HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:23 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Discussion
4CH Falcon XVII 8911/8913 (Lanneret IV)

Just got this in the mail today. Was around $40 off eBay after shipping and tax, weighs 54 grams, comes with a 180mah lipo. Having flown it twice already, the only downfall it has right out of the box is it only fly's for about 5-6 Min's so there is room for improvement. It has plenty of lift on a full charge and seems like it could accommodate a larger battery easily. The charger is only a 4.3v 350mA wall charger so I'm not sure if it would be capable of charging anything much bigger than the stock battery.
Otherwise it actually fly's fairly decent and is pretty easy to control, rolls left and right really fast, turns on a dime and is quite a bit faster than a s107, has a tendency to want to move forward though.

scarumanga is offline Find More Posts by scarumanga
Last edited by scarumanga; Jun 23, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:03 PM
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
4ch for $40!? Goes on eBay looking for falcon......
The Slip is offline Find More Posts by The Slip
Last edited by The Slip; Nov 17, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:09 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
yup, $40 or less, http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=Gyro....c0.m270.l1313 , the 8913 is the same thing i believe, just a different canopy, mine is the 8911. they are all on ebay. There are some for $60-$80 that look like they have a bigger battery (but i think they themselves are bigger models).
So far it fly's great, really precise control. I would say definitely the charge lasts about 5~ish min for sure, been flying this thing around the house all afternoon, charges in 40min. I'm thinking of disconnecting the lights to maybe get a bit more flight time.
Last edited by scarumanga; Nov 17, 2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 01:30 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1 Posts
Where would I get parts for this copter? broke the motor gear.
MeNAce01 is offline Find More Posts by MeNAce01
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:48 AM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Ebay would be your best bet, I ordered two bags of spare parts with mine (blades and battery's..etc)...i did a quick search which turned up all the spare parts for this chopper, also known as lanneret IV, http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=4+ch....c0.m270.l1313
This little 4ch sure is a ton of fun, best $40 i ever spent, might order one more.
Last edited by scarumanga; Nov 17, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:26 PM
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
Any problems with the transmitter in terms of glitches? I've been saving for a Heli-max Huey but the price on this one is real temping.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:50 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
@ scarumanga
Very nicely detailed pics. What kind of camera did you use?
(I'm in the market for a camera, leaning towards the 14 mega-pixel Cannon elph)
Is the throttle on the left stick or the right stick?
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:04 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Transmitter works great so far, the throttle is a bit sensitive (takes some getting used to)...got to be careful not to put the helicopter into the ceiling on a full battery as it can take off that fast. So far flying great, got the trim fine tuned so its hovering nicely, done at least 6-7 flights today.
Last edited by scarumanga; Nov 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:13 PM
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarumanga View Post
Transmitter works great so far, other than the throttle being sensitive (takes some getting used to)...got to be careful not to put the helicopter into the ceiling on a full battery as it can take off that fast. So far flying great, got the trim fine tuned so its hovering nicely, done at least 6-7 flights today.
You may have just sold me one.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:22 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
@ scarumanga
Very nicely detailed pics. What kind of camera did you use?
(I'm in the market for a camera, leaning towards the 14 mega-pixel Cannon elph)
Is the throttle on the left stick or the right stick?
That's my old digital camera, 3.2 megapixel Sony cybershot which I just finally got a 256mb stick for. The throttle and turn left/right is on the left side, roll left/right fwd/back is right side.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:25 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slip View Post
You may have just sold me one.
I wonder if there is a way to make the throttle a bit stiffer on the transmitter, or if it could be somehow held down like the s107 controllers. That would be the only problem I'm finding, its takes a really steady thumb (its not loose by any means but its really easy to move it) especially when cornering while trying to maintain a fixed altitude.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:48 AM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarumanga View Post
That's my old digital camera, 3.2 megapixel Sony cybershot
Might be old, but it's still 250 bucks for a new one.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSCP72-Cy.../dp/B00008L3HY
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:58 AM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
Might be old, but it's still 250 bucks for a new one.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSCP72-Cy.../dp/B00008L3HY
I neglected it for the longest time as it has a tendency to eat batteries even when its not on, so it can be pain. One must keep the batteries removed when not using it or it will drain em right out over a couple days. This plus i had a 16mb stick in it for the longest time because larger sticks 64mb and up cost over $50 which I would have been insane to pay at the time. 2 months ago i got my 256mb stick off eBay for $3 + Shipping. Now its a decent camera but still needs batteries left out.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:00 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
I saw some used ones for $40 on Amazon.
(thinking about it)
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
The reason the photos looks so nice though is because the camera is a "Fine" mode for quality which can only be turned on if you make a custom mode, the Fine is of greater quality than any of the default modes the camera has, picks up a lot more detail. Also has some different focus settings (wide central, central, left, right, haven't played with all the settings yet). This camera takes better quality photos than my Samsung Omnia phone which has a 5 megapixel camera.