HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:26 AM
Joined Aug 2010
359 Posts
I even at my age get the urge to hot dog, especially after watching top gun, but If I did this a lot I probably would buy a hotliner. Now this used to happen to me flying full scale also. Loved high speed passes ending in a half loop with half roll at the top. Airport banned inverted flight across the field after a Pitts special killed its pilot or its pilot killed the Pitts I might add I did not do this in a 2-33 or I -26 .
tlar633 is offline Find More Posts by tlar633
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:20 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlar633 View Post
Loved high speed passes ending in a half loop with half roll at the top.
I do that sometimes with the Radian Pro. Maybe it's just a day with no thermals and I'm looking for a thrill, or somebody asks "How fast does it go?"
With a CF wing spar and a bit of elevator fortification, this plane has no problem pulling out of a high speed dive and whistling past your ear.

Of course, I am talking about a dive with the power off. I wouldn't want to try it at WOT.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:27 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davovinch
This is a very important discussion for new glider pilots and I thank all the contributors for the valuable info you have provided re: preset fail safe

It's important to not give up when trying to locate a lost plane, i know that's obvious but what I mean is a lot of people don't bother with Craigslist or even the local paper but if you print up a bunch of flyers and distribute them to peoples homesyou just might be amazed. People do talk to others still and a simple flyer has been my salvation more than once. One time I had no sooner parked the car and took a seat when the phone rang and this was after beating the brush for three days. It turned out I never would have found the plane b/c the finder had put it inside for safety, LOL

[
]
Hi,
The easiest thing to do so that a lost model can be given back to you is to put a small sticker with your name and phone number somewhere where it is visible.
Danny_l is offline Find More Posts by Danny_l
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:55 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,476 Posts
> Plane Locators
> http://forums.flyesl.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=237

> Getting planes out of trees
http://www.flyesl.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=239
> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167396

Extension Poles:
http://www.jackite.com/product_info....roducts_id=133
http://www.geodatasys.com/pole3.htm#notes
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:31 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,585 Posts
Hey guys where cani buy the pusher motor mount for the radian pro and is it any good ?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:20 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey guys where cani buy the pusher motor mount for the radian pro and is it any good ?
Are you referring to one that is specifically designed for the RP, or a generic one? If you search for "power pod" there are lots of them out there on the market.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:34 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,476 Posts
Not aware of a pusher pod for the Radian. Certainly HH would have no reason to sell one as the motor is monted in the nose.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:30 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Are you referring to one that is specifically designed for the RP, or a generic one? If you search for "power pod" there are lots of them out there on the market.
I'm looking for the one for the radian pro.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
I'm looking for the one for the radian pro.
Are you trying to turn the RP into a pusher motor plane ?
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:40 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Are you trying to turn the RP into a pusher motor plane ?
Thinking about it. I love the radian pro but the prop in the front while flying FPV can be annoying.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Thinking about it. I love the radian pro but the prop in the front while flying FPV can be annoying.
Interesting
Let us know what you find
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:50 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,585 Posts
Man I can't find where I found that pusher mod at anymore. It was black and looks like it was Cnc made. It pushed into the top of the foam, then it was glued around the edges
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:00 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,090 Posts
Quote:
I've never flown FPV but I am wondering...can you get in some serious gliding time, or do you need to keep the motor running?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:01 PM
Canada, ON, Pickering
Joined Nov 2006
679 Posts
It is really easy to make a pylon motor mount. here is a picture of mine on a Easy Glider, you can make it same on a Radian, Just a 1/8 ply cutout glued into the foam and balsa sides to give it shape. By the way I hate pushers, the way they push the nose down when you give it power, bad for the video. This puller configuration pulls straight no matter what power you give it and quieter. I think it is about 6 deg up from level.You can always fine adjust with washers. This is my dedicated A/V plane so the prop is not a folder, it is most of time on so there is no real need for it but the pylon can be made to accommodate that if wanted. This plane flies at 1/2 throttle perfectly level at 7 to 8A. I do not bother doing any video with the spinning mess in front of the camera. Regular gliding that is a whole different story.
Dan
ddruck is offline Find More Posts by ddruck
Last edited by ddruck; Feb 15, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:00 PM
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
814 Posts
Parkzone Radian @ 1,801 Feet AGL (10 min 21 sec)
Maximilionalpha is online now Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha