HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:31 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,749 Posts
I'll always have a monitor backup ready.
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:32 PM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
If you don't make a rock solid connection for the liberator you will regret the saveings you made in the HP purchase

you will loose a plane
that is far more costly than the saveings on a HP deal for $100

the HP are very very unreliable
I don't pull or test the connections.
I sit in a lawn chair with plenty of slack.

I wonder how soon some enterprising fellow will offer bullet proof connectors or a means of fortifying the originals?

It's a great product just needs some robustness put in play.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:44 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,263 Posts
Quote:
If you don't make a rock solid connection for the liberator you will regret the saveings you made in the HP purchase

you will loose a plane
that is far more costly than the saveings on a HP deal for $100

the HP are very very unreliable
David22--

Thanks, but we are looking for solutions not repeating what is already known.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:05 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Rcgroups

has clearly shown all there is to need to know about the HP goggles.

this stuff has been repeated over and over agian on how to fix the hp and modifications.

even after makeing the connectors rock solid so there is no play at all, yuou wil find another problem

but have been already reported on rc groups

all solutions have been reported it is easy to look for the threads and posts

HP will not coome out with new goggles and solutions

you wil pay the price you tried to save in buying poor goggles not designed for fpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
David22--

Thanks, but we are looking for solutions not repeating what is already known.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:11 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaker View Post
I don't pull or test the connections.
I sit in a lawn chair with plenty of slack.

I wonder how soon some enterprising fellow will offer bullet proof connectors or a means of fortifying the originals?

It's a great product just needs some robustness put in play.
the economy is so bad they wil not at this time develope better goggles
but more importantly redo the connectors

but rather sell out and clear inventory asap
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:19 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,930 Posts
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mount my HP and Liberator: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=14 . Essentially a cheap motorcycle half helment with a visor to block light. The Liberator is inset into the top of the helmet along with a battery mounted in back. I'll just run ordinary RCA cables from my VTx (edit: Oops, meant VRx) to the liberator.

As for video loss with static, I read that using a component to VGA converter (plugging into the Liberator's VGA port) stops the reported slow frame rate reported with high static. I don't have any source for such a thing though...probably a home made unit, but I'll try my via RCA cables first.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Vantasstic; Nov 21, 2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:21 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,263 Posts
David22--

You may unsubscribe to this thread and please stop trolling. This thread is not to debate what's best, but what to do to improve the Headplay goggles for FPV without going on and on with tangents and rants as you are doing right now. So, please start your own thread on why you don't like Headplays and wait for others who share the same belief to join. Leave this thread alone.

Thank you.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:22 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
there are 3 cell lipos that fit well inside the liberator that can be plugged dirrectly ito a deans connection as an example.

the 12 volt supply that is stock,the one that comes with the liberator is odd ball, and has a center pin thaty is not normal. hard to find but when found is a secure connection.

you will find the centre pin is not normal but needs to be fatter
it is an odd ball connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I bought the connector mentioned in post #8, fits fine. I have a couple of older Thunderpower 2000ish 3s lipos that still charge and balance OK, but power is down under load, so I'll use these to power my Headplays. I just tapped into the balance plug. I hope to find a project box of some lind to mount the liberator to, to hold the battery.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:25 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,263 Posts
Quote:
there are 3 cell lipos that fit well inside the liberator that can be plugged dirrectly ito a deans connection as an example.

the 12 volt supply that is stock,the one that comes with the liberator is odd ball, and has a center pin thaty is not normal. hard to find but when found is a secure connection.

you will find the centre pin is not normal but needs to be fatter
it is an odd ball connector
David22,

Thanks, that was helpful.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:30 AM
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Its not trolling at all

I
have done many tests with head play

and have done lots of research re headplay

Also have gone through two sets of head plays

Have fun with your headplays but I will give my opinion

and post pictures if needed

E=Prof100;16607487]David22--

You may unsubscribe to this thread and please stop trolling. This thread is not to debate what's best, but what to do to improve the Headplay goggles for FPV without going on and on with tangents and rants as you are doing right now. So, please start your own thread on why you don't like Headplays and wait for others who share the same belief to join. Leave this thread alone.

Thank you.

Bill[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 21, 2010, 06:50 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mount my HP and Liberator: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=14 . Essentially a cheap motorcycle half helment with a visor to block light. The Liberator is inset into the top of the helmet along with a battery mounted in back. I'll just run ordinary RCA cables from my VTx to the liberator.

As for video loss with static, I read that using a component to VGA converter (plugging into the Liberator's VGA port) stops the reported slow frame rate reported with high static. I don't have any source for such a thing though...probably a home made unit, but I'll try my via RCA cables first.
Van,
Thats' a nice helmet there for winter but I can't see you enjoying it much in the Vegas heat.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 21, 2010, 07:39 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,070 Posts
Just cut the end off the supplied wall adapter and solder a deans to it. I've never once needed a ac adapter for them.

For light blocking remove the goggles from the visor and implant them into ski goggles. I use gorilla tape.
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:08 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Here's what I'm thinking of doing to mount my HP and Liberator: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=14 . Essentially a cheap motorcycle half helment with a visor to block light. The Liberator is inset into the top of the helmet along with a battery mounted in back. I'll just run ordinary RCA cables from my VTx to the liberator.

The way I understand it, using the 18r firmware stops the low frame rate problem. I installed the 18r (came with 20r installed) and played with them, even totally removing video signal, display came back immediately when reconnected.
Art Newland is offline Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:00 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Van,
Thats' a nice helmet there for winter but I can't see you enjoying it much in the Vegas heat.
Yeah...part of why I'm looking at buying a white helmet. On another post someone put little 12v computer fans in a helmet for air circulation. In my search for helmets I saw some Horse Riding Helmets and Skate Boarding Helmets that would likely work well too...they'd certainly be lighter and already have lots of cooling slots in the helmet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:03 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
Just cut the end off the supplied wall adapter and solder a deans to it. I've never once needed a ac adapter for them.

For light blocking remove the goggles from the visor and implant them into ski goggles. I use gorilla tape.
Might you have a picture of such a mod? I'm actually thinking of something similar of my Trimersions.

For the HP, that darn Liberator is not very liberating. I read of using a belt clip and such to keep it from cable/plug damage. The mounting of the goggles and liberator in a helmet looked like a pretty reasonable solution for an all-in-one setup.
RCG Plus Member