SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:16 AM
I like to scratch
United Kingdom, Leicester
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
Help!
Need help on how to setup my plan on pdf

I've been using Doublecad to draw out one of my plans and Bullzip pdf printer to make a .pdf. This part I have no trouble with. It's when I choose the paper size A4 for a tiled pdf I'm having trouble with. I made the tiled pdf for A4 size, as thats what most printers use. When I go to print the plan it's coming out to the wrong scale. I choose none in Print scaling and checked choose paper source by pdf page size.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Paul
paul74 is offline Find More Posts by paul74
Last edited by paul74; Nov 16, 2010 at 07:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:45 AM
Denver CO
Joined Apr 2008
2,085 Posts
sorry i dont have an answer for ya, but i feel your pain. i to do some cad , and i gave up transposing mine to tiled pdfs. I went ahead and forked over 20$ for TilePrint. now its no hassle tileing my projects for any scale. takes alot of the headaches away.
D_FAST is offline Find More Posts by D_FAST
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dassualt Alpha Jet
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:21 PM
Joined Sep 2007
179 Posts
Are things the right size in the pdf? When I was first working on making plans, I had a lot of trouble and part of it was the actual pdf.
Broken Bottle is offline Find More Posts by Broken Bottle
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:15 AM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,275 Posts
this video is for sketchup but may be useful http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1084702
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:59 AM
I like to scratch
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
I figured it out now. I actually selected A3 instead of A4 when making the pdf. The next minor problem is when I printed the correct size plan, why is it that the pages don't line up to well? e.g sticking the fuz tiles together but the out lines do not meet up correctly.

Maybe you will understand what I mean with a basic drawing to show what I mean.

Is this normal or is this a error that I am doing somewhere?

Thanks
Paul
Old Nov 20, 2010, 06:00 AM
I like to scratch
Joined May 2008
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
this video is for sketchup but may be useful http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1084702
Thanks for the link Wilfor.

Paul