HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:10 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy101 View Post
I just posted up my latest flight in the Big Sky competition thread.
2 hours, 3 minutes and 54 seconds on zero motor run.
WHOA!!! I am NOT worthy!! Here I am all excited during flight number 6!! Trying to be like Jumpey & Aeajar... did a 45sec throttle run and 30mins of flight time. I did cheat and spotted a hawk that was soaring. So I cruised with him for a few mins which helped me stay aloft. And just my luck with 3 808 spy cameras recording, not one glimpse of him in any of the recorded video! But 2hrs....... WOW, nice!!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:12 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low&Slow View Post
I have been following this thread from the beginning and have learned many things from you all. Thank's much. I have had my Pro since January but have left it in the box till now as we have not had any weather here to fly in. I have a long list of things to check out on the Pro from reading here. I finally opened the box the other day and found no warped control surfaces, no tape on my rudder (I will tape it) control rods to rudder and elevator are stiff (golden rods) the prop needs replaced ( new one on the way) not played with CG as yet, making protectors for control rods on wing, will color bottom of wing a dark color for visibility. The other thing I want to do is put silver tape on leading edge of wing, can't find any locally can some one tell me where to get this tape? I did several searches which did not produce a link to a seller.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Phil
Monocote trim tape is here. Use the chrome, it's mirror shiny!
You can plug in your zip code here and find your nearest dealer, or where to order some.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:25 PM
cuz real planes cost too much
USA, CO, Frederick
Joined Jan 2011
824 Posts
Quote:
...As for the lift. Blimey, I certainly wasn't losing altitude when flying inverted. I had to perform some ugly moves to lose any height whatsoever yesterday the lift was so good.
Well, I am just travelling home with a mahooosive box containing the new Blaster 2 so the RP will no doubt be enjoying some well earned stable rest for a few days... See you all soon!
<sticking my fingers in my ears> BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH ........
pretendpilot is offline Find More Posts by pretendpilot
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:30 PM
Foam does it all
United States, OH, Mahoning
Joined Nov 2002
215 Posts
Thank you!!!!!!

A BIG thank you guys for the information on the tape for the leading edge of the Pro. I have never failed to get the info I need from the guys and gals on this thread.
Thanks again,
Phil
Low&Slow is offline Find More Posts by Low&Slow
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,441 Posts
I think it was Jumpy who said that he puts in a few clicks of down elevator before he launches to keep it from ballooning - if not, sorry. My question, is that the best way or should I try to mix in some down with the throttle? What would be the down side to that type of mix?
ecase is online now Find More Posts by ecase
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:08 PM
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Chrome Trim Sheets
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:24 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecase View Post
I think it was Jumpy who said that he puts in a few clicks of down elevator before he launches to keep it from ballooning - if not, sorry. My question, is that the best way or should I try to mix in some down with the throttle? What would be the down side to that type of mix?
I mix elevator to throttle and it works well. There might be a down side but can't think of any since I can go back to normal with just a flick of a switch.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:38 PM
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
I mix elevator to throttle and it works well. There might be a down side but can't think of any since I can go back to normal with just a flick of a switch.
I am using a DX7, any chance you are too? If so, which switch do you use?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
I am using a DX7, any chance you are too? If so, which switch do you use?
Yep, DX7. I use the right hand top switch. I think it is labeled rudder/DR mix.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 09:43 AM
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
Yep, DX7. I use the right hand top switch. I think it is labeled rudder/DR mix.
Any chance you could post the step-by-step method? I can't seem to make it work.
Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:26 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Any chance you could post the step-by-step method? I can't seem to make it work.
Thanks
I'll give it a try.

Turn on TX
Push scroll and access at same time
Go to PROG.MIX1
Push INCREASE untill ELEV-THRO is showing
Make sure it says ON
Put the arrow on ELEV and go to RATE
try 20 % to start
Select MIX switch and give it a offset of 20

After that you need to go to the window that shows all the functions, throttle, elevator, rudder, ect. and take your prop off or disconnect the motor and mess with percentages and offsets.

Look up the TX manual online and do some reading. that is how I figured it out. I know my explanation is a bit lacking so hope others will chime in as this is the first time I have tried messing with MIX, but it seems to work well with me. I had to change RATE and OFFSET a few times at the field till I got what worked for me. Again, look up the manual as my explaination is very basic.

Good Luck, Jim
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:40 PM
Build, Fly, Crash then Repeat
United States, VA, Yorktown
Joined Oct 2005
533 Posts
Wow a 2 hour flight that is amazing, the best i have got is 15 minutes
flydrive rc is offline Find More Posts by flydrive rc
Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:43 AM
No risk, no fun
Switzerland, VD, Chéserex
Joined Jan 2011
242 Posts
I seem to remember someone someone said they were unable to buy the wing brace tube thingy as a seperate item.
I just got todays Google alert for the RP and it had this link in it: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ5405

Might help someone...
Siggy101 is offline Find More Posts by Siggy101
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:18 PM
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
I seem to remember someone someone said they were unable to buy the wing brace tube thingy as a seperate item.
I just got todays Google alert for the RP and it had this link in it: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ5405

Might help someone...
Siggy,
That's the tube, not the mounting brace.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:43 PM
Jefferson City, MO, USA
Joined Sep 2010
107 Posts
Reflective Tape

I just flew my Radian Pro this morning for the first time after attaching reflective tape to the wing leading edges. It really helps with orientation at long distances. In thermal turns, it looks like flash bulbs going off on one wing, then the other, as the sailplane rotates. In the attached picture you can see that I used two different styles of tape, one with a random dot pattern and the other a diamond pattern. At a distance, I couldn't tell the difference, they both reflect extremely well.

Bill in MO
billgerth is offline Find More Posts by billgerth