HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 05:56 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfatdannx View Post
got the good camera out today to snap a few photos.
Looking good!
Good job covering the elevator control pushrods with a carbon tube. Very flexy without. No one should fly without that IMO. At least the way mine came. Weak weak metal.
Ispintechno is offline Find More Posts by Ispintechno
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:04 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispintechno View Post
Looking good!
Good job covering the elevator control pushrods with a carbon tube. Very flexy without. No one should fly without that IMO. At least the way mine came. Weak weak metal.
i cut em about 10mm too short so i used an idea my dad had and dropped some canopy glue in each end. Keeps them in place and no rattle. Try it if yours are bugging you.
xfatdannx is offline Find More Posts by xfatdannx
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
The bottom line with this plane is once all the little BS things are taken care of it is one of the best flying planes out there!
X you going to maiden tomorrow?
MERLIN
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:12 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
i need to balance first. bought a CG machine yesterday and its missing pieces! so i will have to wait till monday to get a reply from great planes and then another week for them to deliver... So i am thinking about just stopping up at the local club and ask if someone has one i can use for now. I spent a little more on this plane than my others so i really want to make sure everything is good to go before i get in the air. Minimize the variables to make the maiden as smooth as possible.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:15 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
Depending on how this flies and how things go over the next several weeks. I might get a second one

I wouldn't mind having a diamond viper or jolly rogers to have the armament on. I just don't think it makes sense on the BA b/c they don't load up...
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:22 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
I used the carbon tubes from the new Parkzone F-27 Stryker Q and dabbed CA into the tubes. They where the perfect length. In fact the entire aileron push rods are from the Stryker. Fit like a glove. Much stronger (I broke the Z-bend in the exceed aileron rod right off). Bought them at the LHS for $5.

I balanced my plane with fingers
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
Quote:
i need to balance first. bought a CG machine yesterday and its missing pieces! so i will have to wait till monday to get a reply from great planes and then another week for them to deliver... So i am thinking about just stopping up at the local club and ask if someone has one i can use for now. I spent a little more on this plane than my others so i really want to make sure everything is good to go before i get in the air. Minimize the variables to make the maiden as smooth as possible.
I had that CG machine and I'm sorry (for you) to say I used it once and could not wait to get rid of it. I sold it on RC Groups . My fingers are way more accurate. You may find the same thing. When in doubt just go slightly nose heavy.
Good luck when ever you maiden.
MERLIN
PS
When you go to sell it on RC Groups I will remove this post LOL.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:30 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Depending on how this flies and how things go over the next several weeks. I might get a second one

I wouldn't mind having a diamond viper or jolly rogers to have the armament on. I just don't think it makes sense on the BA b/c they don't load up...
I really enjoy this airframe too. Thinking about a second also. Might get the Diamond Viper again. The red is a little easier to see vs. the jolly rogers. I also can't get over how pretty it is.
If there was a good EPO 70mm F-16 I would probably buy that maybe instead to trick out the exhaust easier. The bifurcated is a challenge.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
I still like the warbirds and wouldn't mind getting a Japanese plane. I also kinda want to merge my EDF affection with the warbird affection and get a Sabre, Mig 15, and/or a ME 262
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Jan 2005
12,903 Posts
Once you fly this Hornet 2 times you can get the Dynam ME 262. You will be ready for it than !
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:06 PM
Defender of the park sky
London, ON Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,123 Posts
Quote:
I still like the warbirds and wouldn't mind getting a Japanese plane. I also kinda want to merge my EDF affection with the warbird affection and get a Sabre, Mig 15, and/or a ME 262
I'm the same way. I'm a huge fan of WWII fighters, lately my F-18 has been my most flown plane but I have an ungodly amount of flight time on my corsair and just put a new e-flight motor with a homemade motor mount shaped in my dad's woodshop after completely wearing the original motor (the motor just came apart and separated finally, can't complain. Lot's of flight without maintenance, thank you park zone).
Warbirds have a special place in my heart and enjoy low level acrobatics at lower speed with them.
The F-86... just waiting for the right 70mm EPO version to be made with a correct nose. I'll be all over that. The Dynam ME-262 is intriguing but sounds terrible stock. Have to account for a double CS10 conversion and typical dynam upgrades I'm sure too. Be pretty pricey after the fact.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined May 2011
432 Posts
I didn't get to maiden mine today. Too many honey doos! Any way I was kinda waiting on you veterans of this plane to confirm the CG. I balanced mine where the manual said and I had to slide my 3300 mAh 4s batt all the way back and still add 1/2 oz to balance it. It was way nose heavy! Am I off on this?
reno4sure is offline Find More Posts by reno4sure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fms 1700 f4u
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:21 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
thats what i was gonna do if i got the 262...dual cs10! I have the PZ gunfighter with the power 10...that motor ROCKS! i upgraded to a 50amp FMS esc and the PZ t28 prop...pulls 36 amps peak and has unlimited vert. i fly inverted at less than a foot off the ground, my dad thinks im nuts haha. he just got the PZ wildcat, pretty sturdy little plane, would also be a cool plane with power 10

hey reno...did yours say to balance at 75mm? and did you balance with the gear down or up or do you use gear?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined May 2011
432 Posts
Yes it said 75mm and I balanced with gear up.
reno4sure is offline Find More Posts by reno4sure
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fms 1700 f4u
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:40 PM
advanced n00b
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Feb 2012
976 Posts
i think someone previously mentioned that the suggested CG is good.. Also remember that the measurement is from where the main wing meets the "canard".

you should balance with gear down first. That way you are balanced when going to land. At least thats how its been described to me... my other EDF all the gear go forward so it changed the CG drastically, not sure how it is affected by the gear on this since 2 go back and the nose goes forward. But try it both to see where it is. just remember, nose heavy is acceptable, tail heavy is not!