HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:41 PM
Goodyear, AZ.
Joined Dec 2005
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
2) the servoless retract system, which consists of the a) electronic retract mechanism, and b) the machined aluminum landing gear with springs.

I went to the upgrade/parts tab on the webpage.

no pictures for positive identification

1) electronic retract system $39 - does this mean both the servoless retract and the landing gear? (this is out of stock)

2) metal landing gear $49 - I assume just the machined landing gear.

let me connect the dots here.... i think its a hint that I have to get both.. to get what the next level of the kit with servoless retracts

Thanks for info everyone

opps before I forget... NP could have put a picture on the upgrades/parts tab to have visual confirmation of what your getting. why why why.. they dont do this?

LW
lw777pilot is online now Find More Posts by lw777pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:53 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
It's nice that they have them listed and orderable on their website, pictures or not.

Don't guess ... contact customer service (e-mail or phone), or their support forum here on rcgroups, or the "NitroPlanes.com Order Support" forum on rcdiscuss.com, and ask.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
Goodyear, AZ.
Joined Dec 2005
274 Posts
good idea... thanks fredmbud
lw777pilot is online now Find More Posts by lw777pilot
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:56 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
i feel like a big dummy..never done this before... i glued in my wings.. using hot melt glue...and i didnt check my elevator wings alignment..i had the plane at an angle and just didnt check...duh i know..once i did check..oh know..the left wing is almost level with the main wing but the right elevator wing is angled down more...

how much will this effect the flights performance?..i was trying to get it loose and pull it out..should i just cut it out and glue it in straight or just dont worry about it?
jjh24 is offline Find More Posts by jjh24
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:00 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
So, what you mean to say is that the left elevator is level with the left main wing, but the right elevator is slightly angled down compared to the right main wing, correct?

If so ... not a big deal. You should be able to trim it out.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:43 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
So, what you mean to say is that the left elevator is level with the left main wing, but the right elevator is slightly angled down compared to the right main wing, correct?

If so ... not a big deal. You should be able to trim it out.
ok thanks..really appreciate your knowledge...just lookin at it bothers the heck out of me...would it be so bad to give it a clean cut and glue it back with the proper angle?..or just leave it..not a big deal

.... thanks for the help

2011-11-26 16.50.10.jpg
Last edited by jjh24; Nov 26, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,706 Posts
i suggest you reinforce your wings with some epoxy . hot glue isnt strong enough on a structure like the wings.come summer time and the plane is sitting in the heat, that glue is bound to get soft. ive lost a plane once using hot glue.
ps this is my opinion . others may think diffenently
good luck
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:04 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
If it really bothers you, try heating the area with a hot air gun or hair dryer - hot enough to soften the glue, but no start expanding or melting the foam, adjust, and then let the glue cool.

But I would fly it first. If it flies well enough, which would bother you more, a slight misalignment or a butchered elevator joint?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:06 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
i just posted a picture
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:08 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i suggest you reinforce your wings with some epoxy . hot glue isnt strong enough on a structure like the wings.come summer time and the plane is sitting in the heat, that glue is bound to get soft. ive lost a plane once using hot glue.
ps this is my opinion . others may think diffenently
good luck
thanks sandman...im still learning so i appreciate the input..thanks
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:11 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
If it really bothers you, try heating the area with a hot air gun or hair dryer - hot enough to soften the glue, but no start expanding or melting the foam, adjust, and then let the glue cool.

But I would fly it first. If it flies well enough, which would bother you more, a slight misalignment or a butchered elevator joint?
right...ill give it a try first and go from there...i dont want to butcher it..lol.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:05 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
BTW, your F-18 looks like the older Exceed RC F/A-18C, judging from the landing gear, the nozzles, and the wingtip missiles. Are your intakes oval or rectangular?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:32 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
BTW, your F-18 looks like the older Exceed RC F/A-18C, judging from the landing gear, the nozzles, and the wingtip missiles. Are your intakes oval or rectangular?
they are rectangular...forgive me if i posted on the wrong thread.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:47 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
If you have a different version, no biggie. They're not all that very different, assembly-wise.

This is what the subject of this thread looks like.

Old Nov 26, 2011, 10:37 PM
soKali, Chino
Joined Mar 2010
172 Posts
gotcha..ok thank you for your help