HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:30 PM
EAC
Eureka Springs, AR
Joined Jan 2007
83 Posts
Discussion
'Baby' classic pattern plane kits are here

The 'Baby' 65% pattern kits are finally here! The Troublemaker is ready, and the Banshee and Mach One are about done, now that I've finalized a few design things I've been working with that will apply to all. They will be full kits, not short kits. Foam wings that duplicate the original, flat tail surfaces. Staying with the 65%, not a standard wing span, to keep differences between the planes. They will be happy with a .15 to .25 2c, or the equiv electric motor.

The Baby Eyeball will have an Eyeball wing, not the Ace one size fits all wing, the same goes for the Mach One. It won't be a Mach None.

Here is the link to the Baby kits: http://www.eurekaaircraft.com/airplanes/babykits.htm

Don
www.eurekaaircraft.com
EAC is offline Find More Posts by EAC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:18 PM
EAC
Eureka Springs, AR
Joined Jan 2007
83 Posts
Banshee & Mach One are ready

The Banshee, and Mach one are now up on the site. Temporarily with out clear canopies, but there is a PDF of the original Banshee canopy on the site, scaled to fit the Baby Banshee. Very simple and looks great. It can also be lengthened a bit to fit the Mach One pretty close. It is what I will use for the eventual plug for a clear canopy.

I figure it is better to have planes to fly without clear canopies, than no planes at all They will come in time.

There is also an INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL price an all baby kits till the end of the year!

Going to do the Curare & Nutcracker next. After that, let me know what you want to fly!

Don @ EAC

http://www.eurekaaircraft.com/airplanes/babykits.htm
Old Dec 29, 2010, 03:22 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,519 Posts
Don - they look fantastic!

I used to fly a Pacer and Mach None from ACE. That Curare is really talking to me. Any chance of some pics of the Mach One? I would buy one perhaps, while waiting for the Curare.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:21 PM
EAC
Eureka Springs, AR
Joined Jan 2007
83 Posts
Don't have a finished Baby Mach One, but a local guy is finishing the prototype for me so I can take pics and fly.

The web page is updated, a few more planes added, ans the Mach One now has a canopy...

Introductory prices will go up after the 1st...

Don
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:23 PM
EAC
Eureka Springs, AR
Joined Jan 2007
83 Posts
Oh yeah, not sure if you can say it here. I'm sure the message will be deleted if so.

The RCU thread on the Baby is MUCH more active, and a lot of questions answered.

Don
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:32 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,519 Posts
You can post it here.... Good folks here - you are to used to the CRAP that goes on over at RCU. They are the ones that delete thread links to other sites.

Post away Don.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2010, 05:41 PM
EAC
Eureka Springs, AR
Joined Jan 2007
83 Posts
I don't take sides, I just answer questions as they are asked. I put duplicates off the original message on both sites at the same time, as I have been on both for a long time. I was surprised how much more active RCU is than RCG on these planes. I guess it varies by topic. Seems to be very little activity on RCU on flat depron jets, for instance, but a lot here.

Ask Away, I monitor both.

BTW check the web site, as I have been updating it a lot on these lately.

Don
Last edited by EAC; Dec 30, 2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typing errors :(
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:17 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,519 Posts
Don the only one I see pictures on is the Baby Trouble maker. I hate to drop almost $100 with no pics on what you are getting and what the finished product looks like.

Hope that makes sense.

Interested in the Mach One and Curare.

Thanks!
RCG Plus Member