Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:06 PM
Dave The Geek
Dave The Geek's Avatar
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2009
420 Posts
Discussion
Simple, Cheap LIPO Balancing Charger

I am rigging up a 12V LED light system for my wife and will be running it off a 3S lipo pack. What I am looking for is a cheap balancing charger. This will need to be plug in the JST connector and the charger kicks in automatically. My wife doesn't really know anything about LIPOs and I want to make this as easy as I can. I would have her use a Cellpro 4S but I am looking for something cheaper.

What are my options oh great gurus of the RC world?

Thanks
DTG
Dave The Geek is offline Find More Posts by Dave The Geek
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:45 AM
Reduce the drama...
rick.benjamin's Avatar
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
A 10 cell Nimh pack (12 volts)
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=11552.37
No balancing to worry about, little fire danger.
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:32 AM
Registered User
ggcrandall1's Avatar
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Geek View Post
I am rigging up a 12V LED light system for my wife and will be running it off a 3S lipo pack. What I am looking for is a cheap balancing charger. This will need to be plug in the JST connector and the charger kicks in automatically. My wife doesn't really know anything about LIPOs and I want to make this as easy as I can. I would have her use a Cellpro 4S but I am looking for something cheaper.

What are my options oh great gurus of the RC world?

Thanks
DTG
Anything cheaper than a Cellpro 4s could be dangerous. It is about as simple as you can get in a charger. Plus it is about as safe as you can get. And it does exactly what you stated, plug the battery in and it starts charging. Why monkey around with some cheap substitute?

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:05 AM
Dave The Geek
Dave The Geek's Avatar
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2009
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick.benjamin View Post
A 10 cell Nimh pack (12 volts)
http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=11552.37
No balancing to worry about, little fire danger.
I was thinking about this option but this LED system is going to me mounted onto a hardhat so lighter would be better.
Thanks for the idea
Dave The Geek is offline Find More Posts by Dave The Geek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:05 AM
Dave The Geek
Dave The Geek's Avatar
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2009
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
Anything cheaper than a Cellpro 4s could be dangerous. It is about as simple as you can get in a charger. Plus it is about as safe as you can get. And it does exactly what you stated, plug the battery in and it starts charging. Why monkey around with some cheap substitute?

Glen
Yea I was thinking about just having her use my 4S charger. Might find a used one or something.
Thanks
Dave The Geek is offline Find More Posts by Dave The Geek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 07:21 AM
Dave The Geek
Dave The Geek's Avatar
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2009
420 Posts
Well a Cellpro 4S it will be.
They have refurbished units for just $27.95 right now

Thanks all
DTG
Dave The Geek is offline Find More Posts by Dave The Geek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 09:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
136 Posts
Cellpro 4S is a good choice.[img]/sig/31/smile.gif[/img]
FranklinWalker is offline Find More Posts by FranklinWalker
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Parkzone 2-3 Cell DC Li-Po Balancing Charger + 3 lipo's flyerjs Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 6 Nov 15, 2010 11:06 PM
For Sale 3S 11.1V LiPo Balancing Charger, 1.8A [EFLC3115] bdp3822 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 4 Nov 11, 2010 09:01 PM
For Sale E-Flite EFLC3110 2-3 Cell LiPo Balancing Charger JHawk19 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Sep 10, 2010 07:12 AM
For Sale E-Flite EFLC3110 2-3 Cell LiPo Balancing Charger 0.65A JHawk19 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Sep 10, 2010 06:40 AM
Discussion Good, cheap LiPo balancing charger RevoAirsoftKid Batteries and Chargers 4 Feb 25, 2007 07:48 AM