HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2010, 05:47 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2010
40 Posts
Discussion
best balancing charger...

Hey guys...i am getting into 3d flying and am looking forward to buying two planes... a 51 and 70...here's the thing they will run on a 6 cell 4000-5000mah lipo...and a 4 cell 2650mah...what would you suggest be the easiest to use and best charger including balancer that will last even if i move up to 8 cell lipos? to make my lipos last as long as possible...i am not worrying about speed...a fast charger would be nice but not exactly necessary...and also suggestions on a power source...thanks for all who helps!
chriskaw85 is offline Find More Posts by chriskaw85
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:11 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,758 Posts
Quote:
to make my lipos last as long as possible
Best charger is not going to do that . It is up to you to learn best LiPo management and stick to it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1330647

Fact is if you use the best LiPolys and do not abuse them there is an excellent chance that they will never really require balancing. If you use less expensive poorly matched LiPolys ,push them to hard,discharge to deep ,do not store them correctly then you need the very best and perhaps most powerful balancer available.

I have many chargers and if I had to pick just one it would be my FMA POWERLAB 8.

At the moment my second choice would be the iCharger 3010B.

There is a Thread here which compars these two

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1280537

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 19, 2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:32 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskaw85 View Post
best balancing charger...
The best and safest car wont stop you from crashing and driving stupid. Like mention above the best charger wont do you good if you don't know how to care for you're packs.

Then if you do know how to care for them then you don't need to best charger as most of todays charger have all the safety features and charging options for proper lipo charging.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip