HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:56 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
3,575 Posts
That makes sense. I bet the 90mm F-18 is HUGE. It looks incredible, and I bet it gathers tons of onlookers at the field.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:00 PM
R&D Engineer
China shenzhen
Joined Sep 2007
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wefinance01 View Post
TCat, which version did you buy the kit,rr,kit w/retracts etc?

Andy based on whats avialable on the market for the same price its not worth it. As stated its a no brainer for me. BH A-10 twin 70 with srewjack retract for 179.99, see http://www.bananahobby.com/2100.html versus 70mm F18 superhornet with retract for 169.99, see http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a718-re...-eretract.html

Andy i just cant see the value of in the price difference of 89.99 versus 169.99 kits. $80 dollars for retracts on a 70mm jet? it better be top notch, free of manufacturer defects and able to withstand very hard landings in both concrete and rough grass takeoff without bending or braking from the base or from the foam.
Sorry friends
My English is very bad.
I can not express my point.
I should try to learn English.
A-10 is a plastic gear EPS
F-18 is a CNC metal gear EPO
The price difference between them you will know.
In China a EDF-JET 100 dollars you can choose the raw materials
You can choose to 200 dollars of raw materials.
Andy chen is offline Find More Posts by Andy chen
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:04 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Sep 2004
13,501 Posts
USPS has delivered!!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:05 PM
Joined Aug 2008
3,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
USPS has delivered!!
Ugh oh! It's build time AND picture/video time! PLEASE ha-ha-ha.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:10 PM
R&D Engineer
China shenzhen
Joined Sep 2007
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajora View Post
usps has delivered!! :d
cool!!! :d
Andy chen is offline Find More Posts by Andy chen
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:41 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Jun 2008
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy chen View Post
Sorry friends
My English is very bad.
I can not express my point.
I should try to learn English.
A-10 is a plastic gear EPS
F-18 is a CNC metal gear EPO
The price difference between them you will know.
In China a EDF-JET 100 dollars you can choose the raw materials
You can choose to 200 dollars of raw materials.
Andy, The BH F18 has a set of $105 Lander 3.5kg servoless retract in them, I just used and strenghtened the stock V2 struts, because I will use the lander struts in the LX A-10 twin 70....with that in mind, your F18 is still a great design but I still cannot justify an 80 dollar retract designed for 70mm edf weigh of less than 3 lbs, unless I can used them also on larger EDF's later such as 90mm weighing up to 8lbs. We are looking at $26.66 per lbs with your retract versus $12.5 per lbs of ground handling.
Wefinance01 is offline Find More Posts by Wefinance01
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:50 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
919 Posts
I'm totally with you - $80 for a retract system on a jet of this size is bordering on absurd, no matter how awesome it is... It is unfortunate because I'm trying to downsize from the 90mm's and twin 70mm's that I've been flying, and thought this jet would be a great way to reduce costs as well... Turns out I'll be paying more to get less - And I don't fly that vector!

I think I'll apply the cash I had reserved for this jet towards BH's likewise overpriced twin 70mm F-22 or the A-10 everybody is talking about. I heard LX has a twin 70mm F/A-18 in the pipeline as well, which will likely become another BH exclusive, unfortunately.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:52 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Bajora - Just start taking crap loads of pictures!!!

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:54 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Jun 2008
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
That makes sense. I bet the 90mm F-18 is HUGE. It looks incredible, and I bet it gathers tons of onlookers at the field.
it is huge...it is 5 feet long. They do gather onlookers...lol. I regards to this 70mm superhornet, Im just having trouble justifying the price considering the alternatives, especially when there are many servoless retract on the market that is suitable for this 3 lbs plane. I think 20 dollars lesser is what I would pay for them. Bringing the kit w/retracts down to 149.99. I know its EPO but that doesnt matter to me since I use minwax polycrylic on all my jet to give them a hardened outer shell while still keeping the weight light.
Wefinance01 is offline Find More Posts by Wefinance01
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:54 PM
Joined Sep 2004
13,501 Posts
Oh I AM ... stand by peoples ..... massive media upload to commence it 5... 4 ... 3 ... 2 .....
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:04 PM
Joined Sep 2004
13,501 Posts
Ok here we goes!!

Sorry for the "opening the box" and "in the plastic bags" photos? I usually make a rule never to shoot that style BUT the kit arrived in perfect shape and was packed nicely. I recvd a personal note from Andy. What a classy guy! Thanks Andy.

Two different canopy bases are included, one seat or two seat variants. A TON of armaments! I like how Mr. Chen always gives me a sneak peek at his future product "calendar" .. do you see it?

Ok, this is going to be a "live" shoot of sorts so if you are tuned in and want to make any photo "requests" on this one, please do it and I will try to oblige!

Here is batch one.

I'll pull the SD card out of the PC, shove it back into the DSLR and head back down to the studio for round 2 now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2004
13,501 Posts
Round #2 ... is anybody tuned in and watching?!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2010, 02:23 PM
Joined Aug 2008
3,575 Posts
Excellent! Thanks Bajora. How are the instructions??
Old Dec 29, 2010, 02:26 PM
Joined Sep 2004
13,501 Posts
One large sheet, as is usually the case with Exceed A-RC products. The assembly looks to be pretty straight forward and self explanatory?
RCG Plus Member