SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:17 AM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Discussion
You know you have a sailplane addiction if...

Things that may signal you have an RC glider addiction.
  1. Your wife has asked if you can "Get that wing off the dining room table" by Wednesday so she can set it for Thanksgiving.
  2. You are out shopping and see a bird "Thermal up". You tell your wife that "We need to hurry home for some BS reason".
  3. You call to get a political candidates sign in front of your house so you can use the Colorplast in a build.
  4. You buy a vehicle based on how much wing surface it can hold.
  5. Your chiropractor says things like "Boy your neck is really tight." or "I wonder what brought this on."
  6. The most dangerous part of your flight is getting the model to, into and out of your vehicle.
  7. The police have you on their suspected glue sniffers list due to your "bulk" purchasing and recent purchase of a gram scale.
  8. Your wife says, "I wonder where all my emery boards are disappearing to.
  9. Your wife burned her neck when she tried to use your blow dryer which, is actually your heat gun.

Homesick_Angel is offline Find More Posts by Homesick_Angel
Last edited by Homesick_Angel; Nov 22, 2010 at 06:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:45 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,786 Posts
10. You will never get another birthday or Christmas present because you've used those all up ... early...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick_Angel View Post
Things that may signal you have an RC glider addiction.
  1. Your wife has asked if you can "Get that wing off the dining room table" by Wednesday so she can set it for Thanksgiving.
  2. You are out shopping and see a bird "Thermal up". You tell your wife that "We need to hurry home for some BS reason".
  3. You call to get a political candidates sign in front of your house so you can use the Colorplast in a build.
  4. You buy a vehicle based on how much wing surface it can hold.
  5. Your chiropractor says things like "Boy your neck is really tight." or "I wonder what brought this on."
  6. The most dangerous part of your flight is getting the model to, into and out of your vehicle.
  7. The police have you on their suspected glue sniffers list due to your "bulk" purchasing and recent purchase of a gram scale.
  8. Your wife says, "I wonder where all my emery boards are disappearing to.
  9. Your wife burned her neck when she tried to use your blow dryer which, is actually your heat gun.

I am embarrassed to post a picture of my dining room table, which was last cleared for last Thanksgiving. Hey, it gets cold in the basement. As I do not build woodies anymore several of those do not apply.

In addition to being in Jack's predicament I have also used up my birthday presents, even if I live to be 100.
jaizon is online now Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:05 AM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts
Quote:
You buy a vehicle based on how much wing surface it can hold.
That holds real for me , for real!!! I am looking for another car to replace my Durango, which is going to explode anytime, the autoshow is this weekend, and we (both, me and my wife) only look at cars that can hold 5-6 planes (no kidding! )
Number 8 is also true
nicoyenny is offline Find More Posts by nicoyenny
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:17 AM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,461 Posts
11-all new planes have to be the same color as your old ones so she can't tell the difference.

12-you take off work early to rush home to stash that Fedex box in the man cave! thank goodness for tracking!
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:14 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
13 - You know there is a kit or plane under the tree for you. You take the plane out, stuff the box with some old wood and build/fly the plane. Then on Christmas you open the box, look at the box and gush over it. Then you state, I do not want to take it out now, it could break.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:38 PM
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Feb 2005
79 Posts
14. The boys in the company mail room know that when FedEx shows up with a really long box, it is going to your desk.

15. Your local hobby shop says "Do you want this to the house or to your office."
soarx4 is offline Find More Posts by soarx4
Last edited by soarx4; Nov 19, 2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:34 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarx4 View Post
14. The boys in the company mail room know that when FedEx shows up with a really long box, it is going to your desk.

15. Your local hobby shop says "Do you want this to the house or to your office."
14 is great. My carbon and stuff is always just brought directly to my office.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:36 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
16. When you are watching a RCA DVD, your wife refers to Paul Naton as "That mellow sounding guy".
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:47 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,461 Posts
WHAT! You can have it shipped to your office?Oh, wait, as a contractor my home is my office
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:48 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,275 Posts
17. you owe your parents (i'm a kid) about twice the cost of their house right now, you just hope they forget about it
18. your relatives hate buying for you because all you want is "that little metal thing" or "that hunk of plastic that is wayyyyyy overpriced"
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:50 PM
United States, NY, Island Park
Joined Jun 2005
40 Posts
17. The manufacturer sent me this plane for free. All I have to do is build it and write a kit review for a popular publication.
strom3932 is offline Find More Posts by strom3932
Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:54 PM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoyenny View Post
The autoshow is this weekend, and we (both, me and my wife) only look at cars that can hold 5-6 planes (no kidding!)
Yep...replacing the station wagon early next year, and the primary criteria is cargo compartment length since I'm starting into scale. And what's up with the car show on Thanksgiving week lately?? It used to be a January deal.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:05 PM
Thermite + ice = Big boom.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Apr 2009
2,275 Posts
how did you get that deal? i want in!
boaterguy is offline Find More Posts by boaterguy
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:40 PM
volare est vivere
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Jan 2005
2,007 Posts
hi there from Toledo

19) You look up at the cumulo nimbus clouds that threaten rain and think only about the amazing lift under each one.

ciao -rjf
ray foley is online now Find More Posts by ray foley