HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2011, 05:39 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
That's on 5S? My MB-1 Combo is putting out 2150watts @123A on 5S, more power but pulling way my Amps too. That said I don't see how the Cyclone was faster than your MB-1's.
Remember watts is a measure of the transfer of energy(including heat) and while a good indicator of speed it doesn't always provide a clear apple to apples comparison. I think the MB-1 combos are fantastic, especially for the price, but they are Amps hogs, I think a lot of that wattage is going into generating heat. Since the motor will only turn at 3200kv and the cyclone is just a tad faster at 3300kv I don't see that as being a big differentiator. I think the Cyclone motors run more efficiently and the power difference was very noticeable, despite having lower total watts.
swps is offline Find More Posts by swps
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2011, 05:49 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Mine is blue angels and will get a video and lots of pics up soon.

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Jan 07, 2011, 06:01 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
Cool. been wanting to see some good pics of that one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman View Post
Mine is blue angels and will get a video and lots of pics up soon.

j3tman,
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Old Jan 07, 2011, 06:23 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,735 Posts
Mine was waiting for me at home, opened it up and everything looked good ... even got proper pairs of landing gear doors!
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:23 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
873 Posts
Nice ! What do you think about the foam J3t ? This is my first EPO plane so i dont know if all EPO is like this or if this one is better than average. I do know i like the foam a lot. Seems very strong compared to regular foam planes...
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:30 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
I like it, it's not very squishy if you know what I mean, I was thinking is was going to be like EPP if anyone know's what that feels like. But it is really nice foam and the best thing about it is you can breathe on it with out it getting dents like EPS foam. So but I think I will have a blast building this thing.

j3tman,
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:50 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,735 Posts
The paint looks to be on the latex-y side. An AirField-type finish would have been nice, but still, it's a purdy jet!
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:53 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
3,544 Posts
Looking GREAT J!! I can't wait to see the build and see it fly. I love the blue angels colors.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
146 Posts
Hmmm.... I've been looking on nitroplanes.com and I may be blind but I can't find this anywhere.. Anyone have a link??
norco kid is offline Find More Posts by norco kid
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:59 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
Hmmm.... I've been looking on nitroplanes.com and I may be blind but I can't find this anywhere.. Anyone have a link??
Look under "New Arrivals"
Old Jan 07, 2011, 08:22 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
Here ya go narco, http://www.nitroplanes.com/new.html
They're under "New Arrivals". Scroll down this page a bit & the 1st 70mm Exceed F/A-18's about the 8th row down with fixed gears, then scroll down a little more and you'll see the F/A-18's with the Metal Retracts.

Happy hunting
-Rick

Oops, just noticed Fred posted a reply 23 minutes before mine, guess I need to get my eyes rechecked!
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; Jan 07, 2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2011, 08:35 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
926 Posts
Your Blue Angels F/A-18 Looks Sweet jt! I almost pulled the trigger on that one instead of the Red Viper.

Just a heads up...check all the small "C" clips on your retract legs (in pic below "C" clips are all in place, circled in Red), two of mine were missing. They could easily come apart without these "C" clips with a little vibration.

-Rick
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Old Jan 07, 2011, 09:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Thanks guys

I just wanted to say that since I started this thread I want to make it very easy for everyone to help everyone on this jet since it really just hit the market and not sure how many people actually have this jet. So if anyone has a flight video, mods (that work), or just videos on the jet like my "whats in the box" video please post them and I will start making a collection of videos on the first page. Hopefully this will help people out when building the jet or thinking about buying one, and this is Rcgroups and it was created to help each other. So just FYI

To sum that up, if your working on the jet get a camera and spam on the "take picture" button and share it with all of us.

j3tman,
Old Jan 07, 2011, 09:53 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,871 Posts
Hi Guys just got back from the AMA show today friday no F18 to be found maybe I missed it wil be going back tomorrow wil see just wanted some of you guys Know how ever pick up the new T45 fiberglass jet whoa what a beauty .
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver