SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by S11D336B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 02:01 AM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidaho View Post
COOL! Thanks Mike for the tutorials, definitely going to check these out.

On a side note, I finally got my Lunar Lander 4 frame put together with its 2 axis GoPro gimbal and completed it's maiden test flight with it. Nothing exiting but the gimbal works pretty good, could probably adjust the roll settings a bit for the Hoverfly Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zuhgLcjx_8

Paul
Hia Paul. I finally got my Lunar lander frame and gopro gimbal shipped and setup. What gain/ camera gimbal compensation values are you dialing in? I figured if I could use your settings as a solid starting point I'm less likely to knacker it on the first flight. I've not flown my HFPro board since everyone was using the higher gain values (before the firmware update that mean you had to turn them down alot). I'd really appreciate the info. Cheers!

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 07:56 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
This is a sample of a video I am making for a client.
Beach Club Test video (0 min 31 sec)
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:32 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos230023 View Post
Hia Paul. I finally got my Lunar lander frame and gopro gimbal shipped and setup. What gain/ camera gimbal compensation values are you dialing in? I figured if I could use your settings as a solid starting point I'm less likely to knacker it on the first flight. I've not flown my HFPro board since everyone was using the higher gain values (before the firmware update that mean you had to turn them down alot). I'd really appreciate the info. Cheers!

CJ
Carlos,

Unfortunately, I crashed it on it's maiden FPV flight, my video went out so it's been out of commission sitting on the bench. I've nearly got it back together, once I do I will post the settings. I think I may be a couple of firmware revisions behind though.

Paul
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:33 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
This is a sample of a video I am making for a client.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L3n1qNyots
Tarro,

That's looks like a really nice start to the video, I love the gates opening as you fly through, nice touch!

Paul
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:14 PM
um.. yeah, I can make that fly
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2007
3,713 Posts
Looks like were in a race :P. I've almost finished doing the wiring loom on my quad. Got my gopro mounted. HF board in place. Gonna pick up my GPS unit tomorrow after paying my stuipd customs fee. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll be flying LOS and by Friday I wanna have the FPV gear setup on it. Finally making some good progress. Will get a video up soon.

CJ
Carlos230023 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos230023
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:39 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Here is a sample from todays shoot.
Stony Brook Village Center (0 min 39 sec)
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:49 AM
Joined Apr 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
(board stabilization isn't fast enough even with this stable flight).

http://vimeo.com/30122303
What do you mean by this? I have the AD8 HL Octo Axi 2814/22'2, with the Photohigher AV200 360 Gimbal. I am thinking of getting the Hoverfly Pro. Does the board provide proper stablization for this gimbal?

To any other AD8 users out there, How do you like your set up for AP? Can you give me any tips or things I should know before switching my octo over to the Hoverfly Pro?
patrick21x is offline Find More Posts by patrick21x
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:46 PM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
We are currently adding servo acceleration to our implementation of the gimbal stabilization. We anticipate that this will fix the lagging experienced by some users.

Thanks,
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick21x View Post
What do you mean by this? I have the AD8 HL Octo Axi 2814/22'2, with the Photohigher AV200 360 Gimbal. I am thinking of getting the Hoverfly Pro. Does the board provide proper stablization for this gimbal?

To any other AD8 users out there, How do you like your set up for AP? Can you give me any tips or things I should know before switching my octo over to the Hoverfly Pro?
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
NORWAY
Joined Jan 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick21x View Post

the stadlization is not proper yet :-((
kjella is offline Find More Posts by kjella
Old Oct 13, 2011, 02:57 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
I don't even use the gyro stabilization yet, I am saving up for a better camera gimbal.
Oheka Castle (1 min 14 sec)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:24 PM
Norway
Joined Jul 2009
53 Posts
Quote:
COOL! Thanks Mike for the tutorials, definitely going to check these out.

On a side note, I finally got my Lunar Lander 4 frame put together with its 2 axis GoPro gimbal and completed it's maiden test flight with it. Nothing exiting but the gimbal works pretty good, could probably adjust the roll settings a bit for the Hoverfly Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zuhgLcjx_8

Paul
Is this filmed with the latest software update?
What servos are you using for the gimbal?
FPVlarsen is offline Find More Posts by FPVlarsen
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:49 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVlarsen View Post
Is this filmed with the latest software update?
What servos are you using for the gimbal?
This was done a while ago, pre GPS updates. I crashed it on it's maiden FPV flight and it's still on the bench getting repaired so I haven't had a chance to update it yet.

I'm using the HiTech HS65MG servos for the Jakub GoPro gimbal.

The roll range is limited, you can seen when I hit the endpoint of the gimbal travel. But for normal flying it should be good. As always, having to chase down vibrations as well. Some day I'll get some nice motors :-)

Paul
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:50 AM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
Quote:
This was done a while ago, pre GPS updates. I crashed it on it's maiden FPV flight and it's still on the bench getting repaired so I haven't had a chance to update it yet.

I'm using the HiTech HS65MG servos for the Jakub GoPro gimbal.

The roll range is limited, you can seen when I hit the endpoint of the gimbal travel. But for normal flying it should be good. As always, having to chase down vibrations as well. Some day I'll get some nice motors :-)

Paul
Paul, have you tried to balance your motors? I balanced a couple of RCTimer 2830's and made a real difference. Two of them were ok to start and two had some vibrations. It doesn't take very long and works pretty well. If you're interested, I tell you how I did mine.

Kenny
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:47 AM
Joined Apr 2011
130 Posts
Sport Board Quad Newport Beach

Sunrise Saturday Newport Pier (1 min 59 sec)
h2ohsng is offline Find More Posts by h2ohsng
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:36 PM
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Aug 2011
377 Posts
Finally sat down and figured out how to post a video. Here is my first X-8 video equipped flight. It was shot with a GoPro set to 1080. There is no stabilization and it was my first attempt with full rates and no expo. I'll practice more and dial in the DR and Expo when I pick the actual camera I will be using. I'm hoping to test a T2i, T3i,3100 and a couple of different Lumix cameras this week.

x-8 test.mov (1 min 35 sec)
JZSlenker is offline Find More Posts by JZSlenker