM
Mike
Joined Mar 2003
1,078 Posts
Yes, I haven't received the APCs yet. According to this post the 10x6 keeps the amps well below the max for the ESC:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=738
Last edited by mmatheny; Jul 02, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:21 PM
Mike
Joined Mar 2003
1,078 Posts
Got my APC 10x6's in yesterday - do some thrust tests tomorrow, if not raining fly in.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:32 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatheny View Post
Got my APC 10x6's in yesterday - do some thrust tests tomorrow, if not raining fly in.
Looking forward to read your comments. Even better; I'll be waiting for the video

I need to do one also of my Mustang, but I'll have to edit the take off and the landing.

Just a comment not related to this thread but that P-47 from Parkzone is a great plane! Installed the flaps and now I will be doing the retracts. Fully reccomend it if you are into Warbirds.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:22 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Man another weekend that I got to fly my Mustang, I can't believe that there is not that many post about this bird. Some might think that because of the low price and the landing gear not holding those hard landings, the motor mount, the motor, etc. that this might not be a good airplane. Yes it might have a few problems here and there but when this Mustang is in the air it behaves very good. I have installed two different motors and done some testings and I really have enjoyed this airplane. This weekend I used a 9X7.5 prop and it flew great with the motor I have talked about in my previous post. Also those Zippy 2700Mah compact batteries are very good. Like I said before only fly 3 minutes max but I am happy. Besides I have been able to learn a few things that have helped me to better understand a little bit more about RC flying. I am happy that I re purchased this airplane after totally destroying it about a year ago. It was my second airplane and even though I still had not learned to propperly fly my Switch I simply went ahead and purchased it because I fell in love with the Mustang I purchased it despite all the recommendations of not to buy a low wing airplane if I still had not learned to fly a plane. Man have I been glad that I did not listen to that recommendation I think I will retire this Mustang and hang it in my office or somewhere in the house as a reminder to me that sometimes you have to do what you believe is right even though people might try to make you believe that you have made the wrong decission If you put your mind and effort into something you will do it. Hope you all enjoy this good old Mustang as much as I have, I guess we all have our own stories about that special plane. I hope my new Hangar 9 P-51 brings me as many satisfactions as this Tower Hobbies bird has. WHo knows maybe the Corsair could be the next!
Last edited by kizashi; Jul 16, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined May 2007
223 Posts
You are right on point Kizashi, this plane is a great flying little bird, I have enjoyed flying mine for almost a year now. I think more people really should take at second look at this plane because it's low price and great flying characteristics.
wileyrc is offline Find More Posts by wileyrc
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
Mike
Joined Mar 2003
1,078 Posts
Every time I fly mine at the field someone comments on how well it flies! Haven't gotten those thrust tests with the 10x6 APC yet - been working getting my HDX 450 back into flying shape (I'm a masochist!)
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:09 PM
www.thunderbolt-gallery.com
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
I just ran two packs through mine with a 9X8 prop, fly's great!

Steve
MIGl7 is offline Find More Posts by MIGl7
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,210 Posts
Just got my MAS 10x6's in. I haven't flown them yet, but the amp draw is slightly lower than the APC 9x7.5's I've been running - 20.1A vs 22.4.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,097 Posts
If the Corsair flies as well as the 'Stang I'll need one...
Brent Slensker is online now Find More Posts by Brent Slensker
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:24 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I had one and loved it, this plane is worth every penny or not more. I angled my gear out and put on a bigger tail wheel and all was good to go... For it's size it flys as good as my 60 size Hanger 9 P-51.. Zee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee