HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:30 PM
Registered User
UlteriorModem's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
719 Posts
Wow I'm glad I saw this post on the ARF version before I ordered!

It will actually be cheaper to get it flying considering all the 'mandatory' upgrades (ESC etc) to the PnP version not to mention a better motor probably!

Just a note he linked to the HongKong warehouse. Might want to consider HobbykingUS
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:53 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolice View Post
The ARF version of Phoenix comes with propeller?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ider_ARF_.html
says it needs . . Motor: Brushless 2815/1050Kv (Required)

then the ARF combo deal says 2836 motor..


So if you'didn'k know.. which one would you buy...


skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:55 PM
Registered User
tolice's Avatar
Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Joined Aug 2010
95 Posts
Here's my list, 130$ on HK warehouse, because it's cheaper to ship at Brasil, where I live.

1x Clevis
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...0pcs_set_.html

6x HXT900 servos for flaps too
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...cro_Servo.html

1x ESC Turnigy Sentry 40A - I think it can deal all 6 servos. What do you think? Can it?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ontroller.html

2x Battery Turnigy 3S 2200mah 20C
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...Lipo_Pack.html

1x Keychain camera to record the flights
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...mory_card.html

1x T2836-1000 Turnigy 2836 Motor 1000kv
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...er_1000kv.html

1x The ship itself - ARF version
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ider_ARF_.html


Am I in the right direction? Not ordered a propeller because it seems it come with the ARF version.

I will wait for your comments to close the order.
tolice is offline Find More Posts by tolice
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:08 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolice View Post
Here's my list, 130$ on HK warehouse, because it's cheaper to ship at Brasil, where I live.

1x Clevis
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...0pcs_set_.html

6x HXT900 servos for flaps too
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...cro_Servo.html

1x ESC Turnigy Sentry 40A - I think it can deal all 6 servos. What do you think? Can it?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ontroller.html

2x Battery Turnigy 3S 2200mah 20C
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...Lipo_Pack.html

1x Keychain camera to record the flights
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...mory_card.html

1x T2836-1000 Turnigy 2836 Motor 1000kv
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...er_1000kv.html

1x The ship itself - ARF version
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ider_ARF_.html


Am I in the right direction? Not ordered a propeller because it seems it come with the ARF version.

I will wait for your comments to close the order.
Best use a 9x6 prop with that motor but as Hobbyking don't sell 9x6 , it will have to be 9x5..

Don't know if H.K sell UBEC,but if they do,buy a 5 amp one... You'll need it using 6 servo's...


Buy the Turnigy 40amp Plush ESC...


skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:51 PM
Registered User
tolice's Avatar
Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Joined Aug 2010
95 Posts
Ok, followed your suggestion.
Replaced the ESC for the Plush 40A, and picked this 5V/5A UBEC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...V_5A_UBEC.html

But I'm new to the UBEC stuff. I will look for the right way of connecting the cables. But if any of you could help me, I'll appreciate.
tolice is offline Find More Posts by tolice
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:11 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolice View Post
Ok, followed your suggestion.
Replaced the ESC for the Plush 40A, and picked this 5V/5A UBEC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...V_5A_UBEC.html

But I'm new to the UBEC stuff. I will look for the right way of connecting the cables. But if any of you could help me, I'll appreciate.
There easy to use,you get a manual with them ,tell's you what to do and how to do it..


..
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 04:16 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolice View Post
Ok, followed your suggestion.
Replaced the ESC for the Plush 40A, and picked this 5V/5A UBEC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...V_5A_UBEC.html

But I'm new to the UBEC stuff. I will look for the right way of connecting the cables. But if any of you could help me, I'll appreciate.
How to use...

You need to solder the 2 wires off the UBEC to the battery conector! red with red and black with black and then you plug the small black conector to a free channel on your RX

On your 40a Plush ESC , remove the RED wire(positive) pin from the conector that goes to throttle on the RX... ( do not cut the wire,just pull the pin out and tape in up..this is just incase you use the ESC for something else)

Sean
..
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2011, 04:22 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolice View Post
Here's my list, 130$ on HK warehouse, because it's cheaper to ship at Brasil, where I live.

1x Clevis
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...0pcs_set_.html

6x HXT900 servos for flaps too
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...cro_Servo.html

1x ESC Turnigy Sentry 40A - I think it can deal all 6 servos. What do you think? Can it?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ontroller.html

2x Battery Turnigy 3S 2200mah 20C
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...Lipo_Pack.html

1x Keychain camera to record the flights
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...mory_card.html

1x T2836-1000 Turnigy 2836 Motor 1000kv
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...er_1000kv.html

1x The ship itself - ARF version
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...ider_ARF_.html


Am I in the right direction? Not ordered a propeller because it seems it come with the ARF version.

I will wait for your comments to close the order.

Did you order conectors...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9572
You'll need them
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 06:18 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
BarnOwl's Avatar
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
747 Posts
Keychain #11 with fisheye

At last! We have a good spell of weather in Holland at the moment so yesterday I grabbed my Phoenix 2000 and took her out....

Taken with a #11 keychain cam and a fisheye lens.

Phoenix 2000 (4 min 38 sec)
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 06:49 AM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
Tolice...That is how you fly the Pheonix ..

Well done BarnOwl..
Looks like the weather is a lot nicer over there ,then here in Ireland..
No flying again this weekend

..
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:55 AM
Addicted to lift
eosglider's Avatar
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2010
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
At last! We have a good spell of weather in Holland at the moment so yesterday I grabbed my Phoenix 2000 and took her out....

Taken with a #11 keychain cam and a fisheye lens.

http://youtu.be/6HIVtDR3ThU
Great footage. Beautiful countryside. Quick question... Where did you get that fisheye lens at? Seems to have nice optics.
eosglider is offline Find More Posts by eosglider
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:17 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
H2SO4's Avatar
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salkeld17 View Post
Great footage. Beautiful countryside. Quick question... Where did you get that fisheye lens at? Seems to have nice optics.
I was thinking exactly the same thing(s). Makes me quite jealous. Holland must be the best place on Earth for RC, assuming you're not into slope
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 12:07 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Look on E-Bay for fisheye lens

There cheap enough...
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 01:32 PM
Registered User
UlteriorModem's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie View Post
Best use a 9x6 prop with that motor but as Hobbyking don't sell 9x6 , it will have to be 9x5..
I cant even find a 9x5 HK's selection of folding props seems to be in the 11 " or 6" range most with light pitch.

Can someone please link me an appropriate prop? (3mm shaft).


Skyhawk... btw; My wife was born in Roscrea
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:41 PM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
BarnOwl's Avatar
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salkeld17 View Post
Great footage. Beautiful countryside. Quick question... Where did you get that fisheye lens at? Seems to have nice optics.
I did get it at DealExtreme, 16 dollar incl shipping. It's nice, but the corners are weird. I like the 180 degree view though.....
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale HK Phoenix 2000 glider blk822 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 23, 2011 07:21 PM
Discussion Still having electric problems with my hobbyking Phoenix 2000, Crashvideo kyrkbymannen Electric Sailplanes 3 Jul 09, 2011 07:34 PM
Discussion Ohhh noo, 2nd flight on the HobbyKing Phoenix 2000 KillerCut Electric Sailplanes 14 Jun 06, 2011 09:57 AM
Discussion hobby king Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite R/C Glider doomracing Electric Sailplanes 3 May 31, 2011 10:09 PM