HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Sep 2010
544 Posts
Gusty slope flying

Just returned from a couple of hours on a small slope in gusty winds. Great fun. At first, it seemed too windy to launch, yet when I did it would have been even better with a few miles an hour faster wind. Lots of churn and random down-drafts to play in. Used the motor a dozen times in very short bursts to recover from lulls and extra strong down drafts.

Several hawks came by to share the slope. They fly so well.
LizardMan is offline Find More Posts by LizardMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Sep 2010
128 Posts
DX8 Help Please....

Hi everyone, Im setting up my Radian Pro, I downloaded the Radian Pro spm file from Spektrum's site, but it seems to be missing alot of the mixes it talks about...
I have to admit I am a total rookie at programming the DX8.. I have an AR7000 receiver and have everything plugged in as it should...

Even when I downloaded the model I had to go into the wing type and select 2 ail/2flap myself.. it just seems like a lot is missing?? The only thing that really works from the file is Crow with flap down and activating the gear switch.. everything else seems almost non existant??

Is this the way it is??? Would anyone be kind enough to try and send me there spm file for the Radian pro if I am missing something here??

Thanks!
ChrisCYWG is offline Find More Posts by ChrisCYWG
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:37 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCYWG View Post
Hi everyone, Im setting up my Radian Pro, I downloaded the Radian Pro spm file from Spektrum's site, but it seems to be missing alot of the mixes it talks about...
I have to admit I am a total rookie at programming the DX8.. I have an AR7000 receiver and have everything plugged in as it should...

Even when I downloaded the model I had to go into the wing type and select 2 ail/2flap myself.. it just seems like a lot is missing?? The only thing that really works from the file is Crow with flap down and activating the gear switch.. everything else seems almost non existant??

Is this the way it is??? Would anyone be kind enough to try and send me there spm file for the Radian pro if I am missing something here??

Thanks!
Went from a DX6i to the DX8. I had a minor problem but that was my fault, operator error. After I bound the RP to the DX8 everything worked fine. I downloaded the RP file here:

I downloaded my first SPM file off the Spektrum site but then went to the Horizon Hobby site which is the link I attached for you. Give that a shot and hopefully that'll work? Everything works for me now and I added another way to deploy the flaps on the AUX3 knob and I can deploy Crow with a flick of a switch along with the AUX3.
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCYWG View Post
Would anyone be kind enough to try and send me there spm file for the Radian pro if I am missing something here??

Thanks!
Hi, I also downloaded it from the Spektrum site and all worked as advertised. As you have probably gathered there are better ways of doing it though. I'm trying to get there too!

Here is my copy of the Spektrum file:
744drv is offline Find More Posts by 744drv
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:24 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchitagain View Post
@ Jumpy..
Awesome, thanks for the link. I use a Garmin sports watch when I run or cycle, and after reading the specs, found this can import .gpx files and integrates nicely. I just need to find a safe place to put the watch on the RP.. I will be doing a 50 miler today on the bicycle and will take the #11 and of course the Garmin with me to record the ride.. Then the testing begins... MUhahahaha
Dashware has some good gauges for cycling too.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,947 Posts
Landing in snow

Here goes with my first video upload ever. It is short and to the point. -12C and 6" of fresh powder. Also my first attempt to fly and operate the camera at the same time.

Radian Pro Landing In Deep Snow (0 min 33 sec)
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:46 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Wow Jovanx, now I see why you painted the wings. Very scenic, but I see where you would need something bright to stand out against all that white background. Good first effort with the video, you seemed to have it aimed just right; congrats!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:04 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,693 Posts
Nice first vid Jovanx! Good call with your color scheme! What camera did you use? Did you use a head mount or did you velcro it to your hat? I guess where you're at it would be a beenie!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Guys, I'm trying a new motor and the darn thing is running in reverse. It's hooked up properly, just wants to run in reverse. Is this a esc setting or something. I'm guessing reversing the throttle is not the solution.
Any clues?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2010
412 Posts
EZCanuck is offline Find More Posts by EZCanuck
Last edited by EZCanuck; Jun 12, 2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2010
412 Posts
Last edited by EZCanuck; Jun 12, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:57 PM
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZCanuck View Post
Reverse any 2 or the 3 wires to the BL motor
OK, I switched the Black and Red leads to the motor and it works now. Not sure why the leads from the motor are the wrong color. Maybe it's supposed to be a pusher or something.
Thanks EZ!
Last edited by JumpySticks; Jan 22, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2010
412 Posts
Last edited by EZCanuck; Jun 12, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:14 PM
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Here goes with my first video upload ever. It is short and to the point. -12C and 6" of fresh powder. Also my first attempt to fly and operate the camera at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPPYwHFfKuc
Very good video. I'm surprised that the camera even works in that cold!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:26 PM
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
More proof that the RP needs servo protectors.

This kid stalls on his first maiden attempt and strips/skips the right aileron servo. I don't think he's even aware of it though.

Apparently just trims it out and goes on with another flight. Surely the aileron diff is not right though.
RC day radian pro (7 min 1 sec)
!