SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Sep 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440 View Post
the dx6i was a bit more of a challange but nothing drastic just take your time,but i have to say i dont know how i lived without the light all this time its amazing,
Yes, a back light really helps. Another nice mod is replacing the throttle cut button with a toggle switch. That mod makes the DX6i's throttle cut feature useful with electric models.
LizardMan is online now Find More Posts by LizardMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Sep 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Radian Pro PNP is on B.O. I've got the DX8, 2200mAh 3S 35c batteries and Stand Box all on stand-by ready to hit the flyin field & the only thing missin is the RP!!!!
Consider picking up a few 1300mAh packs. These lighter packs generally work better. 2200mAh packs are nice on the slope, or really windy days. On calm days, 1300mAh packs are a better choice.
LizardMan is online now Find More Posts by LizardMan
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:22 AM
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2004
1,487 Posts
Going back a bit but I dont bother putting the wing screws in at all I have velcro on the wing and in the fuse push them in and the velcro locks stops it working out. I have flown on rough slopes and chucked it around the sky like a tennis ball and have never had it even come out 5mm when have checked it back on the ground . I thinnk there would be a fair bit of friction around the fuse were it slides in and around the spar tube when it is flying
Desert flier is online now Find More Posts by Desert flier
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:53 AM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
Yes, a back light really helps. Another nice mod is replacing the throttle cut button with a toggle switch. That mod makes the DX6i's throttle cut feature useful with electric models.
Hey Lizard

Funny thing you mention that ,after useing the turnigy 9 that has a throttle cut switch ,i thought they should have put one on the 6 instead of the stupid button,i use the switch all the time with the 9,i think i am going to do the mod and add a switch,is there any special switch that i can buy from radio shack that is recommended or any old toggle will do,i have a ton laying around i am sure i have one that will fit,

Thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:13 AM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,991 Posts
Quote:
Hey Lizard

Funny thing you mention that ,after useing the turnigy 9 that has a throttle cut switch ,i thought they should have put one on the 6 instead of the stupid button,i use the switch all the time with the 9,i think i am going to do the mod and add a switch,is there any special switch that i can buy from radio shack that is recommended or any old toggle will do,i have a ton laying around i am sure i have one that will fit,

Thanks Ron
Any toggle will do. I put one in last year and never looked back. While you're at it put a push-button under your left thumb and wire it parallel to the "Enter" switch under the roller wheel. Then the wheel will never break and you won't have the issue with the wheel turning while pressing it and entering the wrong menu command. I really like your backlight - gotta do that.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:06 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Sep 2006
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert flier View Post
Going back a bit but I dont bother putting the wing screws in at all I have velcro on the wing and in the fuse push them in and the velcro locks stops it working out. I have flown on rough slopes and chucked it around the sky like a tennis ball and have never had it even come out 5mm when have checked it back on the ground . I thinnk there would be a fair bit of friction around the fuse were it slides in and around the spar tube when it is flying
I did the velcro mod, as well, after the wing ripped off my RP. I didn't trust two small screws holding my wings on. The velcro, along with mounting servo extensions into the side of the fuse makes for a super quick assembly.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22175388

I was a bit worried that my two strips of velcro securing my wings would be detrimental if I crashed the RP again, but the wings were still able to separate from the fuselage on impact and there was relatively little damage to the wings. The fuselage, however, was toast.
Quasi_Mojo is offline Find More Posts by Quasi_Mojo
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:32 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Any toggle will do. I put one in last year and never looked back. While you're at it put a push-button under your left thumb and wire it parallel to the "Enter" switch under the roller wheel. Then the wheel will never break and you won't have the issue with the wheel turning while pressing it and entering the wrong menu command. I really like your backlight - gotta do that.
Hey Jovanx

ill grab on of my switches tonight and make the mod,thanks,
that wheel is another issue but i will deal with it later,but thanks thats another great idea,mine has been sticking lately and is being a pita,could you post a pick of where you put the left thumb button
yea that light is the cats meow,LOL it just seems like a new radio to me,i always struggled to see that stupid display and for 4 bucks i don't know why in the hell the manufacturer could not have done this, it cost nothing for the light and at the time of building these things it would pop right in ,put the light in youll love it,i used 2 different youtube tutorials to figure out what had to be done and after you watch them you will pop it right in,

thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
VELCRO MOD
Anyone have pics of the mod?
NorCal is offline Find More Posts by NorCal
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
VELCRO MOD
Anyone have pics of the mod?
See link in 2 posts above.
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:07 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,991 Posts
Quote:
that wheel is another issue but i will deal with it later,but thanks thats another great idea,mine has been sticking lately and is being a pita,could you post a pick of where you put the left thumb button
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=930
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Jul 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
See link in 2 posts above.
Link doesn't work.
eagle1960 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1960
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:20 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Sep 2006
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1960 View Post
Link doesn't work.
I tried the link in Firefox, IE and Chrome - works in all three.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22175388
Quasi_Mojo is offline Find More Posts by Quasi_Mojo
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:24 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
372 Posts
Link doesn't work for me either.........
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,321 Posts
Link works for me.
e-gull is offline Find More Posts by e-gull
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb View Post
Link doesn't work for me either.........
You guys need to figure out why you can't see it. It's a good, helpful post with lots of good pics.
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT