HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2011, 10:40 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -S- View Post
No looking to start a argument, and I wont say anything more about it, but if Tower (Hobbico) does fix those items and they up the price to $150.00 you still gonna buy it?

I haven't been doing this long, but I've never had a plane with 100% perfection out of the box. All the ones that do are way out of my price range.

Especially landing gear, even my planes costing severl hundred are not great, I just expect issues, and I came here before buying it to find out what those issues were and I accepted that and bought it. I like tinkering and improving but that is just me.

Anyway something to think about.

I hope you all get to fly this weekend! and I appreciate everyone's contributions it's a great help!

-S-
-S- You are right on what you say but maybe with todays manufacturing process and if it comes from China, modifying these two issues should not be to expensive. Take Hobby King for example and their retail prices; 4 servos $20.00, electric motor, $13.00, 30 amp esc $9.00, rods, (10 for $1.79treaded), horns, $1.00 (10 pieces screw type not glued) and clevises, $1.33(10 with screws), prop $1.82 and there is a Cessna which only includes the body, no electronics which sells for $30.00. (55 inches wingspan, 40 inches long and with a flying wight of 2 pounds)http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14293
Yes I know it is not in the same league as the Mustang but only for illustration purposes. So the total retail cost for all of this is $78.00 imagine what it would cost at wholesale. Food for thought
In my case repairing them puts my brain neurons to work and it even has helped me in improving my skills in problem solving issues at my work, so I will continue fixing my planes.

Since it took me less time to drop them a line than what I spend at this great site I decided to let them know. Probably they will send my email to their trash bin So if they don't fix it, well I did not loose anything. If they do fix it, then they will have a great product with an even better potential of sales and happy customers. Is'nt everyting today about Customer Satisfaction (joke).
The truth is that today, every manufacturer makes their money on the parts, :eek, on the sale of the product it can be less than their profit on parts. Lets see what happens....
Keep this thread rolling with everyones good advice and help and let us be the ones who make our Mustangs an even better plane.

Happy flying and landing -S- let us know your experience.
kizashi is offline Find More Posts by kizashi
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 10:50 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
United States, TX, Henderson
Joined Jan 2010
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizashi View Post
-S- You are right on what you say but maybe with todays manufacturing process and if it comes from China, modifying these two issues should not be to expensive. Take Hobby King for example and their retail prices; 4 servos $20.00, electric motor, $13.00, 30 amp esc $9.00, rods, (10 for $1.79treaded), horns, $1.00 (10 pieces screw type not glued) and clevises, $1.33(10 with screws), prop $1.82 and there is a Cessna which only includes the body, no electronics which sells for $30.00. (55 inches wingspan, 40 inches long and with a flying wight of 2 pounds)http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14293
Yes I know it is not in the same league as the Mustang but only for illustration purposes. So the total retail cost for all of this is $78.00 imagine what it would cost at wholesale. Food for thought
In my case repairing them puts my brain neurons to work and it even has helped me in improving my skills in problem solving issues at my work, so I will continue fixing my planes.

Since it took me less time to drop them a line than what I spend at this great site I decided to let them know. Probably they will send my email to their trash bin So if they don't fix it, well I did not loose anything. If they do fix it, then they will have a great product with an even better potential of sales and happy customers. Is'nt everyting today about Customer Satisfaction (joke).
The truth is that today, every manufacturer makes their money on the parts, :eek, on the sale of the product it can be less than their profit on parts. Lets see what happens....
Keep this thread rolling with everyones good advice and help and let us be the ones who make our Mustangs an even better plane.

Happy flying and landing -S- let us know your experience.
Yes, yes, good points, you are right, a little extra glue maybe 2 pennies, better LG maybe a dollar. I hope it does some good.

I am debating about an early AM or a late PM trip out winds are supposed to be 5-15 so I'll give it a whirl and report back with my success or failure!

Till then, -S-
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
Old May 06, 2011, 11:56 PM
Paradise R/C Flyers in NY
United States, NY, Utica
Joined May 2010
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_poppa4904 View Post
Has any of you tried a 3 blade prop? This would look very cool. Wonder what would be a good 3 blade to try???

APC preferably
the real mustang has a 4 blade prop

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX1634&P=6
bhcnomo is online now Find More Posts by bhcnomo
Old May 07, 2011, 12:05 AM
United States, NY, Utica
Joined May 2010
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -S- View Post
Yes, yes, good points, you are right, a little extra glue maybe 2 pennies, better LG maybe a dollar. I hope it does some good.

I am debating about an early AM or a late PM trip out winds are supposed to be 5-15 so I'll give it a whirl and report back with my success or failure!

Till then, -S-
VIDEO video we need to see some VIDEO
or pictures

i will be going out tomorrow to fly also
if it dont RAIN
Old May 07, 2011, 12:39 AM
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
United States, NC, Shelby
Joined Nov 2010
1,666 Posts
bhcnomo, would that be a good prop to use that you linked? On a stock set-up?
big_poppa4904 is offline Find More Posts by big_poppa4904
Old May 07, 2011, 01:47 AM
Joined Aug 2009
839 Posts
It all comes down to responsible quality control and consistency when producing an inoviative product like the new EPO mustang with the balsa servo trays and motor mounts instead of the old fashion wood stick mounts and plastic coated cardboard servo trays. Several years ago, we all made points about the fragility of the old EPS foam "eggshell" airframe air planes and now the manufacturers in China have heard U.S. customers concerns about the high risk of airframe failure due to EPS foam within a few flights or damage from simple transportation. Durability in an airplane investment through EPO is now a growing standard in park flyer warbirds and sport planes. The same goes for the "little bugs" we are now seeing creeping up in the Hobbico Mustang.
Let Tower Hobbies, aka Hobbico, know because there is always room for improvement at a reasonable price. Nothing is 100% perfect in this hobby but the chances of having a Mustang that is totaled due to these little "bug" issues is almost certain for those customers who are not lucky enough from finding and reading this informative thread.

Help out your fellow r/c Hobby Brothers who are not in the know!

Let's all go for the big push together.
drypipe is offline Find More Posts by drypipe
Last edited by drypipe; May 08, 2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old May 07, 2011, 03:17 AM
United States, NY, Utica
Joined May 2010
979 Posts
Quote:
bhcnomo, would that be a good prop to use that you linked? On a stock set-up?
i dont know
just showing what a 4 blade looked like
but would be fun to try
Old May 07, 2011, 04:14 PM
United States, NY, Utica
Joined May 2010
979 Posts
here flight 1 from this morning

P-51 Mustang 5-7-11 9am -1 (1 min 2 sec)
Old May 07, 2011, 06:00 PM
Heli and E-Plane
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Nov 2010
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcnomo View Post

Nice flying there bh!!!
jer291113 is offline Find More Posts by jer291113
Old May 07, 2011, 06:17 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Decals

Quote:
any help with my decals question on other page??
Found these ones, don't know if they will work for you since they are for a bigger airplane

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16311
Old May 07, 2011, 06:24 PM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcnomo View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRn8wmSuUvk
Man you are really a master of the P51 Your plane Rocks!.....or is it the pilot? I need to learn to fly like that. Well only been flying 5 months and not full time.
I need to get a camera
Old May 07, 2011, 06:58 PM
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
United States, NC, Shelby
Joined Nov 2010
1,666 Posts
Quote:
Found these ones, don't know if they will work for you since they are for a bigger airplane

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16311
nice find. although I would be afraid to order it cuz it might be too big. It dont tell the size. thanks for doing a research though
big_poppa4904 is offline Find More Posts by big_poppa4904
Old May 07, 2011, 08:23 PM
United States, NY, Utica
Joined May 2010
979 Posts
Quote:
Man you are really a master of the P51 Your plane Rocks!.....or is it the pilot? I need to learn to fly like that. Well only been flying 5 months and not full time.
I need to get a camera
thanks kizashi
flying about a year here
ya i go every day when the weather is good
i think its mostly the plane and a little of me
but that has not come easy with out some good crashes
Old May 08, 2011, 12:13 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
686 Posts