Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:16 PM
Frist flight ok, landing bad!!
USA, CA, Ukiah
Joined May 2010
71 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Rant
People interfearing with others sales

Why do people on this forum feel that it is there to jump into someones for sale ad and start post negative info?
I listed a JR XP652 radio and receiver for sale in the radio section with a asking price of $225.00 shipped, or willing to trade for a DX6i or DX7i.
I get a post from a member (RedStarArmy) posting that he thinks that I could buy two radios for my asking price. (So?) He is not interested in buying it. (Wonder if he is a forum cop?) So why post a statement that makes look like I am trying to rip someone off, when all I want to do is get the best price I can. ( Maybe he thinks I should buy high and sell low?)
If someone wanted it they will let me know and maybe ask for a little lower price. That is between me and them,not him.
This is my first time listing here and if this is the normal practice here it will be my last.
Thanks for reading this post and have a safe and happy holiday season.
scothman is offline Find More Posts by scothman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:20 PM
it's for sale
Glasgow, KY
Joined Sep 2010
130 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Had this happen to me by people who have no regards for the rules and get away with it, it's not there thread. If they arent happy with the price move along! Some people just have a hard time understanding that concept.
Full Spool is offline Find More Posts by Full Spool
Last edited by Full Spool; Nov 18, 2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scothman View Post
Why do people on this forum feel that it is there to jump into someones for sale ad and start post negative info?
I listed a JR XP652 radio and receiver for sale in the radio section with a asking price of $225.00 shipped, or willing to trade for a DX6i or DX7i.
I get a post from a member (RedStarArmy) posting that he thinks that I could buy two radios for my asking price. (So?) He is not interested in buying it. (Wonder if he is a forum cop?) So why post a statement that makes look like I am trying to rip someone off, when all I want to do is get the best price I can. ( Maybe he thinks I should buy high and sell low?)
If someone wanted it they will let me know and maybe ask for a little lower price. That is between me and them,not him.
This is my first time listing here and if this is the normal practice here it will be my last.
Thanks for reading this post and have a safe and happy holiday season.
I read the for sale thread you mention , but you both have Edited your original posts , so I cant tell the intent of the original messages . I will say , the user known as RedStarArmy is usually a pretty decent Guy , Could it be that he thought maybe he was helping you because your price was too high , and the Radio would have never sold at even close to the $225 you were asking ? Maybe he was trying to let you know that , rather than scolding ?

init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:33 PM
United States, NJ, Middlesex
Joined Feb 2008
1,193 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
I'll speak in my defense once, and thats all..as i do not get into this types of battles here.

I saw you didn't have any prior postings here in the market section, and your first post was grossly over priced. Now I did not know your intentions but I hate to see people get taken on over paying when they don't know any better, esp. newbies in the hobby. I've seen it happen many times, esp on ebay, where you (scothman) are from. I was not trying to scold anyone, but I'll admit I wasn't at my nicest. I really don't care what you do, I just wanted to make sure others are aware of the actual going rates for your items. Feel free to delete my posts from your sale thread and good luck to you.
RedStarArmy is offline Find More Posts by RedStarArmy
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:40 PM
Winston Salem, NC
Joined Aug 2006
276 Posts
Trader Rating: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I read the for sale thread you mention , but you both have Edited your original posts , so I cant tell the intent of the original messages . I will say , the user known as RedStarArmy is usually a pretty decent Guy , Could it be that he thought maybe he was helping you because your price was too high , and the Radio would have never sold at even close to the $225 you were asking ? Maybe he was trying to let you know that , rather than scolding ?

Bottom line. If someone is truly trying to help the seller they should do so by PM. Otherwise they're just grandstanding. I get tired of seeing people comment negatively in other peoples FS thread.

M.
MikeinNC is offline Find More Posts by MikeinNC
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:53 PM
USA, CA, Ukiah
Joined May 2010
71 Posts
RedStarArmy:
I won't delete your post as there is no reason to.
If you had said that you thought I was high in my pricing I might of lowered the price. I wonder if it had been to low if you would of done the same, to keep me from being ripped off?
As far as me being from e-bay,if you had checked my rating there you would of seen that most of my feedback is as a buyer but I have some as a seller also and I was using that to try and show people here that I have a honest rating as I have none here.
I understand you intent.
Thanks
P.S I think enough been said and if agreeable with you I will close this thread.
The edit was I forgot to put in the word you in my second sentence.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:59 PM View Post
Jairoblaster
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while Jairoblaster edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:08 PM
Winston Salem, NC
Joined Aug 2006
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairoblaster View Post
I say press on to another forum, we dont need your kind here. Just my Two cents.
Man. You are way out of line here.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:12 PM
USA, CA, Ukiah
Joined May 2010
71 Posts
Where did I say that I was trying to pass on a bad buy?
Maybe there should be a listing some where on here the right price of radios for sale on here.
As giving the hobby bad name there was no intent to do wrong here and you and others jumping the gun on weather I was trying to rip someone off or that I am a rip off person is way out of line and a bad way to say hello to a new member to the forum.
As for moving on you bet I will, just like a lot of others are doing. Keep it up and only you and others like you will be left and wondering why the forum went belly up.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:17 PM
Winston Salem, NC
Joined Aug 2006
276 Posts
Quote:
I say press on to another forum, we dont need your kind here. Just my Two cents.
What if one of the so called "brotherhood" around here reported your post as a personal attack against Scothman for the above comment you made. Then how would you feel?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:36 PM
USA, CA, Ukiah
Joined May 2010
71 Posts
To RedStarArmy:
I now understand you intentions were for the good maybe just not said right and no hard feeling here.
Hope to trade the radio and if not guess I will have to put it to use.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
I meant to do that....
United States, CA, Upland
Joined Dec 2005
372 Posts
Trader Rating: 236
Quote:
Jairoblaster; If you are going to take that kind of attitude, then perhaps you should be the one to take your own advise!
crashnburned is online now Find More Posts by crashnburned
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:41 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Trader Rating: 98
they're called "threadcrappers" and are really pains...always quoting a cheaper price etc....sickening is what they are.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:52 PM
SKY-MOLE HIT HARD GO DEEP
United States, UT, Washington
Joined May 2006
467 Posts
Trader Rating: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
they're called "threadcrappers" and are really pains...always quoting a cheaper price etc....sickening is what they are.
Usually they crap on the ad thus comforting themselves into thinking that they somehow devalued and lowered the possible selling price of the item because deep down the thread crappers actually want the item- but not at the advertiser`s posted price-
gliders is offline Find More Posts by gliders
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:56 PM
Winston Salem, NC
Joined Aug 2006
276 Posts
so true

Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
Exactly my thinking. I just was afraid to use the "c" word.
Closed Thread