HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
I must be as lost as anybody. I have ordered 2 planes from Nitro but cant find this one listed. When I click the f-18 icon I get the airfield and maxjet kits. When I search I get tidbits from the old 70mm exceed kit.

Nitro is listed as coming to the Wram show this year. Maybe I will have to aquire this kit if they bring it. It's this or the 80mm F-15 that Easytiger sells. That model is great looking.
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
It is in the new products section.

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman View Post
Was going to work on the fuse a little more today but I ran into a dilemma, I need a reversed servo and some y connectors. Anybody know where I can get some?

j3tman,
http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=792 Y-connector

http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=542
RC Lander metal gear LS-2 servo (which are GREAT servos in my opinion). Lander was very smart and started creating reverse servos. I love that company, lol. They always get it right. Scroll down, and choose whether your want the regular or reverse servo.

If you decide not to buy the servo reversed, Sent them to me and I'll reverse them for you if you would like. You have been real cool on the build, this is what I can do to give back a bit.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Last edited by T-CAT; Jan 10, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:36 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughitaliankid View Post
I must be as lost as anybody. I have ordered 2 planes from Nitro but cant find this one listed. When I click the f-18 icon I get the airfield and maxjet kits. When I search I get tidbits from the old 70mm exceed kit.

Nitro is listed as coming to the Wram show this year. Maybe I will have to aquire this kit if they bring it. It's this or the 80mm F-15 that Easytiger sells. That model is great looking.
Here is the link to all the different color shcemes in KIT version.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a718-bl...-eretract.html
http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a718-jo...-eretract.html
http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a718-re...-eretract.html
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:43 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Thank you for the links I probably get the servo reverser instead of the reversed servo and I need that 3 leg cable for the retracts. And If I need anything else I will just down to the local hobbyshop and see what they have.

j3tman,
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:03 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for the links I probably get the servo reverser instead of the reversed servo and I need that 3 leg cable for the retracts. And If I need anything else I will just down to the local hobbyshop and see what they have.

j3tman,
Here's another site (Windrider.com) if you need Retract extensions. $1.50 + $1.00 shipping. It's where I got mine, great quality.
Link, then third item down: http://www.windrider.com.hk/product.asp?id=166
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:09 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Awesome thank you for the link if only they had a servo reversor on their site I could get everything I wanted on one site.

j3tman,
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:57 PM
Joined Aug 2008
5,701 Posts
Rug gave a great link with a great price. Thanks man.

J, unfortunately it's not on the same site, but rcdude.com has a servo reverser.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:03 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Haha just ordered the stuff, but I bought some heat shrink and a y connector with a servo reverser built in from rcdude.com.

j3tman,
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:31 PM
south alabama
Joined Dec 2010
296 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I'm looking forward to everyone else's build to maybe get some other ideas.

j3tman,
I got a few ideas if mine would ever get here was supposed to be here tomorrow but does not look like it will be Cuse of snow in Alabama of all places but what do you think of full flying elevators. I kinda got a idea on how I would like to do It
john_53_70 is offline Find More Posts by john_53_70
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:03 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Full elevators would be awesome!!!! On mine I am just going to use the stock elevators with no mods, but if you can pull it off it would be a great mod.

j3tman,
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:34 PM
south alabama
Joined Dec 2010
296 Posts
Yeah I think it would fly more realistic especially if you could tie them in to the ailerons, not so much for high speed but it would make big diffrence at slow speeds if you ever watch a superhornet demo you will see the elevons making huge deflections and give the plane it's superb agility, I belive the hardest part of the project would be matching paint
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:39 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
My art tech F14 has full moving elevators and it a simple setup and it should be a pretty straight forward mod. Would you still use the elevators that came with the plane or would you make some balsa ones?

j3tman,
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:00 AM
south alabama
Joined Dec 2010
296 Posts
I was thinking about making some out of foam but on the other hand wood would be much stronger, but this will be a mod to do after get some good fights on her
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:13 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4 Posts
Control surfaces set up

Hi Guys,
I just picked up the Blue Angel ARF version this past weekend at the AMA show. I have one question, what's your control surface setup? Low rate high rate and expo. Thanks in advance
demattos62 is offline Find More Posts by demattos62