HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:39 AM
The Sequel
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Richard View Post
I can understand the first thing (due to the lack of the right motor incidence angle) but... I can't understand the second one. It seems a CG problem...
Full flaps
mustflynow2 is online now Find More Posts by mustflynow2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:51 AM
Россия, Пермский край, город Пермь
Joined Jul 2011
210 Posts
My Phoenix 2000 setup:

At first time, I decide do not install anything else on sailplane - just motor, esc, serovos ans rx.

But FPV won!
I had to add spare parts, they mustn't stay on the ground:

FY30A for stabilization,
FY117 OSD with current sensor.
Fatshark camera with tilt+shift.
Myflydreams AT module
900Mhz video tx

Yea, sailplane is not a FPV model, spare place isn't enough
Ele and rudder servos I moved to tail. I use a digital servos with micro form factor D05010MG. 0.5 kg/cm is enough.

How I plan to use new plane: for fun and training. Use a heavy Raptor with Sony Nex for training flights and stuns very nervous for me

Maiden flight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MC2NqSKl2jA

I think, camera becomes b/w after I give 12v instead of 5 And it shows IR now

Still waiting a head tracking
ilipin is offline Find More Posts by ilipin
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:44 AM
Joined May 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustflynow2 View Post
Full flaps
Aaaaaah! Ok! It has been a "language trap": "Without power and full flaps" was for me "Without power and (whithout) full-flaps".

I've got "butterfly" for landing, with some "down elevator" mixed in.
_Richard is offline Find More Posts by _Richard
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:30 AM
The Sequel
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Richard View Post
Aaaaaah! Ok! It has been a "language trap": "Without power and full flaps" was for me "Without power and (whithout) full-flaps".

I've got "butterfly" for landing, with some "down elevator" mixed in.
I figured that was what he meant. Perhaps pulling flap at some speed and ballooning it up. i got butterfly set up too, but really don't use it as it is very manageable and doesn't carry alot of energy.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilipin View Post
My Phoenix 2000 setup:

At first time, I decide do not install anything else on sailplane - just motor, esc, serovos ans rx.

But FPV won!
I had to add spare parts, they mustn't stay on the ground:

FY30A for stabilization,
FY117 OSD with current sensor.
Fatshark camera with tilt+shift.
Myflydreams AT module
900Mhz video tx

Yea, sailplane is not a FPV model, spare place isn't enough
Ele and rudder servos I moved to tail. I use a digital servos with micro form factor D05010MG. 0.5 kg/cm is enough.

How I plan to use new plane: for fun and training. Use a heavy Raptor with Sony Nex for training flights and stuns very nervous for me

Maiden flight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MC2NqSKl2jA

I think, camera becomes b/w after I give 12v instead of 5 And it shows IR now

Still waiting a head tracking
just pure sweetness !!! Thanks !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:40 PM
The Sequel
Australia, VIC
Joined Sep 2011
1,293 Posts
Nice maiden ilipin, you have lots of space to fly. Very bleak though. Fpv won out, easier on the eyes? Loved the pan out to the wing! I'm stuck flying mostly in the city.
I may benifit from moving tail servos aft as my set up is heavy and I need to move my batt as far back as possible, could you post some pics of how you positioned your servos if possible? Would like to see. How is your video range? Reckon you could top 2000 ft?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:55 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
Very very nice ilipin!!!
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
Seeker of Thermals
United States, MT, Kalispell
Joined Aug 2004
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markran View Post
I received the Phoenix 2000...[LIST=1] I'm trying to figure out what happened with the throttle not responding before tempting gravity again. I've never had that kind of problem before. My radio has always been reliable and the receiver module I was using has worked reliably in another plane. The Phoenix was only 150 feet or so away from me. I was using the stock four servo set up (no flaps). Is this rapid loss and return of response consistent with the description "brown out"? Is this likely attributable to the stock ESC/BEC with only four servos? I now have a 3v SBEC on order from HK. What else should I check? Can anyone suggest troubleshooting steps or advice?
Mark, Ouch, sorry to hear about your unplanned meeting with Mother earth. During your post, or in any of the replies, I don't see anything about a range check. You DID do a range check before flight, right? On my Spektrum, it's one of the menu items. It puts out less RF power from the transmitter, and you're supposed to still have complete control at 30 paces, I believe it is. You might need your radio manual to see how to do it. Highly recommended anytime you move stuff around or put electronics into a new airframe.

I've been thinking about a scenario where the propeller blade is stuck on the canopy, and you try to give it full throttle. A stalled motor draws LOTS of current, probably enough to pull the voltage down below the threshold of the receiver and/or servos working. This could cause a power off type reset. Once the airborn electronics have reset, it should recover, and you should have control again, not sure why you didn't.

But anyway, first thing I would do is a range check of your radio. Better to have someone hold the model, and give it full throttle, and move all servos continually while doing the check.

Good luck.
--
Greg
botulism is offline Find More Posts by botulism
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
new phoenix evolution just arrived , start the build later tonight, first thing to go will be the stock esc,then the stock clevis's and put in extra hinges on rudder .. fun fun fun !!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Oct 2011
64 Posts
What battery connectors came with your stock version, also what size battery, amp wise?

Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
new phoenix evolution just arrived , start the build later tonight, first thing to go will be the stock esc,then the stock clevis's and put in extra hinges on rudder .. fun fun fun !!
Lou_p is offline Find More Posts by Lou_p
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:49 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2011
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by botulism View Post
Mark, Ouch, sorry to hear about your unplanned meeting with Mother earth. During your post, or in any of the replies, I don't see anything about a range check. You DID do a range check before flight, right? On my Spektrum, it's one of the menu items. It puts out less RF power from the transmitter, and you're supposed to still have complete control at 30 paces, I believe it is. You might need your radio manual to see how to do it. Highly recommended anytime you move stuff around or put electronics into a new airframe.

I've been thinking about a scenario where the propeller blade is stuck on the canopy, and you try to give it full throttle. A stalled motor draws LOTS of current, probably enough to pull the voltage down below the threshold of the receiver and/or servos working. This could cause a power off type reset. Once the airborn electronics have reset, it should recover, and you should have control again, not sure why you didn't.

But anyway, first thing I would do is a range check of your radio. Better to have someone hold the model, and give it full throttle, and move all servos continually while doing the check.

Good luck.
--
Greg
Thanks for the tips Greg!
Markran is offline Find More Posts by Markran
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:00 AM
High Altitude Flyer
Fairplay, South Park, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_p View Post
What battery connectors came with your stock version, also what size battery, amp wise?

Lou
Lou,

mine came in a couple of weeks ago from Hobby King's USA warehouse with the Deans Powerpole battery connector. I changed out to an XT60 connector, since the Nano-Tech batteries I use come with them.

VIKING
viking60 is offline Find More Posts by viking60
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_p View Post

Lou
No battery with this one.30 amp esc, with a deans connector, will put in a 40 amp esc
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:28 AM
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Oct 2011
64 Posts
Thanks Guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
No battery with this one.30 amp esc, with a deans connector, will put in a 40 amp esc
Lou_p is offline Find More Posts by Lou_p
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,323 Posts
man is there a real english manual that tells a guy which screw goes where on these planes ? Hate to put wrong screw in and mess up threads on plastic parts.