Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:42 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
Ok, take two!

I couldn't find a small enough nose gear block in my parts, so I cut down an old GWS 400 brushed gearbox instead. I used the bearings and prop shaft, and enough plastic to hold them and have something to mount it to the plane. Should be much stronger now!

http://vimeo.com/16949477
Now we're talking, nice job, I can't wait to see some videos.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:54 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
Is that your trusty slow stick?
Yeah, the one and only! lol I swear this thing has hundreds and hundreds of hours in the air! I've had it for 6 or 7 years now.

My only complaint with the pan is the range left/right. I'd like to have more, but that's all I can get with the linkage. That said though, the wide angle on the GoPro is enough to still see both wingtips all the way to the trailing edge. I guess it'll do!
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Nov 18, 2010, 01:58 PM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,211 Posts
Ah now that looks miles better
Coyote64 is offline Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:10 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
Yeah, the one and only! lol I swear this thing has hundreds and hundreds of hours in the air! I've had it for 6 or 7 years now.

My only complaint with the pan is the range left/right. I'd like to have more, but that's all I can get with the linkage. That said though, the wide angle on the GoPro is enough to still see both wingtips all the way to the trailing edge. I guess it'll do!
you can modify your servo for more travel… like herehttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629294

Or try this linkage travel multiplier...http://www.purpletiger.com/geoff/mod..._the_mast.html
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:55 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
The servo is already modded for 180, it's the linkage binding that's stopping me from getting more. If I go to far, it want's to flop over and turn around backwards anyway! I bet that would make an interesting video... lol

I even though about using a belt and two pulleys the same size. That would work as long as it didn't slip.
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau