HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
Hello Snowthorn,

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year to you.

Many have not had any problems witht the way the rudder and elevators are hinged.

If you noticed the flaps and ailerons are hinged with tape.

If it makes you feel more confident you can apply hinge tape to the rudder and elevators as well.

Make sure the tape follows a cross section coutour that it goes to the center of the thickness of these surfaces.

I would apply the tape on one side only. I just do not see any need for both sides of the rudder or top and bottom of the stab/elev.

Zor

Hello Zor,

Thank you for your reply. That makes perfect sense and makes me feel more secured. Well, I have certainly picked up quite a bit of information from everyone's input so I guess it's off to setting up the plane, adjusting the CG per recommendations, working a bit on the pushrods, and setting up my radio. I wish I could use my old 72mhz Hitec Eclipse 7 on this plane as I would love to use the knob settings for the flaps...this way I could adjust precisely the flap angle I would want. Anyways, thank you for your response and Happy New Year 2012 to everyone...
Snowthorn is offline Find More Posts by Snowthorn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:40 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2010
412 Posts
EZCanuck is offline Find More Posts by EZCanuck
Last edited by EZCanuck; Jun 12, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:54 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZCanuck View Post
Been there and don't that more times than I like on both the RAD and RP. Eventually it is just nice to get a new fuse for $30. See this post on the other RAD forum about the replacement fuselage and a heads-up on the cowling adhesive.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10530
Thanks, Yea i think if i get her in deep again, there well be a new fuseage! LOL man ive had quite the day battling a Idiot on Youtube posting slanderous comments on my Videos... calling me racist cause i said his F'in 68oz "yes that is not a typo 68oz" is a lead feather!! lol
This guy needs a life!!

F in idiot...i hate trolls who think they know it all and anything they do is better then anything else or what not! Like come on a glider with that much mods to make it 2X its out of the box AUW...gezzz i wish i had what he is smoking...

And to boot, i blocked him, then he gets some idiot who from the looks of his channel does nothing...no vids, no friends etc...yea he get this other person to come on my channel and post crap how his RP is great when hes flying it in 40knot winds...OK i work outside at a airport on a island in the middle of the north Atlantic all year in all kinds of WX..I know what 70km/h winds are like... he has a vid where he says its 40knots. LOL this guy really is smoking something.
Id say 15knots at the most!! and thats giving him the benefit of the doubt!!
He was on this thread made one post under a different name then his Youtube name. tested the waters...talked about his mods discretely. i think he made 1-2 post and never to be seen again...68 OZ

3 words... Bungy Cord Wings...
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jan 05, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 01:36 AM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
It would be interesting to learn about his thinking method that links lead feather to racist.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:00 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
It would be interesting to learn about his thinking method that links lead feather to racist.
Just what I was thinking!!
744drv is offline Find More Posts by 744drv
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:22 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowthorn View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a new Radian Pro and I'm not to crazy about the foam hinges. I used to fly an Ellipsoid which had the hinges attached via "hinge" tape. Does anyone know if this will work as well with the Radian Pro?
Hinges haven't been a problem but they can break down eventually. If a crack develops you can use a pin to smear in some Goop to reconnect the hinge. Goop itself makes a pretty good hinge.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 05, 2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:20 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Thanks, Yea i think if i get her in deep again, there well be a new fuseage! LOL man ive had quite the day battling a Idiot on Youtube posting slanderous comments on my Videos... calling me racist cause i said his F'in 68oz "yes that is not a typo 68oz" is a lead feather!! lol
This guy needs a life!!

F in idiot...i hate trolls who think they know it all and anything they do is better then anything else or what not! Like come on a glider with that much mods to make it 2X its out of the box AUW...gezzz i wish i had what he is smoking...

And to boot, i blocked him, then he gets some idiot who from the looks of his channel does nothing...no vids, no friends etc...yea he get this other person to come on my channel and post crap how his RP is great when hes flying it in 40knot winds...OK i work outside at a airport on a island in the middle of the north Atlantic all year in all kinds of WX..I know what 70km/h winds are like... he has a vid where he says its 40knots. LOL this guy really is smoking something.
He was on this thread made one post under a different name then his Youtube name. tested the waters...talked about his mods discretely. i think he made 1-2 post and never to be seen again...68 OZ

What a drag Eastcoast. Seems like there ALWAYS has to be that one person who wants to ruin it for everybody & make negative commetns instead of not saying anything at all!?! Like I say, no drama, & when I grow up I wanna fly like you, Jumpy, Sonny & Aeajr (well, minus the unfortunate past two landings you had !!!)
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Last edited by rcoconut; Jan 05, 2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Username correction
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:54 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
Yea beats me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
What a drag Eastcoast. Seems like there ALWAYS has to be that one person who wants to ruin it for everybody & make negative commetns instead of not saying anything at all!?! Like I say, no drama, & when I grow up I wanna fly like you, Jumpy, Sonny & Aeajr (well, minus the unfortunate past two landings you had !!!)

LOL when oyu grow up? id say you are doing jsut fine there Mr Coconut!! All oyu need to do is get a camera on yours and get us some footage!!

GpPro960's are now only jsut over 120 bones. They are a bit bulky, but the footage it takes is quite hard to beat!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:01 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Not sure if i posted this video, from 2 weeks ago! A friend of mine form the club got his RP fixed up from the Prop throwing incident! He bought a set of Blased from HK, run her up inside and broke the prop assembly. I can only think it was so un balanced.
So he got that fixed up and took her out for a flight. It was cool flying with another RP.

There were a few times, i thought i was super close to him..from the ground it looked very close. But after watching the replay i was quite far!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...PvfGG1zpU&NR=1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:07 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
<--Double Post!!----<<<<
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jan 05, 2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Doublepost!
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:02 AM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
My First video from my RP

Please excuse the camera date, had issues with my camera and card. I am useing a key chain 808 version 3. This video was shot Jan 3 2012.
3 Jan 2012 My First FPV on my Radian Pro (14 min 8 sec)
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Jan 05, 2012, 11:18 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Please excuse the camera date, had issues with my camera and card. I am useing a key chain 808 version 3. This video was shot Jan 3 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE1kZk7lUao

It looks as if shes purposing a bit, try giving 3-4 clicks of down elev trim...
I Like sliding the battery forward a touch, and trimming up just before the point of stalling.. which causes the slow proposing effect! It also helps get the most out of your glide!
Or is that your stick movements? if so i retract the above lol

Great video!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Jan 05, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:15 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
This guy needs a life!!

Not him again! Yeah, I'd block him too. It was funny at first, but gets old after a while.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:07 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE1kZk7lUao
Nice first vid!! Your first shoot was the cam directly on the canopy? 'cause you can't see the canopy in the first footage. The remaining footage you can see the canopy. What a cool open field you fly at! Perfect for a long final approach!!! Looks nice out there! Good sound track! 14mins of vid, how long was your flight? Did you use more than one batt?
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Jan 2010
3,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowthorn View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a new Radian Pro and I'm not to crazy about the foam hinges. I used to fly an Ellipsoid which had the hinges attached via "hinge" tape. Does anyone know if this will work as well with the Radian Pro?
Tape will work. This vendor has good quality hinge tape as well as other hard to find types including gap tape and some real nice reflective tape.

http://www.hilaunch.com/

I have replaced the rudder hinges on my Radian with CA hinges, which I like better than tape if the material is thick enough, but I use epoxy instead of CA because i am too cheap to buy the expensive foam-safe CA.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave