HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:14 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ATpl0w View Post
$85....http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a718-redviper-kit.html

They put it on sale from time to time for as low as $75.

Im running a 2w25 with the CS/10 with good results. I thought you already had this jet, viper?

i hv flown 6S before. but the retracts just couldnt take it..during landings. that's why now i'm thinking of 4S 3300mah to 4000mah setup with CS10 . Need to find a suitable motor...i had leopard 3400kv...but this motor is just too heavy,...
viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
ROLL, PITCH, YAW
Joined Jan 2011
301 Posts
$85....http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a718-redviper-kit.html

They put it on sale from time to time for as low as $75.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
Yep, $80.60....sorry about that extra .60!
I believe the electric retracts they included was somehow an oversight.
Still, a great deal for a very nice airframe.

I am definitely using a wemo 70mm minifan. I have a few motor options in stock to use here: HET 2W-20, HET 2W-18, and a Cyclone CS480-2500-32EDF I believe is meant for 6s. I can't find much info about the Cyclone. It's a beautiful motor with standoff mount like Don's wicked motors.

Not sure which motor is my best bet with this airframe? They are all brand new, meant for other projects that have been pushed back in the build line!

Question: On the airframe I found the side frames next to the main gear retracts are not glued to the fuselage. What is the reason for this? Am I supposed to do some work in this area before I glue them in place?

That's it for now, thanks a bunch for any and all help guys,
Ken
I see now, I was looking at the ones advertised w/ retracts. I wonder if I'll get lucky on this $85 one and get the retracts as well
washab is offline Find More Posts by washab
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:37 AM
Scale Jet Driver
United States, TX, Grapevine
Joined Jul 2012
759 Posts
For some reason, I got the retracts too with my airframe only kit.
Rangerfan is online now Find More Posts by Rangerfan
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
That's amazing! You'll pay more for just retracts for
other brands....Great pimp decision gentlemen!
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
759 Posts
I should sell my retracts (that I never ordered or paid for in the first place) lol.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:57 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
I should sell my retracts (that I never ordered or paid for in the first place) lol.
I would
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:11 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,709 Posts
I would not. Because I could not bring myself to take anybody's money in return for such worthless .
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
995 Posts
i really wanted to keep the retracts, and as of now the mains are still in. I am very close to ditching them. The nose is the biggest pain to fix bc of the pull pull and gear doors but the main's malfunctions are the leading cause of the nose gear needing to be fixed every other flight....#frustration
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
If you were looking for the kit with fixed gear, looks like it is out of stock now! I just went over there to look at some pics and thats what NP site says.
i was only looking at the blue angel scheme i guess...this is not entirely true.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
ROLL, PITCH, YAW
Joined Jan 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
For some reason, I got the retracts too with my airframe only kit.
Ranger
did you pay $80 as well?? if that's the case i'm pulling the trigger for sure. might even get two.

By the way I already have this unit http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1200watt.html

going with that 4S setup with 3300mah 40c bat and 100A hobbywing ESC
Already got all the guts and servos for this bird so we'll see how it goes.

And thanks again for the link to the plane guys.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by washab View Post
Ranger
did you pay $80 as well?? if that's the case i'm pulling the trigger for sure. might even get two.

By the way I already have this unit http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1200watt.html

going with that 4S setup with 3300mah 40c bat and 100A hobbywing ESC
Already got all the guts and servos for this bird so we'll see how it goes.

And thanks again for the link to the plane guys.
Yeah I only paid 80 for the airframe only (along with a spare nose cone, I always order a spare nose cone). I got the jolly roger version, if that matters.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:51 AM
ROLL, PITCH, YAW
Joined Jan 2011
301 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I only paid 80 for the airframe only (along with a spare nose cone, I always order a spare nose cone). I got the jolly roger version, if that matters.
I'm looking to get the jolly roger scheme as well. was looking at the diamond viper really hard at first but the jolly roger has me struck.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:08 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1 View Post
I would not. Because I could not bring myself to take anybody's money in return for such worthless .
Good man!
I gave mine away to!
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:22 PM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16 View Post
Good man!
I gave mine away to!
I gave the nose unit away already. Got the bent mains in a junk box to possibly use on a plane that weighs less than a couple of sheets of paper!!!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
995 Posts
I just took my gear out, since my ESC stick down about 3 mm lower than the lowest point of the airframe i am going to epoxy a small piece of CF tube right in front of it, parallel with the wing, so there is a rounded edge in front of it and not the sharp points of my ESC's heat sink.

Now that i took the gear out i am extremely tail heavy even with the batteries in...did you all go with the suggested 75mm CG or further back? (i know this answer is already in the thread i was hoping for a quick reply bc i am working on it right now)

*****update*****

Okay please let me know your opinion bc i am still fairly new to making sure my CG is correct. It balances VERY sturdy at 80mm (propper battery placement required) If it pitches nose up while on the CG machine the nose stays up but the plane does not lose balance. If the nose pitches down the tail is heavy enough to level it out, but again, stays balanced on the machine. Is this a sign of being a TAD tail heavy or is this okay as long as one end or the other is not overly weighted. Maybe when it gets this close is when you get to personal preference?
Last edited by xfatdannx; Nov 29, 2012 at 03:34 PM.