HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:29 AM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Ah must be a reflection i was seeing.
Nah, cause the lights directly in the middle kept changing colour in my eyes too!! From red to purple to green and so on.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:49 AM
Registered User
HoosierGuy's Avatar
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
I see Hobby King has the Phoenix 2000 in again.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Plug_Fly_.html
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
Registered User
HoosierGuy's Avatar
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
So I get three days off and we have bad weather coming in. Dang. Maybe an inch or two of snow (probably melt quickly) and high winds.

I wonder, can you fly an electric glider when it's snowing outside? Mostly white glider, all white snow, probably a recipe for disaster.
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:45 PM
High Altitude Flyer
viking60's Avatar
Fairplay, South Park, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,608 Posts
HoosierGuy,

Keep those LEDs turned ON!!!

I've had planes disappear into low hanging clouds before... best trick is to try to keep it in fairly close where you can still see it.

Viking
viking60 is offline Find More Posts by viking60
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
Registered User
macshack's Avatar
New Zealand, Marlborough, Blenheim
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Not an excellent thermaller but it will mix it with the best on a good day. i have no problems with it on good days and have managed to climb to 483 mtrs on one flight, "Jolly Logic" altimeter.

Excellent value for money and I've hod no issues with any of the equipment supplied with it. either has my dad.
macshack is offline Find More Posts by macshack
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:21 AM
Registered User
RoboSerg's Avatar
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Well done Hobbyking! There was ONE Phoenix 2000 on the DE warehouse on 14. Dezember. I instantly bought it and payed for it as I live in Germany. Today my order went to BK. Great! Now I wont get my plane before the New Year. Thanks HK
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User
HoosierGuy's Avatar
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
Sorry to hear about the backorder.

I ordered some jst pigtails for my led lights. They came today from hobbypartz. That will make things a lot easier when I put on more lights on my Phoenix Evolution.
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:21 PM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post
Well done Hobbyking! There was ONE Phoenix 2000 on the DE warehouse on 14. Dezember. I instantly bought it and payed for it as I live in Germany. Today my order went to BK. Great! Now I wont get my plane before the New Year. Thanks HK
They did that to me when I accidentally payed by eCheque, I ordered it and it was reserved, then the next day they sold it on me so I had to wait for back orders to come in! This was for a Bixler2.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:31 PM
Registered User
HoosierGuy's Avatar
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
I've not ordered anything big (like a plane/glider) from Hobbyking. I only order parts like ESCs/LEDs/batteries. I make sure the stock says +10 or I don't order.
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
811 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get a 35mm motor into one of these?

If yes, do you guys think it could be modded into a long distance FPV boat? would require a way to fit a 145x45x30 battery (battery is a bit smaller than that, but that is leeway). Would also somehow need to add a place to hold a bunch of electronics/be able to run an antenna up the tail, i.e. can you cut a hatch into this kind of fuse at all behind the wing, and is there a way to pull a cable through to the rear?
Nereth is offline Find More Posts by Nereth
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
The Sequel
mustflynow2's Avatar
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
Does anyone know if you can get a 35mm motor into one of these?

If yes, do you guys think it could be modded into a long distance FPV boat? would require a way to fit a 145x45x30 battery (battery is a bit smaller than that, but that is leeway). Would also somehow need to add a place to hold a bunch of electronics/be able to run an antenna up the tail, i.e. can you cut a hatch into this kind of fuse at all behind the wing, and is there a way to pull a cable through to the rear?
Yep, I run a 3639. Ilipin is your man for fpv here, check out his tail servo mod, post 2571, page 172. Big battery! My zippy compact 4s 3700 are that size and weigh in at 350g, it will fit, but those fus servos would have to be out of the way to balance. Don't see any reason why you couldn't cut 'n' shut your fus, and yes it's hollow all the way to the end. I don't fly fpv, but it must be fun, definitely on my to do list. Good luck
mustflynow2 is online now Find More Posts by mustflynow2
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Yep, I run a 3639. Ilipin is your man for fpv here, check out his tail servo mod, post 2571, page 172. Big battery! My zippy compact 4s 3700 are that size and weigh in at 350g, it will fit, but those fus servos would have to be out of the way to balance. Don't see any reason why you couldn't cut 'n' shut your fus, and yes it's hollow all the way to the end. I don't fly fpv, but it must be fun, definitely on my to do list. Good luck
Yep I was thinking about zippy compact 4000 mah 4s Almost the same size. The motor I already have is a 35 48, a bit on the heavy side but if I move tail servos rearward, and put some electronics with them, it should offset it.

Sounds good! Thanks for the advice =D
Nereth is offline Find More Posts by Nereth
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:06 AM
Registered User
ilipin's Avatar
Россия, Пермский край, город Пермь
Joined Jul 2011
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
Does anyone know if you can get a 35mm motor into one of these?

If yes, do you guys think it could be modded into a long distance FPV boat? would require a way to fit a 145x45x30 battery (battery is a bit smaller than that, but that is leeway). Would also somehow need to add a place to hold a bunch of electronics/be able to run an antenna up the tail, i.e. can you cut a hatch into this kind of fuse at all behind the wing, and is there a way to pull a cable through to the rear?
Why you need a 35mm motor? You will need to change stock prop - it cannot be used on high rpm. I'm not sure max rpm for it, but try not use full throttle.

I use 28 mm NTM Prop Drive Series 2826 1000kv, with 4s 2700mah bat and stock prop it give about 20A-22A. Yeas, motor is overheating on long full throttle, I had to reduce full throttle to about ~70% 15A. More, that enough for fast climbing. For continuous FPV flight 3-4A is enough. I expect to up 1 hour flight with 3000-4000mah bat.
ilipin is offline Find More Posts by ilipin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilipin View Post
Why you need a 35mm motor? You will need to change stock prop - it cannot be used on high rpm. I'm not sure max rpm for it, but try not use full throttle.

I use 28 mm NTM Prop Drive Series 2826 1000kv, with 4s 2700mah bat and stock prop it give about 20A-22A. Yeas, motor is overheating on long full throttle, I had to reduce full throttle to about ~70% 15A. More, that enough for fast climbing. For continuous FPV flight 3-4A is enough. I expect to up 1 hour flight with 3000-4000mah bat.
I already have a full power system (battery, ESC, motor, prop) from an existing glider, I am trying to decide if putting it into a phoenix 2000 is viable, and if so, is it an upgrade or not

What spinner diameter would you say is correct for this plane?
Nereth is offline Find More Posts by Nereth
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
I already have a full power system (battery, ESC, motor, prop) from an existing glider, I am trying to decide if putting it into a phoenix 2000 is viable, and if so, is it an upgrade or not

What spinner diameter would you say is correct for this plane?
this glider is VERY light,when i first started motor on maiden flight,i stopped it as it didnt sound like it had enough power to even fly. i thought maybe i didnt have esc throttle calibrated. But it was and it fly's very well and is fast. I think a bigger motor might be to much for it being so light,and may even twist motor mount out of fuse. ??
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale HK Phoenix 2000 glider blk822 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 23, 2011 08:21 PM
Discussion Still having electric problems with my hobbyking Phoenix 2000, Crashvideo kyrkbymannen Electric Sailplanes 3 Jul 09, 2011 08:34 PM
Discussion Ohhh noo, 2nd flight on the HobbyKing Phoenix 2000 KillerCut Electric Sailplanes 14 Jun 06, 2011 10:57 AM
Discussion hobby king Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite R/C Glider doomracing Electric Sailplanes 3 May 31, 2011 11:09 PM