Joined Nov 2008
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
Hi Watdazit,

No PM received here yet.
Your post shows today (which is 22 July 2012) at 06:44 PM

It is here now as I type 07:14 PM

My receiver is the original that came with the Radian pro.
It is an AR600 .

Zor
It worked!!!!! Brilliant. The thing I was missing was the connections to the Rx, in particular using Aux 1 as the second aileron channel. Again thanks.
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit
Last edited by Watdazit; Jul 23, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:41 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Mar 2012
165 Posts
OK - thinking of picking one of these up at the weekend. I've can't read through all 667 pages - so if someone could answer a couple of questions it would be appreciated.

1) Did the motor ever get upgraded by ParkZone or do I still need to purchase a new Graupner prop? If so what size and do I need any special adapter to make it fit? I'm in the UK btw.

2) I have a AR6200 receiver which comes with satellite. Is there room for both? I am not keen on having RX too close to ESC (I've heard reports of interference).

Apart from a possible prop change, Initially I'm not planning on making any mods.

thanks

Dave
cirrus_uk is offline Find More Posts by cirrus_uk
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:54 AM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watdazit View Post
It worked!!!!! Brilliant.

The thing I was missing was the connections to the Rx, in particular using Aux 1 as the second aileron channel.

Again thanks.
I am glad that you got things working fine.

There are other ways that also work by using different switches.

This programmng should also work with other radios that can do the same mixes and switch assignments.

Of course it also work for any sailplane that have the same servo setups.

Have fun and enjoy.

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:06 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef stuntpiloot View Post
Wonderfull plane, I brought it on my holiday this year and had some great flights above this holiday destination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e_3N7ubfNg
Nice video and clear FPV setup!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Feb 2011
88 Posts
Home made servo covers.

For the people who just got an RP and want to make their own servo covers, I thought I would show you what I made. Instead of reposting it just look on page 511, post 7656. I hope that helps and let me know what you think.
Flux Cobalt is offline Find More Posts by Flux Cobalt
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:45 AM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Blue inserts by Zor

Hello cirrus

[QUOTE=cirrus_uk;22240674]
OK - thinking of picking one of these up at the weekend.
More than one version is available. Some only need a compatible transmitter like mine which aleady had an AR600 receiver installed. If you supply your own AR6200 you have to find the best way to install it. There is not much space to play around.
I've can't read through all 667 pages Cannot blame you - so if someone could answer a couple of questions it would be appreciated.

1) Did the motor ever get upgraded by ParkZone or do I still need to purchase a new Graupner prop? If so what size and do I need any special adapter to make it fit? I'm in the UK btw.
To my knowledge most install a Graupner on the original motor. It is optional. It gives a higher rate of climb. You can fly with the stock prop and change it later if you decide.

2) I have a AR6200 receiver which comes with satellite. Is there room for both? Room is very restricted. Let us see if anyone has done it and with which receiver and pictures of their installation. I am not keen on having RX too close to ESC (I've heard reports of interference). I have the extended antenna of the AR600 in the cockpit without interfence. That is all I can say.

Apart from a possible prop change, Initially I'm not planning on making any mods.
Any mods are optional. Some more desirable than ohers.
Any recommendations you may read have to consider (guess) how and why the individual decided to modify.
thanks

Dave

I think you will have much enjoyment with this model.

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Last edited by Zor; Jul 23, 2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: formatting and spelling
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:54 AM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirrus_uk View Post
OK - thinking of picking one of these up at the weekend. I've can't read through all 667 pages - so if someone could answer a couple of questions it would be appreciated.

2) I have a AR6200 receiver which comes with satellite. Is there room for both? I am not keen on having RX too close to ESC (I've heard reports of interference).

thanks

Dave
#2... If it's the same size as the AR6000, then yes, it fits, but you have to cut out a small block of foam in the radio room.

Here are photos of mine.....it is a tight fit, but the receiver is in the lower bay and the satellite is under the canopy, stuck onto the right side of the cockpit. The gps logger actually rides velcroed under the canopy, not on top of the esc as in the picture.

JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Last edited by JumpySticks; Jul 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:37 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux Cobalt View Post
Iím with you on this sonny1. However I do catch mine occasionally under certain circumstances but only after I had moved my throttle to my spring loaded switch.
I have only done it a couple of times, and I also have a safety switch. One of these days I'm going to get down to practicing that move, because it would open up more possibilities for places to fly. Check this video out...the guy has his Corsair almost hovering into a stiff wind at about half throttle. Then he reaches up and plucks it out of the air.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=17822

I downloaded your servo cover file when you first posted it, and printed it out. I haven't gotten around to making them yet but it is a good design for sure. I am still using the bumpers (not covers) that I made several months ago.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jul 2004
490 Posts
I Thought I'd post one of my recent FPV flights where I caught a decent thermal with my Radian Pro.
WOOOOOOW!!! First thermal action...climbed 350m. (43 min 30 sec)

Scroll to the three quarter stage of the flight.
Cadders
cadders is offline Find More Posts by cadders
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:02 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
WOW, nice OSD!!

With a peak altitude of 550m!!! And you're peak range of 1583m!! NICE!!

Real nice setup and nice thermal!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:58 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,303 Posts
Great FPV flight! Ohh im so inching to do this! ;0)

Heres 2 POV flights from yesterday evening. flying with another RP

Sooner or later we are going to bump each other ;0)

Pt1
Evening flight Pt 1 (4 min 29 sec)

Pt2
Evening Flight Pt 2 (6 min 6 sec)
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Aug 2006
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadders View Post
I Thought I'd post one of my recent FPV flights where I caught a decent thermal with my Radian Pro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff__K...ature=youtu.be
Scroll to the three quarter stage of the flight.
Cadders
I've taken my FPV radian pro out twice now and have caught a 50m to 670m thermal both times. I do have to give credit in finding the mongo lift to my buddies and their Diamond 2500s. We can work thermals for hours calling them out when we find them.

There is nothing like 420+ fpm thermal action (as indicated by my OSD pro).

Fun stuff!

EDIT: Looking for a cheap DVR setup so I can record the event.
feetball is offline Find More Posts by feetball
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:52 AM
Troy Bowman
United States, UT, Woods Cross
Joined Sep 2011
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadders View Post
<snip>
Cadders
Wow, that's cool! Do you detail your FPV setup anywhere? If so, where?
arcarius is offline Find More Posts by arcarius
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:35 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Sep 2006
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by videorov View Post
I have a Futaba T10 CAP
Ive been looking at the Evolutuion RTF.
I had some difficulties with programming my Futaba 10C for the Radian Pro, but finally figured it out. I posted my configuration earlier in the thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post21792774
Quasi_Mojo is offline Find More Posts by Quasi_Mojo