HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:12 PM
Certified Wingnut
LanceMc's Avatar
Delta BC
Joined Jul 2008
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBP2 View Post
Only three flights and the flap hinges have started parting company with the wing on both sides maybe about 2" or so, has anyone else had this, No bad landings so no reason for this other than bad materials
bob
It took more than 3 flights, but mine did the same thing. I used an old floppy disk to make new hinges. Easy repair

Lance
LanceMc is offline Find More Posts by LanceMc
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:50 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,218 Posts
Maybe a bad batch, mine are still going strong 2 years and hundreds of flights on. But an easy repair with ca hinge or floppy disk can't believe you still have some around. Would be a good choice though.
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:23 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
mine is the evolution and no signs of tears on hinges yet..
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:00 AM
Registered User
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Maybe a bad batch, mine are still going strong 2 years and hundreds of flights on. But an easy repair with ca hinge or floppy disk can't believe you still have some around. Would be a good choice though.
I like your color scheme.....Awesome...
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:16 AM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
I like your color scheme.....Awesome...
Cheers just a bit of cheap water based fluro from an art shop. The orange shows up well when it's up high, the yellow not so well.
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:49 PM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,824 Posts
Prospective Owner

Really considering buying one of these to replace my old 2.6M DG1000 that had an unfortunate incident with a lighting tower

But would someone please be able to advise if there's abit of spare room in the fuse?

I'd like to install my Hitec telemetry sensor unit (about the size of a standard receiver) and gps (about the size of a standard....GPS ).

I really liked the way my A9 telemetry would show me climbing (and falling out of) thermals.

Cheers for any advice!!!
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:06 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,218 Posts
Yep heaps of room. I have taken the battery tray out, (4 screws). So plenty of space. I use the a9 too, love it and have had the blue station in with current, voltage, temp and gps, no rpm though. The square cut out is where I put the gps, taped in from inside, don't want that unit flying off. There were a couple of posts relating to it. Here is one

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2523

Currently have the hyperion rdu set up in it. My rx gets pushed back behind the elev/rudder servos. Cos I have a 140g motor and flight pack has to go all the way back too.
Short story, there is space so very versatile, esp for the low price.
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Last edited by mustflynow2; Feb 08, 2013 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:19 AM
How close are those trees?
Goody63's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Yep heaps of room. I have taken the battery tray out, (4 screws). So plenty of space. I use the a9 too, love it and have had the blue station in with current, voltage, temp and gps, no rpm though. The square cut out is where I put the gps, taped in from inside, don't want that unit flying off. There were a couple of posts relating to it. Here is one

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2523

Currently have the hyperion rdu set up in it. My rx gets pushed back behind the elev/rudder servos. Cos I have a 140g motor and flight pack has to go all the way back too.
Short story, there is space so very versatile, esp for the low price.
I couldn't have asked for a better or more informative reply that that!

Thanks very much
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:32 PM
Registered User
Portugal, Santarém, Chamusca
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
Hi guys, i´m new, and i just got a Evolution rtf, very pleased with it, did my first flight today.
Can someone help me with the esc brake, my propeler never stops spining, i have tried the same as in one video on youtube, but the beeps in mine are diferent and it doesn´t work.
Today I used the 1.6 lenght and love it, did me flight almost at half trotlle all the time, great plane.
Thank you.
craposo is offline Find More Posts by craposo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:22 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craposo View Post
Hi guys, i´m new, and i just got a Evolution rtf, very pleased with it, did my first flight today.
Can someone help me with the esc brake, my propeler never stops spining, i have tried the same as in one video on youtube, but the beeps in mine are diferent and it doesn´t work.
Today I used the 1.6 lenght and love it, did me flight almost at half trotlle all the time, great plane.
Thank you.
i gave up on setting that esc brake and just got a different esc with a program card. sorry cant help. did you try the video on here back a few posts ?
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:52 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Fugitive_Bill's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,158 Posts
Fastfwd:

Hopefully there maybe something here of help to you and/or others. It's just some stuff I've collected into a text doc about ESC's.
I've simply copy pasted my text document into this post:..........

ESC GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
--------------------------------------------------

ESC BRAKE
-------------------
BRAKE FUNCTION: The factory default brake setting is “off”.
Skip to the “ESC OPERATION” section below if you want to
keep this setting. To turn the brake “on”:
1. Move the throttle stick to full throttle, turn on the transmitter
and connect the battery to the ESC.
2. After 5 seconds the motor will beep twice.
3. Move the throttle stick to the off position (towards you). The
motor will beep twice.
4. Again move the throttle stick to full power. The motor will
beep twice to confirm the brake is now “on”.
5. Move the throttle stick back to off. The motor will now beep
four times indicating the motor is “armed”.
To turn the brake off, repeat the above process. This time the
motor will only beep once with each stick movement, but will
beep four times again at the end to indicate the ESC is armed.
Once the brake is set, it does not require resetting after the
ESC has been switched off.

(Can't get to work,on HK RED 40amp. (And it repeats with Step 4 - motor arms at this point)

THROTTLE END POINTS
-------------------
It's very easy to set throttle range.
Step 1 -- Turn on radio and move throttle to the top (wide open).
Step 2 -- Plug in the battery on your plane's ESC, wait 2 seconds.
Step 3 -- Beep-Beep tone should be emitted, means throttle range highest point have been correctly confirmed.
Step 4 -- Move throttle stick to the bottom, several "beep" tones should be emitted, representing the number of cells in the lipo.
Step 5 -- A long "beep" should be emitted, means lowest point in throttle range been confirmed.
DONE.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOLLOWING IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR THE HOBBY KING 'BLUE' SERIES OF ESC's, WHICH THE BIXLER/SKYSURFER USES THE 20A MODEL:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, there's only 3 elements that are programmable thru this ESC:
1- Battery Type
2- Brake On/Off
3- Direction of Motor Spin

These all most assuredly CAN be programmed with a properly bound transmitter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INSTRUCTIONS:
• Start with the motor battery unplugged and the Transmitter ON.
ATTENTION LIPO FLIERS - Always follow your battery brand's safety recommendations.
Your H.King ESC is set at the factory to use a 3.0 volt per cell cutoff voltage.
• Move throttle stick on full throttle (up) position first.
• Turn on transmitter.
• Connect the H.King ESC to a battery pack.
• You should hear the 1st multi-tone ring upon plug in, and the battery count in beeps if set for Auto-Lipo.
• After 2 seconds, you should hear a second multi-tone ring, indicating the ESC sees full throttle.
• Move throttle stick down to the middle position, and you will hear another ring.
• Move throttle stick back to the top position, and you will hear another ring.
• Move throttle stick to the middle position again - you will hear 4 rings all in a row.
YOU ARE NOW IN PROGRAMMING MODE.

Then the H.King ESC will make a single beep that repeats. This is setting question #1 - What battery type?
• For Lithium Polymer type batteries (default setting), move the stick up to full throttle and wait for the rapid beeps
• For NiCad and NiMH type batteries, move the stick to low/off throttle and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory .

You can now move the stick back to the middle position for question #2 - Brake ON or OFF.
• The H.King ESC should start beeping two repeating beeps. This is setting for question #2 - Brake ON or OFF?
• For Brake ON move the stick to full throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• For Brake OFF (default setting), move the stick to low/off throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory.

You can now move the stick back to the middle position for question #3 - ROTATION DIRECTION
• The H.King ESC will start beeping three repeating beeps. This is setting question #3 - Rotation Direction?
• For rotation forward (default setting), move the stick to full throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• For rotation reversed, move the stick to low/off throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory.

After the last setting is made, the controller will exit programming mode, and will arm when the
throttle is in the low position.

WARNING - FROM NOW ON SPEED CONTROLLER IS ARMED AND ANY THROTTLE STICK MOVEMENT WILL MAKE THE MOTOR START!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Even if it only helps ONE person, at least that's something!!

Cheers, B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Fastfwd:

Hopefully there maybe something here of help to you and/or others. It's just some stuff I've collected into a text doc about ESC's.
I've simply copy pasted my text document into this post:..........

ESC GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
--------------------------------------------------

ESC BRAKE
-------------------
BRAKE FUNCTION: The factory default brake setting is “off”.
Skip to the “ESC OPERATION” section below if you want to
keep this setting. To turn the brake “on”:
1. Move the throttle stick to full throttle, turn on the transmitter
and connect the battery to the ESC.
2. After 5 seconds the motor will beep twice.
3. Move the throttle stick to the off position (towards you). The
motor will beep twice.
4. Again move the throttle stick to full power. The motor will
beep twice to confirm the brake is now “on”.
5. Move the throttle stick back to off. The motor will now beep
four times indicating the motor is “armed”.
To turn the brake off, repeat the above process. This time the
motor will only beep once with each stick movement, but will
beep four times again at the end to indicate the ESC is armed.
Once the brake is set, it does not require resetting after the
ESC has been switched off.

(Can't get to work,on HK RED 40amp. (And it repeats with Step 4 - motor arms at this point)

THROTTLE END POINTS
-------------------
It's very easy to set throttle range.
Step 1 -- Turn on radio and move throttle to the top (wide open).
Step 2 -- Plug in the battery on your plane's ESC, wait 2 seconds.
Step 3 -- Beep-Beep tone should be emitted, means throttle range highest point have been correctly confirmed.
Step 4 -- Move throttle stick to the bottom, several "beep" tones should be emitted, representing the number of cells in the lipo.
Step 5 -- A long "beep" should be emitted, means lowest point in throttle range been confirmed.
DONE.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOLLOWING IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR THE HOBBY KING 'BLUE' SERIES OF ESC's, WHICH THE BIXLER/SKYSURFER USES THE 20A MODEL:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, there's only 3 elements that are programmable thru this ESC:
1- Battery Type
2- Brake On/Off
3- Direction of Motor Spin

These all most assuredly CAN be programmed with a properly bound transmitter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INSTRUCTIONS:
• Start with the motor battery unplugged and the Transmitter ON.
ATTENTION LIPO FLIERS - Always follow your battery brand's safety recommendations.
Your H.King ESC is set at the factory to use a 3.0 volt per cell cutoff voltage.
• Move throttle stick on full throttle (up) position first.
• Turn on transmitter.
• Connect the H.King ESC to a battery pack.
• You should hear the 1st multi-tone ring upon plug in, and the battery count in beeps if set for Auto-Lipo.
• After 2 seconds, you should hear a second multi-tone ring, indicating the ESC sees full throttle.
• Move throttle stick down to the middle position, and you will hear another ring.
• Move throttle stick back to the top position, and you will hear another ring.
• Move throttle stick to the middle position again - you will hear 4 rings all in a row.
YOU ARE NOW IN PROGRAMMING MODE.

Then the H.King ESC will make a single beep that repeats. This is setting question #1 - What battery type?
• For Lithium Polymer type batteries (default setting), move the stick up to full throttle and wait for the rapid beeps
• For NiCad and NiMH type batteries, move the stick to low/off throttle and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory .

You can now move the stick back to the middle position for question #2 - Brake ON or OFF.
• The H.King ESC should start beeping two repeating beeps. This is setting for question #2 - Brake ON or OFF?
• For Brake ON move the stick to full throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• For Brake OFF (default setting), move the stick to low/off throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory.

You can now move the stick back to the middle position for question #3 - ROTATION DIRECTION
• The H.King ESC will start beeping three repeating beeps. This is setting question #3 - Rotation Direction?
• For rotation forward (default setting), move the stick to full throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• For rotation reversed, move the stick to low/off throttle, and wait for the rapid beeps.
• The rapid beeps tell you that the controller has now stored that answer in its memory.

After the last setting is made, the controller will exit programming mode, and will arm when the
throttle is in the low position.

WARNING - FROM NOW ON SPEED CONTROLLER IS ARMED AND ANY THROTTLE STICK MOVEMENT WILL MAKE THE MOTOR START!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Even if it only helps ONE person, at least that's something!!

Cheers, B!LL!
Great info ! thanks...
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Norh Eastern Indiana
Joined Nov 2003
61 Posts
Phoenix 2000 aileron servo hookup

I just received my Phoenix 2000 a few days ago and had a friend of mine who has flown rc for years come over to help me set her up. All went well until we got to the aileron and flap servo hookups. It looks like there isn't enough room to hookup a clevis on the servo arms in the wing, things are very tight. Have any of you fellows have to "cut" back some of the epo to make room to get in there?
Also, my friend thought there might be some tape in there. This is all I have to do to get her set to fly so I'm a little frustrated.
Being this is only my 1st electric sailplane and haven't flown rc but a couple of times previous, I'm totally ignorant about putting these things together and not messing something up.

Anyone in the INDIANA area? Hopefully, I can find someone in Indiana that may be able to mentor me thru this. Thanks
dprod is offline Find More Posts by dprod
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:47 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,218 Posts
Shouldn't need to cut any foam. Here is a pic of my ail. I replaced stock horn with du-bro otherwise all stoct. Z bend to servo arm and clevis to horn. Hope this helps I'll do another post with the flap, slight difference with the horn turned around.
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:49 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,218 Posts
Can only post 1 pic at a time on the tablet
mustflynow2 is offline Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale HK Phoenix 2000 glider blk822 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 23, 2011 07:21 PM
Discussion Still having electric problems with my hobbyking Phoenix 2000, Crashvideo kyrkbymannen Electric Sailplanes 3 Jul 09, 2011 07:34 PM
Discussion Ohhh noo, 2nd flight on the HobbyKing Phoenix 2000 KillerCut Electric Sailplanes 14 Jun 06, 2011 09:57 AM
Discussion hobby king Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite R/C Glider doomracing Electric Sailplanes 3 May 31, 2011 10:09 PM