SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:30 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
oh about a year and a half ago this is when i learned that radians do NOT exit power dives just fast forward to 2:09 or so, at this point the radian was looking pretty beat up, i had crashed it quite a few times already. This was the last time this one flew. Took me 10 minutes to find the camera.

Radian Crash (2 min 17 sec)
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha View Post
nice video
how did you do the split screen thing. I have been thinking about trying to do that with two cameras on my RP as well.
Also what is the highest altitude that you have taken your RP too ?
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:16 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,517 Posts
What software did you use to do the picture in picture?
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
Registered User
Maximilionalpha's Avatar
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
nice video
how did you do the split screen thing. I have been thinking about trying to do that with two cameras on my RP as well.
Also what is the highest altitude that you have taken your RP too ?
Sorry guys, I posted my vid in the wrong section. I'm flying the Parkzone Radian, not the Pro and the highest altitude that I've been with the Radian, is 3,101 feet AGL during a lightening storm. I've got video of my other high altitude non-fpv flights in the Radian section and on youtube. The software I use to edit my vids,is called, Movie Magix Pro.
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
3,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddruck View Post
By the way I hate pushers, the way they push the nose down when you give it power, bad for the video. This puller configuration pulls straight no matter what power you give it and quieter. I think it is about 6 deg up from level.You can always fine adjust with washers.
Nice job. You apparently have the motor mount angle dialed in correctly but there is no difference between pushers and pullers with regard to the affect of a pod mount on the plan's pitch. If mounted horizontally both apply a pitch-down moment because they are pushing or pulling on an arm extending up from the center of mass. Ideally the thrust vector would pass through the center of mass. The farther ahead or behind the center of mass the motor is the easier it is to achieve that but the ideal is often often not possible in any pod mount.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Last edited by kaptondave; Feb 16, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:24 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha View Post
Sorry guys, I posted my vid in the wrong section. I'm flying the Parkzone Radian, not the Pro and the highest altitude that I've been with the Radian, is 3,101 feet AGL during a lightening storm. I've got video of my other high altitude non-fpv flights in the Radian section and on youtube. The software I use to edit my vids,is called, Movie Magix Pro.
Thanks Max. I will check that one out. I suspect that in my Adobe Premiere or on my iMovie on my Macbook Pro that I will find that capability to do split screen
I will check out your other aeriel videos
Here is a link to mine

Aerial Video Ohlone College 02/03/2013 (12 min 16 sec)



aerial video San Mateo Bridge mashland 01 27 2103 (10 min 18 sec)
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
1,749 Posts
Max that is quite a collection of aeriel videos you have there. I will have to take the time to go through them and look at them.
Very Cool.
I subscribed to your channel on youtube.

:-) well done
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:42 PM
Registered User
Maximilionalpha's Avatar
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
You're welcomed, foamyyflyerr! What type of camera are you using?
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:44 PM
Registered User
Maximilionalpha's Avatar
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Max that is quite a collection of aeriel videos you have there. I will have to take the time to go through them and look at them.
Very Cool.
I subscribed to your channel on youtube.

:-) well done
Thank you and thanks for subscribing to my channel! Yeah, sometimes I get hooked on posting almost every flight that I make. , tomorrow, will be another vid post, if the weather permits.
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:52 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Thanks Max. I will check that one out. I suspect that in my Adobe Premiere or on my iMovie on my Macbook Pro that I will find that capability to do split screen
I will check out your other aeriel videos
I have read there are ways to do picture in picture on iMovie but I haven't managed it yet
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heading to the NEAT Fair
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:56 PM
Registered User
Maximilionalpha's Avatar
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
I have read there are ways to do picture in picture on iMovie but I haven't managed it yet
Picture in Picture in iMovie '09 (2 min 0 sec)
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:09 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
flohio117's Avatar
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,479 Posts
Hey guys which motor on here would be an upgrade or just as good but lighter?
http://www.espritmodel.com/mvvs-sail...ss-motors.aspx
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:28 PM
Registered User
Maximilionalpha's Avatar
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
oh about a year and a half ago this is when i learned that radians do NOT exit power dives just fast forward to 2:09 or so, at this point the radian was looking pretty beat up, i had crashed it quite a few times already. This was the last time this one flew. Took me 10 minutes to find the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJz21Yb3Kp0
That was funny! An old flying buddy of mine, that I used to fly with crashed his so many times and repaired it just as much, that we started calling it, frankenradian. lol, but as far as power dives, go, I've done quite a few and managed to pull out of them.
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:38 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha View Post
That was funny! An old flying buddy of mine, that I used to fly with crashed his so many times and repaired it just as much, that we started calling it, frankenradian. lol, but as far as power dives, go, I've done quite a few and managed to pull out of them.
it's quite possible mine decided to commit suicide after all the abuse i put it through i've gone through 3 fuselages and 2 wings already... it was my best learner plane... ** sniff **
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:42 PM
Registered User
Maximilionalpha's Avatar
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
it's quite possible mine decided to commit suicide after all the abuse i put it through i've gone through 3 fuselages and 2 wings already... it was my best learner plane... ** sniff **
I feel your pain, there. I've gone through 2 fuselages and the 3rd one I gave to my flying buddy, because I decided that it was cheaper to do a good repair job, than to keep buying fuselages. ) Still have the same wings from when I first bought my plane 2 years ago.
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rave New Parkzone Radian Pro-discussion thread!!! lightspeeddud Electric Sailplanes 3677 Sep 15, 2014 04:58 PM
Discussion Official Radian Pro Thread Magnumb Parkflyers 14 Apr 10, 2011 10:56 PM
Gallery Parkzone Radian Pro Video bakon Electric Sailplanes 6 Mar 11, 2011 05:21 PM
New Product Parkzone Radian Pro bakon Electric Plane Talk 24 Oct 01, 2010 01:39 AM
Discussion Parkzone Radian Pro $229.99 BnF preorder Tekwip Hot Online Deals 10 Sep 29, 2010 04:35 PM