SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:31 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2010
237 Posts
Mine wants to loop on climb out, but goes up at 45-60 degree climb angle depending on how quickly I get back on the down elevator. I'm thinking of experimenting with some down thrust, but it's not too big of a concern.

I have a bunch of Monokote trim that is going on as soon as I get a few other 'season opener' tasks done, so my #1 and #3 complaint won't be valid much longer. Gotta wait for the rest of the snow to melt, and then wait for it to soak into the ground before I do much more flying. Sigh....

Quick survey, anyone else flying an RP with a Tracker III? I figured out how to get flap following aileron, flap only reflex and 'thermal' settings, two position flap and crow if anyone is interested. Anyone, anyone??? (crickets).
Jimmitude is offline Find More Posts by Jimmitude
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:35 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
It takes me 45 seconds to get to about 600 feet.

EDIT: Checked GPS files. On fresh Batteries this weekend I got 520 feet of climb in 40 seconds, with an average slope of climb of 39 percent (two fresh battery flights averaged).
I don't have a GPS logger!! but i think im getting way more then 600ft ,i tried it other day,i leveled off well before the timer. But as for Stock,my Prop/battery's are bigger.

This weekend is looking great weather wise, Now i have too convince the GF you try out the New Camcorder.

I know what well work!!! Shopping...lol
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:50 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I don't have a GPS logger!! but i think im getting way more then 600ft ,i tried it other day,i leveled off well before the timer. But as for Stock,my Prop/battery's are bigger.

This weekend is looking great weather wise, Now i have too convince the GF you try out the New Camcorder.

I know what well work!!! Shopping...lol
Haha....we almost bought a new camcorder this weekend.

We picked one out and when they checked stock there was none in inventory and the camera is discontinued for a "better" model costing $50.00 more. The inventory did not even show the display cameras as stock. Expressed our frustration to the clerk over them displaying a camera they could not sell. When we asked them to sell us the display model, they went to the back to look for the box/paperwork but never returned. Maybe someone was planning to take the display model out the back door, who knows?

Anyway, we took it as a sign that it was not a good day for shopping.

Hoping to get the wife to shoot some video when we do get a new camcorder, but she's not supporting my addiction at the moment. Not objecting, just not supporting. The men in white suits are still lurking.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Apr 06, 2011, 12:32 AM
Portland, OR
Joined Nov 2009
526 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Don.
Is that like rehab for the thermal addicted?
My wife is still hinting about an intervention.

Kidding aside, what is the Sportsmans Soaring Program?
Here you go. I am working on the Copper level.

Don
donsinger1 is offline Find More Posts by donsinger1
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:13 AM
Be an organ donor
Little Rock, AR. U.S.A via U.K
Joined May 2004
1,157 Posts
Am I missing something with my setup? I'm using a 72mhz Futaba 9c super with a Hitec 7ch. The sec pleeps a tune with three peeps at the end, but I have no movement of the controls or motor. I'm quiting for tonight. Thanks for any advice, and thank you for all the other info you've passed along.
kwmtrubrit is offline Find More Posts by kwmtrubrit
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:15 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Haha....we almost bought a new camcorder this weekend.

We picked one out and when they checked stock there was none in inventory and the camera is discontinued for a "better" model costing $50.00 more. The inventory did not even show the display cameras as stock. Expressed our frustration to the clerk over them displaying a camera they could not sell. When we asked them to sell us the display model, they went to the back to look for the box/paperwork but never returned. Maybe someone was planning to take the display model out the back door, who knows?

Anyway, we took it as a sign that it was not a good day for shopping.

Hoping to get the wife to shoot some video when we do get a new camcorder, but she's not supporting my addiction at the moment. Not objecting, just not supporting. The men in white suits are still lurking.
yea that sucks,I called my Local Sony Store and asked if they had the SX-63
He checked their inventory and said nope!! we never did carry that model. Which i though was odd,seeing its got 16g internal memory and all. So i ordered directly from Sony. lol I'm loving it so far. So hoping to get a few flights in this weekend for-sure.
"The men in white suits are still lurking"? That's over my head? lol
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Apr 06, 2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:21 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmtrubrit View Post
Am I missing something with my setup? I'm using a 72mhz Futaba 9c super with a Hitec 7ch. The sec pleeps a tune with three peeps at the end, but I have no movement of the controls or motor. I'm quiting for tonight. Thanks for any advice, and thank you for all the other info you've passed along.
You should have 1 tone after the 3 beeps.

Like this
Beep...beep.beep.beep...Beep

Then your motor well be active.

Hows your Throttle trim and throws? If they are not all at Zero, you ESC well not engage!! For the sake of your fingers or anything that may be cut with the Prop.:eek
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:26 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmtrubrit View Post
Try to reverse the thr channel in your tx
HF_ATL is online now Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:34 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL View Post
Try to reverse the thr channel in your tx
That won't help! It'll give you FULL throttle with the stick/switch down. If the prop blows forward just change one of the leads to the motor.
I suspect you have something set up wrong in your tx: Check the throttle channel!
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Apr 06, 2011, 08:43 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
That won't help! It'll give you FULL throttle with the stick/switch down. If the prop blows forward just change one of the leads to the motor.
I suspect you have something set up wrong in your tx: Check the throttle channel!
That was the issue I had at the beginning and that solved the problem.

Make sure your throttle trim is centered.
Set your throttle end points to +/-100%
and if that alone doesn't solve your problems, recalibrate the throttle in your ESC
HF_ATL is online now Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Apr 06, 2011, 12:06 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
yea that sucks,I called my Local Sony Store and asked if they had the SX-63
He checked their inventory and said nope!! we never did carry that model. Which i though was odd,seeing its got 16g internal memory and all. So i ordered directly from Sony. lol I'm loving it so far. So hoping to get a few flights in this weekend for-sure.
"The men in white suits are still lurking"? That's over my head? lol
I think that's the very camera I was looking at, the SX 63.

"The men in white suits" is an old expression for the guys wearing white medical robes, carrying a straightjacket, coming to take you away to the looney bin.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Apr 06, 2011, 12:40 PM
Be an organ donor
Little Rock, AR. U.S.A via U.K
Joined May 2004
1,157 Posts
Would the throttle being incorrectly centred/calibrated screw up everything else? My winch is looking like the only way to go.
kwmtrubrit is offline Find More Posts by kwmtrubrit
Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:19 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
My motor won't fire up unless the throttle is at idle upon plug in.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:09 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,735 Posts
Nice flying & video Eastcoaster! Too bad no GPS logger, sure would've liked to know how high you were 'cause you were waaaaaaay up there!!

Have to wait 'til I get home to watch your .kmz files Jumpy (on the road with the company computer) And how did you know about "geoid correction"?!?! Thank you again for the help as your -40 meters setting works for me!

Of course I left my .kmz files at home as well. But after being convinced by Jumpy to post my flights here you go:

Bear with me as this is my second video/editing as I'm a rookie to the RP as well as Windows Movie Maker.

Looking forward to reading more about your flights/experiences.

Here's my maiden flight:

p.s.- Stock prop & batt. Using the Canmore GPS Data Logger & first flight with that was Sunday. Worked GREAT thanks to Jumpy for all his help with configuration and data retrieval. Max speed 30mph and Max altitude just under 500ft but I did catch my 1st thermal!!! I'm dissappointed with the FlyCamone2 camera and liking the cheaper 808 Key Chain Spy Cameras from eBay. I have one version #7, two version #3 spy cams and one version #11 HD spy cam which arrived last week. Looks like the FlyCamone2 will start collecting dust. Happy Flying!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:17 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raften View Post
My motor won't fire up unless the throttle is at idle upon plug in.
Good! That means your ESC safety features are working.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr