Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Nice, i like watching the control surfaces in flight, how are ypu guys mounting your gopro to the top for front video? Just got my new fuse and got it all back together n trimmed, i figured ive had my gopros on everything else i fly why not this lol
The control surfaces being in the shot was a bonus. I mounted the camera to the fuselage in the middle of the night on a whim last night without the wings even on. I did not know that the wing or the control surfaces were going to be in the picture until I reviewed the video. Now I am going to have to take note of where on the fuse the camera was mounted and mark it with a magic marker.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,565 Posts
BTW the camera is not even a Go Pro it is an inexpensive camera called an "action camera"

http://actionshotcam.com/
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
More Planes Than Sense
United States, PA, Wexford
Joined Feb 2010
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhkaydenz View Post
Sorry it's a bit late but here you go I had to modify the plane just a little bit but it is awesome and feels a lot stronger.
I would be careful with that T-28 Horizontal Stabilizer. It can be prone to having the outer layer peel off in flight. Mine had to be taped numerous times and if you to to the T-28 thread, you will find I'm not alone.
wgarman is offline Find More Posts by wgarman
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:47 AM
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgarman View Post
I would be careful with that T-28 Horizontal Stabilizer. It can be prone to having the outer layer peel off in flight. Mine had to be taped numerous times and if you to to the T-28 thread, you will find I'm not alone.
yeah I put some tape on it to make sure it won't go anywhere thanks for the heads up!
muhkaydenz is offline Find More Posts by muhkaydenz
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:23 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgarman View Post
Is that something that is unique to the T28? I have a RP, Corsair, and Mustang, and they all seem to be made of some kind of brittle foam covered with a smooth plastic coating. The stab on the RP is thinner than the one on the warbirds, but seems to be of similar construction. I did have a bit of the outer layer separate from the foam on the RP, but that was due to my efforts to peel off the black tape.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:28 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Is that something that is unique to the T28? I have a RP, Corsair, and Mustang, and they all seem to be made of some kind of brittle foam covered with a smooth plastic coating. The stab on the RP is thinner than the one on the warbirds, but seems to be of similar construction. I did have a bit of the outer layer separate from the foam on the RP, but that was due to my efforts to peel off the black tape.
I have the older PZ Corsair and with not a lot of time on it I had one of the elevator hinges break and it was still held together by a light plastic film? under the paint on one side. I kinda cut and peeled the "covering" back and put packing tape under it then glued the paint film back on.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:40 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,870 Posts
That sounds like a good idea, attaching the tape directly to the foam instead of the outer covering. So far I have not had any problems, but I have always added a couple of pieces of tape to the elevator hinges before the maiden flight. I consider that as a "must-do mod" for all of these planes. The stock hinges would probably be adequate if they were full-span, but the gaps are too large.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:28 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
968 Posts
New to the Radian pro. Curious about mids for wing mount and horizontal stab? Needed? CF reinforcement? Anything? The stock wing mount screws look pretty soft so I have some hex heads to replace. What else should I be thinking about?
Thanks
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:48 AM
Old Bold Pilot
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
New to the Radian pro. Curious about mids for wing mount and horizontal stab? Needed? CF reinforcement? Anything? The stock wing mount screws look pretty soft so I have some hex heads to replace. What else should I be thinking about?
Thanks
Here is a video reference by Paul Naton for modifying a Radian. Works for the Pro too.

http://glidefast.typepad.com/glidefa...d-set-ups.html

Dave F
>< *>
got-one is offline Find More Posts by got-one
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:38 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Thanks
1 replace FG wing spar with CF
2 replace FG fuselage spar with CF
3 add a couple of small CF skewers to the V-stab
4 something such as a wire or plate added to the narrow waist of the elevator

Total weight gained: none. In fact it will end up lighter, the wings won't flap, and the whole plane will be stiffer giving the control surfaces more authority.

OOps almost forgot...all of the above mods are optional, but here is one that is not. Unhook the control rods at both ends and slide them back and forth. You can feel there is quite a bit of resistance, and that is due to a sticky black coating on the rods. Pull them out and sand them with fine sandpaper until the black stuff is gone. Now they move easier and the servos don't have to work so hard.
Last edited by Jovanx; Jan 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:11 AM
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
1 replace FG wing spar with CF
2 replace FG fuselage spar with CF
3 add a couple of small CF skewers to the V-stab
4 something such as a wire or plate added to the narrow waist of the elevator

Total weight gained: none. In fact it will end up lighter, the wings won't flap, and the whole plane will be stiffer giving the control surfaces more authority.

OOps almost forgot...all of the above mods are optional, but here is one that is not. Unhook the control rods at both ends and slide them back and forth. You can feel there is quite a bit of resistance, and that is due to a sticky black coating on the rods. Pull them out and sand them with fine sandpaper until the black stuff is gone. Now they move easier and the servos don't have to work so hard.
I havn't heard about the screws in the stabalizer before do you have any pics of where to place them and wheere to get cf screws? Also interested in finding where to get a cf fuselage spar and how to install it thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:16 AM
More Planes Than Sense
United States, PA, Wexford
Joined Feb 2010
324 Posts
Quote:
It does seem to be unique to the T-28. Never had the problem with the RP or Radian or for that matter, a gray T-28.
wgarman is offline Find More Posts by wgarman
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:18 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,870 Posts
Not screws but skewers. Just like a bamboo skewer but made of a piece of CF rod about the same diameter as the bamboo, and sharpened at one end. Just give me a bit of time, and I will upload all the info to the mod thread.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:38 AM
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Not screws but skewers. Just like a bamboo skewer but made of a piece of CF rod about the same diameter as the bamboo, and sharpened at one end. Just give me a bit of time, and I will upload all the info to the mod thread.
lol at missing the skewer part and I'm excited to see the pics!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:40 PM
Joined Aug 2010
359 Posts
Why I fly alone

Spent the first part of my day flying my Pro. While I was in a very good thermal a guy shows up and sets up what I later discovered was a Rifle hot liner. He set up at the far end of the field , I was setting in my lawn chair just enjoying a great day. Since he arrived and I decided to land and as a turned onto final he was completing a high speed low level pass down the center of the field.. Since the wind was blowing in his direction I never heard his plane until it passed me a about 10 feet off the deck. Long story short he pulled up right into my plane totaling both models. He came running up as I was just sitting there trying to figure out why my plane was down a lot sooner than I expected. He seemed a little irritated ant me as if the crash was my fault. He actually thought I was still at altitude and never looked down low to see if it was clear. Finally he offered to pay...yep $30 dollars provided he could keep the pieces of the Pro. I declined

After he left I had a good time with my Eflite ASK 21 to my surprise I actually thermaled the thing for about 10 minutes, although it took over an hour of 10 to 20 second flights of the little high start to find one. The little beasty will be happier flying off the sand dunes at the beach.

rest in peace Radian Pro
tlar633 is offline Find More Posts by tlar633