Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:01 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
my one question, it looked to me like the motor was all metal (no crap plastic base). Is the motor all metal?
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:08 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalspark View Post
my one question, it looked to me like the motor was all metal (no crap plastic base). Is the motor all metal?
it certainly looks like it it's a different outer case thats for sure

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:24 PM
USA, PA, Lewisberry
Joined May 2008
76 Posts
9503?

How about a 9503 set up?
Chuck Yeager is offline Find More Posts by Chuck Yeager
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,392 Posts
saw this in the other thread but i'm finished there so heres my answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
I just saw the "unboxing" and first flight by ChuckTSeeker,

the PRO looks underpowered and way too slow....?
again, thats my opinion....seems like its not resistant to the
little wind also.....
err the wind was about 15-18kph and gusted up every now and again i thought the Pro sat rock steady in it

when i launched i was only using half throttle like i do with the Radian, i rarely use full throttle, but i got fooled from flying the Radian so much and when i applied rudder to correct the torque and how the wind had grabbed it, i was flying with the wind, all "My" fault i then used the ailerons like you should and turned and headed straight up into the wind, my camera girl had lost it when i lost it and only found it again when i was high up and in front of us again

from when she gets it in shot again till it landed i did not use the motor and as i only had the one flight because the sun had set i can't really comment on the power of the motor as i never got to try it fully

cheers chuck
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:58 PM
Thermal Chaser
Joined Nov 2010
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-V Flyer View Post
Ah, what irony. I bought my Radian RTF on Saturday and maidened it Sunday. And last night I discover the Radian Pro thread.

Hah.
Two very different frames. You will love the original.
Homesick_Angel is offline Find More Posts by Homesick_Angel
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:19 PM
York, England
Joined Jan 2010
455 Posts
I like Chuck's comment during the maiden flight "it flies like an aileron plane", it IS an aileron plane Chuck Only kidding mate, thanks for uploading the vid anyway. The original Rad was my first rc plane (alright glider), and she helped me learn a lot, and still gets flown quite a bit, but I'm undecided if I should get the Pro because I also do quite a bit of slope flying. I haven't progressed to moulded gliders yet (too expensive) but I usually fly my Rad on a slope with a 2200 battery (no prop) to add weight for penetration, and she flies pretty well in a moderate blow. Is there room in the Pro for a 2200mah battery, as I quite fancy a full house glider, and the Pro might be ideal as an introduction (in a moderate blow) without forking out serious bucks, or 's in my case, and good for flat field flying too? I'm aware it'll change the CofG, but most of my birds are slightly nose heavy anyway.
SmartMartY is offline Find More Posts by SmartMartY
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:46 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
subscribed
F-86FLIER4LIFE is offline Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Nov 18, 2010, 04:48 AM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,618 Posts
well done Chuck for going to so much trouble to get the video out quickly ..... I know where to find the instructions too .....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:27 AM
I ain't afraid of no highs
Spain
Joined Jun 2008
459 Posts
great first "non oficial" video of the radian. It's a pity it was getting dark. I hope you can post another video soon, it will be cool if you could fly the radian rtf and the pro and comment the differences.
pilottube is offline Find More Posts by pilottube
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:35 PM
Build, Fly, Crash then Repeat
United States, VA, Yorktown
Joined Oct 2005
533 Posts
Went to LHS to pick up my ordered Radian Pro that the store called and told me it was in today, I get there and they told me the accidentally sold it
flydrive rc is offline Find More Posts by flydrive rc
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:36 PM
Mis-guided heli guy
Austin, TX USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,470 Posts
oh helll no! somebody needs an ass kickin
Jeff_edge540 is offline Find More Posts by Jeff_edge540
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:38 PM
Build, Fly, Crash then Repeat
United States, VA, Yorktown
Joined Oct 2005
533 Posts
I know, I am pissed because I was so looking forward to calling out of work tomorrow with radianitis!!
flydrive rc is offline Find More Posts by flydrive rc
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:32 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,290 Posts
ouch that sucks,i think for doing that they should give you a nice discount.im guessing you dont have any other LHS's around?
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:07 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,392 Posts
Winds dropped and i'm heading out to give the Pro a real go, no camera girl this time though, but i will get to compare it with my stock Radian

cheers chuck
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:21 PM
gpm
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2004
13 Posts
Mine's here !!!!!

After missing the courier yesterday (thurs 18th) and a very quick drive to the toll priority express depot late evening to pick it up, I excitedly ripped the boxes apart, and am now the owner of a bnf pro with AR600. I'm using a DSX9 (9303, 9503) tx, so at about 8.45pm sat down to start programming it. I thought I'd attempt using HH's guide with the DX7 first, and after reversing some servos, started to get somewhere.................then a storm hit, the power went out, and programming by candlelight was no success...............(insert various swear words here)
Gave up, went to bed in the dark, went to work this morning, and now I'm back at it, so far have reflex, camber and crow working, but needs a bit more fine tuning. The mix numbers are different to the DX7, as the DSX9's first 2 mixers are multi point. I'll keep going, and hopefully fly it tomorrow morning........
Regards, Glenn

(ps..same post as original thread)
gpm is offline Find More Posts by gpm