9,702 Posts
Futaba is foreign to JR users.
I know it is to me.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,070 Posts
I am betting that aeajr is correct on the Futaba. The ESC will not arm because it thinks the throttle is wide open. Reverse Ch 3 and you should be ready to launch.

BTW, throttle trim has nothing to do with your problem. Leave it at neutral.
kaptondave is online now Find More Posts by kaptondave
Last edited by kaptondave; May 28, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:47 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
9,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post
I am betting that aeajr is correct on the Futaba. The ESC will not arm because it thinks the throttle is wide open. Reverse Ch 3 and you should be ready to launch.

Oh yeah ...Ed knows Futaba.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old May 28, 2012, 10:26 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Sep 2006
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post

I previously mentioned that I have already tried reversing Channel 3, to no avail. I have also tried ACRO mode, and got no loving from Channel 3, there, either. I have tried putting the motor on other Channels/switches and still got no response.

The manual shows that Channel 3 should work for the motor (see attachment).

I've got everything boxed up and will be dropping it off at LHS after work for them to look at and will post their findings.
Quasi_Mojo is offline Find More Posts by Quasi_Mojo
Old May 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Radio.Active is offline Find More Posts by Radio.Active
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old May 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2012
19 Posts
Wing from HH

Has anyone heard when the radian pro wing is supposed to be in stock? I've had a replacement wing on back order for a month now and haven't heard a thing about when its due out. An email i received from HH said "On back order till second week of may." Is this the norm for HH parts?
jro0662 is offline Find More Posts by jro0662
Old May 28, 2012, 01:48 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Planning a sunrise flight here tomorrow if the winds stay as forecasted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfrdSc0WerA
That would be absolutely awesome! The video was beautiful, with big waves and icebergs and the total blue everywhere. As I was watching it, I thought how exciting it would be to have a Radian Pro quietly eating up the scenery as it floated over the icebergs. What about those cliffs? Could you get some slope soaring happening? I wish I was there...
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old May 28, 2012, 01:58 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,007 Posts
Thanks, yea it is quite the spot. I was out there this AM at 5am, Got some nice footage of the sunrise, even had a Whale offshore. Heard him blowing, but only got a few glimpses of him

It was a bit cool just over freezing, and time the sun got up it was starting to become overcast and i lost interest in a flight.

Yes with the right, winds you can slope there for sure. I was watching gulls ride the slope while i was there and was sooooo temped!

I've been wanting to fly there for along time and it well happen ;0)
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; May 28, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
I previously mentioned that I have already tried reversing Channel 3, to no avail. I have also tried ACRO mode, and got no loving from Channel 3, there, either. I have tried putting the motor on other Channels/switches and still got no response.

The manual shows that Channel 3 should work for the motor (see attachment).

I've got everything boxed up and will be dropping it off at LHS after work for them to look at and will post their findings.
Yeah, i thought I had read that you tried reversing. Sorry I couldn't help. Hope the LHS figures it out for you.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old May 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
Flies Like Rock
Monument, Colo.
Joined Jan 2005
364 Posts
now my ailerons are knobby!

Had some warped ailerons on my new Radian Pro, so I gently steamed the warped areas and held them until they cooled. Warps are gone, but the steamed areas of the ailerons and adjacent wing have little raised bumps. Is this much of a problem on a foam model like this? Is there any way to remove them?

Are any of you still flying wings with bumpy areas, or should I discard these and get new ones?

I thought I was pretty gentle with the heating, but I guess not.

Tony
tony w is offline Find More Posts by tony w
Old May 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,007 Posts
Some Pictures would be great! If it was to hot/close to the heat of the burner it well cause the foam to look more like snake scales?

maybe a good idea would be get the water boiling and remove form heat all together and let the steam warm the foam!

Also just laying the wing in the sun for 30mins would Prob do the trick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TF to DOSD wiring.
Old May 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
Flies Like Rock
Monument, Colo.
Joined Jan 2005
364 Posts
The areas I heated up look just like bumpy snake scales. I held it about 6 inches above a small pan of gently boiling water. I guess that was too much. Question is- should I get new wings?

Tony
tony w is offline Find More Posts by tony w
Old May 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony w View Post
The areas I heated up look just like bumpy snake scales. I held it about 6 inches above a small pan of gently boiling water. I guess that was too much. Question is- should I get new wings?

Tony
Yea that would do it, At least 2ft away. Even when i did my freinds IconA5 at that distance i noticed it starting to. Thats why i think more then 2ft or the other optionof removering the water from the hot buner all together! Its not the heat form the steam that's doing it, its the heat rising around the pot form the burner.
I would imagine if the pot of steaming water was off the burner, you could get it close like 6'' with out worries.

As for replacing the wing, na!! Well you see the white snake skin effect from 500ft? I think not...

If it bothers you that much, i guess a new set would do! You could always get some colored packing tape and cover the outer 1/3 of the wing tips and make her more visible at Altitude
Its a win win situation.

Plus it may be hard to find a set of wings in stock?
Me personally i would not.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TF to DOSD wiring.
Old May 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,284 Posts
I agree with eastcoast, try the sun first.

New wings are fairly cheap, but apparently on backorder. Guess lots of folks getting this plane.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old May 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2011
530 Posts
Radio.Active is offline Find More Posts by Radio.Active
Last edited by Radio.Active; Jun 13, 2013 at 09:59 AM.