SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by S11D336B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:54 AM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
I think you mean altitude hold. Position hold won't be available until the GPS board is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
Thanks for the videos guys.
Anyone tried out position hold yet?
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:54 PM
USA, PA, Harrison City
Joined Jul 2008
59 Posts
Osd

Hey hooked up the wires for the OSD part. Look pretty good. You do have trouble depending on the background as you will see. I dont know if you can impose a black background behind the number?

My MovieOSD (2 min 30 sec)
rgadagno is offline Find More Posts by rgadagno
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:41 PM
Gainesville GA USA
Joined Nov 2004
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgadagno View Post
Hey hooked up the wires for the OSD part. Look pretty good. You do have trouble depending on the background as you will see. I dont know if you can impose a black background behind the number?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWgixpqEs80
I'd rather see the font color changed from white to black. It would be less intrusive than having a black rectangle covering the view.

Maybe a configuration in the Setup Utility to set the font color ? Then we could use black for daytime and white for nighttime.
llamatrails is offline Find More Posts by llamatrails
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:51 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
good vids for fpv, can we see more non fpv vids myself and others wanna see it flying rather then see what seeing both enjoyable tho
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:52 AM
Joined Oct 2007
101 Posts
Hi, now that you mention GPS hold, what chipset will HFT be using ?
I did some tests with the Falcon 8 from Asctec, it is really incredibly stable. We are talking max 25cm movements in even windy weather. Asctec uses the ublox LEA-4H chipset for both F8 and F12 (release in spring 2011). I think they modify it are use other parameters also to keep it that stable. Even the Microdrone resellers here couldn't believe how stable it was. When is the HF GPS board release planned ?
XXL66 is offline Find More Posts by XXL66
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:48 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2004
131 Posts
EagleTree has this issue with the "font color" solved in a way that font is black with white outline (or opposite), where both "colors" can be set in a range from 0-7. I think this is the best idea.

Regards,
Gregor
mucek is offline Find More Posts by mucek
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:54 AM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
A re-write of the OSD is on our product road map and does include having the numbers outlined in black. It's just a matter of time to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgadagno View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWgixpqEs80
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
Joined Oct 2007
101 Posts
Now i remember ... the communication issue...
XXL66 is offline Find More Posts by XXL66
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:39 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
less talk and more videos here guys! :P
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:39 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
We want more videos toooo!!!

OSD will get a BIG update soon. George, Dan and I are taking all your feedback though.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:40 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
Did you get your board yet? I want to see some videos from you too!
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Nov 26, 2010, 06:36 PM
USA, PA, Harrison City
Joined Jul 2008
59 Posts
The weather has been terrible here in pa. Wind guts to 40mph. I've crashed mine too many time. I have trouble getting someone to video the flights. I put a video cam on my hat but found out i was not pointing at what i was looking at. I just had another crash because i lost the orientation of the hex and crashed hard to the ground. I fixed it but now the weather is not working with me. I hope try on Saturday to get some video up here.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:19 PM
Eastern Shore, US
Joined Nov 2010
12 Posts
@mactadpole. A couple of questions. What does your copter weigh? How about a quick list of parts, motors, esc, etc? Issues you had on configuring the board for first flight.
seniorgeek is offline Find More Posts by seniorgeek
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:57 PM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2008
616 Posts
Next step is dialing in altitude hold which seems much more useful to me than auto stabilization and not much has been said about it yet. I tried flipping the switch a few times for both but wasn't impressed with the results - I'm sure it's just me as usual. Anyone getting superb AP quality results with altitude hold yet? Yay! My 100th post! Earl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGkgVoK09Jg
Earl E Adobtr is offline Find More Posts by Earl E Adobtr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Current Folding Quad Project
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:22 PM
USA, PA, Harrison City
Joined Jul 2008
59 Posts
Separate battery to hoverfly board flights

Hi guys. After my last flip and running out of parts i did manage to put it back together. There are three flights i did with a separate battery connected to the main board. All 3 flights without a crash. I still need some small repairs which i hope parts with be in a couple of days. Not too much to see still a bit nervous to run it hard yet.

First
SANY0006 new (1 min 51 sec)

Second
SANY0008 new (7 min 13 sec)

Third
SANY0009 new (4 min 20 sec)

By the way i mounted my hd cam to my ball cap. I put a nut and bolt in the visor so i can mount the cam.