HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:55 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
Discussion
Convert stadium truck to SCT?

Just wondering how similar the dimensions are between 1/10th scale stadium trucks and SCT's? I've got a losi XXT collecting dust (stopped racing it like 13 years ago), and was thinking about trying to make it into a SCT. I know I'd have to make my own body mounts, re gear it for smaller wheels, etc... but would the wheels fit (or would I need the shorter buggy axles?), and is the overall chassis size close enough that the body would look right on it?

I wouldn't be racing it, so I don't mind that it's old technology. If I can find a good local place to race, I might pick something newer up eventually though.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:36 PM
Denver CO
Joined Apr 2008
2,088 Posts
i know there is a (XXX)t conversion out there. not sure how differenent the xxt is though
D_FAST is offline Find More Posts by D_FAST
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dassualt Alpha Jet
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:17 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
Dimensionally the XXXT is pretty close to the XXT, so I'm guessing unless the kit includes new suspension arms, axles, etc then I could make it work with minimal effort.

*edit* - found the kit, looks like kit is more extensive than it's worth:

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons