HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:22 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Radio.Active is offline Find More Posts by Radio.Active
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:23 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jan 2011
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio.Active View Post
In C:\Program Files\RC Desk Pilot\Aircraft, make a folder called Radian. Then unzip the Radian files into the "Radian" folder. You'll end up with about 40+ files in the Radian folder.

Restart RCDP, START / MENU / AIRCRAFT and there will be several Radians listed ( Stock, FPV, Slope, RP etc )
Thanks that worked!
campbellj is offline Find More Posts by campbellj
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:26 AM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Sep 2009
103 Posts
I finally got my RadianPro out yesterday. Blew the dust off the wings and put the GoPro onboard. I wanted to use my DX7s but realized I hadn't programmed the RadianPro for it yet! Ended up using the old DX7. It was a perfectly calm day (but cold) and got some shots of the park and surroundings. I'm still wondering about the legality of flying over urban areas...

RadianPro New Year Flight (5 min 25 sec)
microraver is offline Find More Posts by microraver
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:39 AM
Somewhere lost in Texas
United States, TX, Flower Mound
Joined Jan 2011
297 Posts
Quote:
Blew the dust off the wings and put the GoPro onboard
Nice smoothe flight.. Do you have a pic on how did you mounted the GoPro ?
Patchitagain is offline Find More Posts by Patchitagain
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:15 AM
Old beginner...
Brasil, RS, Porto Alegre
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Spinner problem

Have two sets of spinner/props, one came with a Radian Pro and the other was bought has a reserve.

Mounted the Radian motor on a Bird of Time and, when testing motor run, with the new set, noticed noise was smaller, or at least different, and the pull (handheld) was weak.

Decided to test the other and, to my suprise, noise was what I was used to in the Radian and the pull was perceptibly stronger. By the way, the motor in the BoT works well. Mine was with very little down inclination, tried to pull the plane vertical and it would stall, but after fixing this, is OK.

Decide to check the prop/spinner sets and here is what I found:

As you can see, the spinner seems to be the problem, holding the half props at a different angle. Wish I had the instruments to measure and quantify the thrust difference. This might explain why the old set was so good in the first radian and the new was lousy in the second. Since I managed to cartwheel the BoT (this thing of no ailerons and no flaps makes for very long landings and speed bleading close to the ground. A sideways puff is all you need to have problems), will put the motor back in the radian...
JBGROS is offline Find More Posts by JBGROS
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:46 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: WARNING
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:02 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 16, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:50 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Sep 2009
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchitagain View Post
Nice smoothe flight.. Do you have a pic on how did you mounted the GoPro ?
Sorry! no pic
microraver is offline Find More Posts by microraver
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:03 PM
Old Bold Pilot
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
634 Posts
I too have downloaded the RC DeskPilot freeware today with the idea of also loading the Radian plane. However, the loaded software is not responding to my controller. I have an E Sky 4 channel from a FMS simulator program. The TCDP does not know it is plugged in. The computer seems to recognize it and goes through some kind of calibration wizard, but is not recognized by RCDP. Can I get any sugestions here?
Thanks,
Dave F
>>< *>
got-one is offline Find More Posts by got-one
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:38 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jan 2011
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one View Post
I too have downloaded the RC DeskPilot freeware today with the idea of also loading the Radian plane. However, the loaded software is not responding to my controller. I have an E Sky 4 channel from a FMS simulator program. The TCDP does not know it is plugged in. The computer seems to recognize it and goes through some kind of calibration wizard, but is not recognized by RCDP. Can I get any sugestions here?
Thanks,
Dave F
>>< *>
I got the radian pro loaded into mine and also noticed my DX8 is not recognized either. I am using the cable I connect to my radio that came with Phoenix 4. It works fine with Phoenix, but my computer don't recognize it as a controller. Also looking for help with this.
campbellj is offline Find More Posts by campbellj
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:46 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:17 PM
Old Bold Pilot
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one View Post
Thanks,
Dave F
>>< *>
OOOoooops. Now its is working and I'm flying (simulating). I don't know what I did, but it's working.
got-one is offline Find More Posts by got-one
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:20 PM
Old beginner...
Brasil, RS, Porto Alegre
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
[QUOTE=Radio.Active;23698184]I think you need to explore further to find the cause of the difference in thrust. When a folding prop rotates under power it does not angle forward up against the spinner stops as you have shown. Centrifical force has it rotating more closely to 90 degrees to the shaft and in fact somewhat aft on the Radian.

Agree on that, but when the propeller is rotating you can see a difference of position. This covers the video, but what if the thrust is stronger than the CF? Donīt know if it is possible, but...

Are you using the same ESC, LiPo etc and the only difference is the spinner and blades? Not the same model of ESC and LiPo but the actual component? Using the same spinner/hub, ESC, RX, and LiPo fully charged each time, switch only the 2 blades on the spinner to see if there is a difference in the blades assuming they have the same model numbering 9.75X7.5_1 or whatever you curently have. There is a non "_1" original version known to be a problem with the original Radian. Fixed with the 7.5_1 and now there is even a 7.5_1_1

The electronics are the same, only changed spinner and blades. Will try switching the blades.

Alan

As to protection when watching turning props, I have a healthy respect for anything rotating. From diesel and glow engines when a teen to motorbikes to starting real planes by hand (something called a Paulistinha, looks like a Piper Cub) to outboard motors with an exposed flywheel (some 45 yrs ago).

thanks.
JBGROS is offline Find More Posts by JBGROS
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:32 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2007
249 Posts
Has any one used Welders on the R.P.
I have been told it will eat the foam, will it?
graniteguy is offline Find More Posts by graniteguy
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:45 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
yes it will
yellowcolorado is offline Find More Posts by yellowcolorado