SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:15 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,809 Posts
Forster 99..............loooook oooooout!!

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:32 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2001
1,060 Posts
Mr Wiz,

Like you, I have started to collect some of the more common ignition engines, and plan to fly at least some of them. It truly does get under your skin, like any hobby can.

For my first model, perhaps a Quaker, Playboy, or ??.

Fun stuff!!

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole
Old May 01, 2011, 05:05 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,503 Posts
Now here is a Saito you don't see very often. Wish I could afford to drop $500 on an engine.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old May 02, 2011, 09:41 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,503 Posts
Well, I didn't pony up for that beauty above but I did get myself a new ignition treasure. I wanted a .60 size engine and this one seemed like a nice one for a fair price.

I'm really looking forward to building season. These ignition engines aren't going to sit on any shelf. They belong on the nose of a brightly colored Old Timer.
Old May 06, 2011, 04:42 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Old stuff -
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
Old May 06, 2011, 04:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
More -
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
Old May 07, 2011, 10:16 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2001
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Well, I didn't pony up for that beauty above but I did get myself a new ignition treasure. I wanted a .60 size engine and this one seemed like a nice one for a fair price.

I'm really looking forward to building season. These ignition engines aren't going to sit on any shelf. They belong on the nose of a brightly colored Old Timer.
Wiz, there was also a SP version of this engine as well. Wonder if they run differently, power? Torque? Nice looking engine.

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole
Old May 07, 2011, 11:10 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2004
70 Posts
Hi Wiz:

Nice Contester you've purchased there. Quite rare to find them with all stickers intact. The seller you bought from is very well known in the engine collecting community. His engines are always well described. Good for you man!

Frank
Frank Klenk is offline Find More Posts by Frank Klenk
Old May 07, 2011, 01:52 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,503 Posts
Thanks, guys. I still don't have it yet. When I do, I'll take some nice close ups to share with everybody here.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:51 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,503 Posts
OK well I edited this post to show my own photos of the O.S 50th anniversary release K6. It's supposedly one of 2000 made but I have yet to figure out what year. You see the manual for the engine is still in a sealed package and I think opening it up ruins the value a little. So, I'm going to have to do a little research.

It's really a beauty, though. I just got it today and to say I'm pleased would be an understatement. I'll have to see if I can lay my hands on an original one some time. They would make a nice pair sitting together. Just to add a little to the story. O.S. has just started making brushless motors too and I ordered one of those today. It's not for the collection however. I plan on flying it as soon as it comes. Anyway.... on to the pictures.
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; May 13, 2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:19 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,809 Posts
Your sick Whiz, your sick!! 10 engines in a month

Welcome to the club bro Your latest aquisition is a real gem, I'm jealous!

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
Old May 13, 2011, 08:25 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,503 Posts
Well, Bill I made a ton of money selling stuff at the swap meets this past winter. Truth be told, I still have a few hundred sitting in the hobby stash. So now I have a lot less junk in the shop and I have some nice engines to boot. But I was just thinking... The fire burns a lot lower today than it did when I first got interested in collecting engines so the rest of the stash is going to sit and wait for next building season.

I made a smokin' good deal on that K6. It's easily the prettiest engine in the collection so far. I'm still waiting on the Contestor 60. When I have it I'll make one last entry in my blog about engine collecting for awhile and start concentrating harder on my pattern flying. There are only two local contests this year but I want to hit both of them.
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; May 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 14, 2011, 12:37 PM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Heres my first .....

..... Ignition engine, a lowly O&R .23, Shown 2nd its ignition parts, 3erd, with what I was told were the best props for it, origional Ohlsson & Rice, 4th, a baby Playboy getting a nose job, 5th, Tee Dee .051 & Top Flight 6-3 in said Playboy.

Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
Old May 14, 2011, 09:48 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,503 Posts
I kike that O&R 23 quite a lot Laramie. Been contemplating picking up an O&R other than my Midjet 049. I just have to see the right one at the right time, if you know what I mean.

Cheers,
Wiz
Old May 15, 2011, 08:16 AM
AMA7224 LSF1832
Joined Sep 2008
3,452 Posts
I have a couple in the post somewhere. Picked up another Wahl Brown Jr (NIB) like it's sister I bought a few weeks ago. Also just bought an Anderson Spitfire 6100 Series on fleabay for...ready??? US$40.00
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member