Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:43 AM
No risk, no fun
Switzerland, VD, Chéserex
Joined Jan 2011
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Im sure someone well find it for yea..

yea the search option is up top right ,in-under the page count...
Thanks EC, I knew I had used it before! I'll have another search using that and see if anyone else beats me to it.
Siggy101 is offline Find More Posts by Siggy101
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:47 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,300 Posts
pretendpilot said that he had it back on that post,i just skim read 8-10 pages with nothing else mentioned about it. i also tried the search but that may take abit more reading...

PM him!! he may have it to share.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:48 AM
No risk, no fun
Joined Jan 2011
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretendpilot View Post
so i reprogrammed my radio this weekend. i likey.
with the stock bnf (ar600) and the dx7,
i now have camber/reflex, flaps, crow all on the throttle stick. motor on the gear switch. aileron->rudder mix, and full wing snap-flaps.
the snap flaps really do work well (i was skeptical).
the analog control (throttle stick) of the surfaces for all 3 modes is nice. also, i can now get the flaps down about 80degrees. the plane just slowly floats like this. and crow gets more throw, too, so i can get the plane down pretty fast, but i can vary the throws to get more control when the landing is coming up.
Yay, I found it. Well, almost.
It was my old matey PretendPilot but it seems that we all got tied up in the stab stall business and I don't think that the aforementioned configuration got posted. What do you say we all buy him a beer if he can scribble it all down.
The description here sounds exactly what I am after so I'd be hugely grateful.....
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:51 AM
No risk, no fun
Joined Jan 2011
242 Posts
You beat me to it EC, we found it at the same time but I'm trying to type on a bloomin iPad. Silly think keeps trying to correct my spelling!

It just so happens that PP was following my DLG thread too as he has gone that direction too so I will drop him a PM and see if he's feeling charitable.
Thanks for your help on the searching bud.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:51 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,300 Posts
we must of been writing a reply at the same time... lmao!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:52 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,300 Posts
No Prob!! its 5am here and im bored lmao..gone too Bed!!!!!

Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:58 AM
No risk, no fun
Joined Jan 2011
242 Posts
Blimey, rcgroups in bed. Who on earth would do that then (typed by the man having a huge lie in with rcgroups!!!).
Old Apr 17, 2011, 03:52 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I can see why some CG are out of Wack .man thats alot of glue there. ANy your servos are not aligned the same as mine... I guess thats why some have the issue of Arms banging each other.
The glue weighs in at next to nothing. Obviously the correct CoG can still be obtained, even with that small amount of extra glue added. Also, the control rods don't conflict with each other. That was one of the first things I checked.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Apr 17, 2011, 12:45 PM
United States, CA, Menlo Park
Joined Jul 2010
13 Posts
Hello, I just received a radian pro with dx6i as a gift. Since I haven't flown a rudder/aileron plane before, I was hoping to mix these controls initially while I get back into the swing of things. I've figured out how to do this in the dx6i menu but I was hoping someone could give me advice as to what ballpark percentages would be a good starting set up.
trailmaker is offline Find More Posts by trailmaker
Old Apr 17, 2011, 12:57 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmaker View Post
Hello, I just received a radian pro with dx6i as a gift. Since I haven't flown a rudder/aileron plane before, I was hoping to mix these controls initially while I get back into the swing of things. I've figured out how to do this in the dx6i menu but I was hoping someone could give me advice as to what ballpark percentages would be a good starting set up.
35% is working for me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
Joined Jul 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
35% is working for me.
Thanks for the info. I'm new to this so just to clarify that means rudder moves 35% relative to ailerons.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:22 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
NICE gift!! This helped me out as far as some of the setup with my DX6i, it's from the HobbyZone website under "Recommended Setups":

BUT as far as setting up the CROW configuration this YouTube video is how I set up my DX6i. You'll see he's talking about a P-51 but the set up is EXACTLY the same for our Radian Pro:

Hope this helps and have a great maiden flight, look forward to reading about it later!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:26 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,919 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm new to this so just to clarify that means rudder moves 35% relative to ailerons.
You got it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined Jul 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
NICE gift!! This helped me out as far as some of the setup with my DX6i, it's from the HobbyZone website under "Recommended Setups":

BUT as far as setting up the CROW configuration this YouTube video is how I set up my DX6i. You'll see he's talking about a P-51 but the set up is EXACTLY the same for our Radian Pro:

Hope this helps and have a great maiden flight, look forward to reading about it later!

Thanks for that info. Now I've got it set up to do CROW or normal Flaps, and 35% rudder mixing. These new fangled radios are very cool.