HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:45 PM
Joined Oct 2006
51 Posts
FAQ
Question on chargers

I have been out of RC for around a year now and how things have changed in that time. I'm looking for another charger to charge small parkflyer batteries. most are around 800 to 1300mah. I currently have a cellpro 4 now and love this little charger so I was looking at the cellpro multi 4 so I could charge my nimh 1/18th scale batteries with it also. Is this charger still king of the hill or are there better chargers out for the price?
money-pit is offline Find More Posts by money-pit
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:31 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,173 Posts
Yes the Multi 4 is a very good choice.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:05 PM
TJin(Guy + Tech)
United States, NM, Socorro
Joined Jun 2008
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by money-pit View Post
I have been out of RC for around a year now and how things have changed in that time. I'm looking for another charger to charge small parkflyer batteries. most are around 800 to 1300mah. I currently have a cellpro 4 now and love this little charger so I was looking at the cellpro multi 4 so I could charge my nimh 1/18th scale batteries with it also. Is this charger still king of the hill or are there better chargers out for the price?
Still king of the hill? I don't believe it was ever king of anything, it was just the first FMA charger to be "Multi-chemistry". Honestly if I was wanting to charge small packs and wanted a nice charger, I would look at a Bantam BC6DX or the new model. They are an AC/DC unit, have a nice big screen and would be a great match to a small battery guy. Along the same lines is the Hyperion 606i AC/DC charger. Not as snazy as the Bantam but basically the same specs.
tjinguy is offline Find More Posts by tjinguy
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:18 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,372 Posts
Take a look at the Multi4, it's a good little charger.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:30 PM
Joined Jul 2010
43 Posts
Get the Multi 4. Super safe and easy to use.

Matt
mdh1979 is offline Find More Posts by mdh1979
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:31 PM
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Feb 2007
651 Posts
I started with the fma cellpro and though it could easily be debated whether or not its king of the hill ...it is a very very good charger and simple and safe to use especially considering your using small packs.I used it with my 3 s packs and it was great but I eventually needed more watts.the price on them is very good.
propnut07 is online now Find More Posts by propnut07