HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:32 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,887 Posts
anyone have any new videos of one with flaps?

, love the way this bird flys...

regards
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:23 PM
Scale Jet Driver
United States, TX, Grapevine
Joined Jul 2012
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
anyone have any new videos of one with flaps?

, love the way this bird flys...

regards
Not that I'm aware of. But if the forecast holds for Sunday, I will probably fly at Gtrcc. If you're free, come with and we'll buzz the pattern guys.
Rangerfan is online now Find More Posts by Rangerfan
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Not that I'm aware of. But if the forecast holds for Sunday, I will probably fly at Gtrcc. If you're free, come with and we'll buzz the pattern guys.
Sounds good...hope it's not freezing
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:07 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
any of you guys from texas going to wings over houston on sat? I will be there. Driving from omaha to austing to see my sister then houston on sat.
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:54 AM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
any of you guys from texas going to wings over houston on sat? I will be there. Driving from omaha to austing to see my sister then houston on sat.
I won't be. Would like to but have too much planned for Saturday. Have a safe trip.
BTW: It's going to be unseasonably cool for Texas this weekend.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
ya but compared to the 40* rainy weather we are having i think i will be okay
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
758 Posts
Quote:
ya but compared to the 40* rainy weather we are having i think i will be okay
I'm looking forward to it! I grew up in Iowa so I look forward all year to the cool Texas fall and winter to fly in. Makes up for the 106 degree days that just cook my batteries. Just hope the rain stays away. You can keep all of that that up your way!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Jun 2006
244 Posts
My "Superbug" arrives

Nice job Nitro on the entire process !!! Shipped next day after a sunday p.m. online ordering so take heed BH; why do you let our orders just sit pending shipping ??? usually 3 or 4 days. Ten days from L.A. to me in Nova Scotia -not bad (best part was "no duty". I was like a kid opening the box for a quick peek after work last night; awesome detail, and NO damage at least I could see.
WOW; lots of armament and fuel "jugs" but probably as a belly lander I'd not use.
Maybe I'll magnet them on for pics and showing off but I'd imagine the drag is brutal on "stock power". All in all; I'm impressed with my Diamondback and will build during our winter. Appreciate all your insight, comments, and mods submitted by everyone. I'll continue to read this thread as I build my Hornet.
"TIMBITS" is offline Find More Posts by "TIMBITS"
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by "TIMBITS" View Post
Nice job Nitro on the entire process !!! Shipped next day after a sunday p.m. online ordering so take heed BH; why do you let our orders just sit pending shipping ??? usually 3 or 4 days. Ten days from L.A. to me in Nova Scotia -not bad (best part was "no duty". I was like a kid opening the box for a quick peek after work last night; awesome detail, and NO damage at least I could see.
WOW; lots of armament and fuel "jugs" but probably as a belly lander I'd not use.
Maybe I'll magnet them on for pics and showing off but I'd imagine the drag is brutal on "stock power". All in all; I'm impressed with my Diamondback and will build during our winter. Appreciate all your insight, comments, and mods submitted by everyone. I'll continue to read this thread as I build my Hornet.
Welcome to, soon to be, your favorite flying jet! Its a great flyer. Get her balanced right and she'll be a joy to fly.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,339 Posts
I have one in the mail. I'm thinkin about going with a Cyclone 4100/4blade ChangeSun fan? Any good suggestions on a power set-up??? I'm about to read up on the thread now...
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
You'll love this jet. Especially if you build it according to what you
read on this thread.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Nov 2005
5,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
I have one in the mail. I'm thinkin about going with a Cyclone 4100/4blade ChangeSun fan? Any good suggestions on a power set-up??? I'm about to read up on the thread now...
Get the CS fan and get it balanced, check jack at EDF hobbies and he'll get one machine balanced for you.

CP 480 2500kv motor and CS 10 blade fan and you can fly it on 4, 5 and 6s...

The sound is outstanding and the landings will be scale...

I have a setting on my radio for landing and really thinkin of doing flaps...

Maybe will do this on my second one...my current one is startin to look kinda ratty
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
994 Posts
been quiet around here the last few days. I am about to go fly for the first time since fixing the gear...wish me luck boys!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined May 2011
470 Posts
Have a GREAT flight xfatdannx! You'll have a blast. I've been flying the snot out of mine. Such a great flying ship. I did have a mishap Sunday though. I was trying to get in one last flight.. and you know what that means. After proly 25 great hand launches over the past weeks I judged poorly on the toss and it went off in my hand. I stalled it and it nose dived in. Smashed the nose cone and broke the fuse in several pieces all the way back to the leading edge of the wing. I have plenty of gg on hand and it will be back in the air on Saturday. Nothin stops this plane!
reno4sure is offline Find More Posts by reno4sure
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by reno4sure; Oct 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:40 PM
Grand Blanc, MI
Joined Jan 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
been quiet around here the last few days. I am about to go fly for the first time since fixing the gear...wish me luck boys!
Hope all goes well.
will3kgt is offline Find More Posts by will3kgt