HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
I remember somewhere in this thread, the replacements for the ball links on the main gear was discussed and a Helo replacment part mentioned.. Does any one here know what that part was and where to get it? I cant find the post..

Thanks in advance..
Edwards Rc is offline Find More Posts by Edwards Rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:43 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards Rc View Post
I remember somewhere in this thread, the replacements for the ball links on the main gear was discussed and a Helo replacment part mentioned.. Does any one here know what that part was and where to get it? I cant find the post..

Thanks in advance..
Check your LHS for TRex 500 ball links and use the shortest ones

Or if you can't get them there a main sells them
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Thanks for the help..
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:26 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
926 Posts
Quote:

Thanks in advance..
Page 25...post 363 & 365. I show pics of how my mains came with the turnbuckles stripped.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=363

Good news, as mentioned above, these threaded rods & turnbuckles off our F/A-18 E-retracts are Standard Helicopter parts! I went to my local Hobbytown USA today and took the retracts in and they had all the parts there to upgrade or replace the stripped out pieces! That's good to know.
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
That is good news, however our little jocal hobby shop does not carry Helo parts.. so I'm looking for a web site as well.. for the Trex 500.. but I don't know anything abouy helos either...
I will call Nitro in the morning and see if they will do the same for me, as they did for you.. thanks..
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,280 Posts
Hi.
I used T-Rex 450 ball links and are OK.
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss View Post
Hi.
I used T-Rex 450 ball links and are OK.
Takis
Thanks, any Idea where I can go to find these on the web?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:54 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,280 Posts
Most Rc shops have them, it is the most popular heli.
Type T-Rex 450 and you will find pages of e shops.
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Nitro plane support blows..

The saga on my main gear continues.. now the electric motors failed.. I was working on the Nose gear door.. (while I try to find the ball links).. I wait for an hour on chat with nitro only to learn that they will send me replacement retracts only after I remove mine and pay toi ship them back to them!! Then it will take 7 to 10 days to process the replacement gear..

So Im out another 2 weeks and all Im getting is another set of crappy mains... Im done with these clowns.. its time to by kits and build them our self...

does anyone have links to replacment gear for this 70mm F18?? drop in's under $100.. other wise this airplane might just turn into a fixed gear POS...

thanks in advance and sorry for the rant....
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,598 Posts
Quote:
The saga on my main gear continues.. now the electric motors failed.. I was working on the Nose gear door.. (while I try to find the ball links).. I wait for an hour on chat with nitro only to learn that they will send me replacement retracts only after I remove mine and pay toi ship them back to them!! Then it will take 7 to 10 days to process the replacement gear..

So Im out another 2 weeks and all Im getting is another set of crappy mains... Im done with these clowns.. its time to by kits and build them our self...

does anyone have links to replacment gear for this 70mm F18?? drop in's under $100.. other wise this airplane might just turn into a fixed gear POS...

thanks in advance and sorry for the rant....
Listen for a very very quite whine when you flip the gear switch, if you hear one then it's not blown just binding.

What I usually do is go gear down and push on the etract then gear up pull on it to get rid of the biding and the gear will come up.

Grease the trunnions with lithium grease or something of the sort if does this too many times
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
There is no noise, when it is in the down position, the gear wobbles forward and aft.. not stiff like it was when just the ball links were broke..

I appreciate your continued help.. at the time I was trying to get the nose gear doors hooked up with string so they would close with the gear retraction..I still cant get that right... just discusted with thie kit... and it designs on the hardware..

It's liable to be a one flight wonder if this keep up.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Nov 2005
5,598 Posts
Quote:
There is no noise, when it is in the down position, the gear wobbles forward and aft.. not stiff like it was when just the ball links were broke..

I appreciate your continued help.. at the time I was trying to get the nose gear doors hooked up with string so they would close with the gear retraction..I still cant get that right... just discusted with thie kit... and it designs on the hardware..

It's liable to be a one flight wonder if this keep up.
Before spending the dough take the one that's giving you crap apart and see if it works.

I think X-flight might have some in stock or HK.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:35 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
http://youtu.be/tVYJNX0fARs?hd=1

I wanted to give this plane a last flight before I build my new one!
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
201 Posts
Safety First...

Though Im sure many of us appreciate your video.. I have to say that your kind of flying .. around and over people is the type of flying that give RC flying bad names..
Have you ever thought of or seen what a 3 lbs EDF moving at 80 to 90 mph will do to someone?? Did you even consider it... its ugly... the energy stored in one of these can cause serious injury or Death ...

I would highly recommend you learn about your local AMA certified clubs.. it is there where you will learn how and where to fly in a proper setting, with your membership with AMA, you even get insurance in case you do hurt someone of their property.

Not very impressive camera work either,by the way unless your a soccer player... sorry, but Im sure I stating what many here are thinking when they see admission of wrecklessness...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:44 PM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Though Im sure many of us appreciate your video.. I have to say that your kind of flying .. around and over people is the type of flying that give RC flying bad names..
Have you ever thought of or seen what a 3 lbs EDF moving at 80 to 90 mph will do to someone?? Did you even consider it... its ugly... the energy stored in one of these can cause serious injury or Death ...

I would highly recommend you learn about your local AMA certified clubs.. it is there where you will learn how and where to fly in a proper setting, with your membership with AMA, you even get insurance in case you do hurt someone of their property.

Not very impressive camera work either,by the way unless your a soccer player... sorry, but Im sure I stating what many here are thinking when they see admission of wrecklessness...
Thanks for sharing your opinion... I'm sure you and everyone who shares your opinion is happy that someone said something.................................
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671