HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:43 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
I'm sure you'er aware that there's a section on RCG to practice doing postings right? I've actually had some fun with other members practicing on these practice threads

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:50 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I'm sure you'er aware that there's a section on RCG to practice doing postings right? I've actually had some fun with other members practicing on these practice threads

Mike.
Yeah

I just thought quitcherbitchen would see all this and tell me what he did ... it's probably the same thing I did... upload but don't insert in the text editor. No big deal, not that important. Need to crash now
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:30 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Yeah

I just thought quitcherbitchen would see all this and tell me what he did ... it's probably the same thing I did... upload but don't insert in the text editor. No big deal, not that important. Need to crash now
Oh No,,..Not that North
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:33 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
4,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Yeah

I just go into attachments, but don't do advanced as you can't add text in advanced.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:11 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I just go into attachments, but don't do advanced as you can't add text in advanced.
Hmmm, not sure I understand what you mean . If you're talking about the Flash based advanced uploader it's just and upload interface that makes you return to the original "manage attachments" window to finalize anyway... regardless of whether you do that right away or close it immediately and try to add your picture into the post editor (it will launch the pop up again)... so, yeah, I did that.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page... when you say "I just go into attachments" are you talking about the separate pop up window that you launch from the paperclip icon in the "Go Advanced" post editor... the manager I previously posted screenshots of?

I'm going to guess that you're just not subsequently using the drop down from the paperclip to actually insert the uploaded pic (that you added the text to in the Manage Attachments popup) into the advanced post editor where I'm typing this right now... like this...

Name: post-editor.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 83.6 KB
Description:

That's the method that won't show text under the thumbs... I assume you're skipping that step?... that's what I had to do.

Sorry, guys... any further yappin' about this I'll do in pm's.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:13 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
4,854 Posts
Go advanced doesn't allow text.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:16 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,791 Posts
Quote:
Go advanced doesn't allow text.
Go Advanced is the only place I have an attachment option. Are you saying you can see an attachment option in the Quick Reply?

EDIT
That is, Go Advanced is the only place I can launch the Manage Attachments popup where you add text to your uopload.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 14, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:35 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
4,854 Posts
MMMMMMah yes. go advanced and then click the attachment icon but don't click the advance upload function on the top. Use the browse folders second from the top and click each picture you want individually.Then Upload files. Then go down to the pictures in the picture manager file and add text and then importantly "save changes". Hope that helps I love seeing pictures. Makes the thread much more interesting. Hope it helps some lurkers to post too. I don't think this is off topic because if it helps it helps.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:49 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
North, I took a pic of my MCX just for demonstration of course

Click "Manage Attachments"

Then "Choose file" I always put this on my desktop to easily find it.

Now once the pic is uploaded you can put into text about each pic. Do all text then click save.

For this pic (experiment) I will say "Mike's super MCX"
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:03 PM
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Quote:
MMMMMMah yes. go advanced and then click the attachment icon but don't click the advance upload function on the top. Use the browse folders second from the top and click each picture you want individually.Then Upload files. Then go down to the pictures in the picture manager file and add text and then importantly "save changes". Hope that helps I love seeing pictures. Makes the thread much more interesting. Hope it helps some lurkers to post too. I don't think this is off topic because if it helps it helps.
Exactly what quitcherbitchen says. I name all my pics, then the ones I want to post I send right to my desk top. When you click "browse", then click "Desktop"..scroll down to what you want to upload, click that, then click "open".

You'll see the empty box under each pic in which you can add text. Once you add text to "whatever pic" you want,,,...click "SAVE".

Mike.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,937 Posts
Gonna be buddy boxing an OG superCub this weekend yeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Its got a brushless motor installed to a freaking block on wood.
Plane has hundreds and hundreds of hours on it. Bought it from a friend.
Got an aileron wing and a regular wing and a bunch of kids and adults ready to give it a try!!!!

Thank you mr superChub.
wopachop is offline Find More Posts by wopachop
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:34 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,791 Posts
Yeah, guys... I don't know what to tell ya... what I've been trying to say is that's exactly what I always do, I usually just don't add text in the picture manager (in the attachment manager popup), which I'm doing now... and it doesn't display like the posts I see that show the text under the thumbs unless I don't complete the process to the usual step 2. If I do complete the process, the only places I see that text are under the full size pic once you click the thumb and in the attachment manager if I open it up. The only way for me to get the thumbs to show up with the upload manager comments under them is to not go to the second step of choosing the already uploaded pic from the drop down in the advanced Reply editor dialog box which adds [attachment] tags and lets you arrange them any way you want if you play with the arrangement of the code... which is why I actually go to that second step.

Or, if I did already complete the process all the way to step 2 and want to change how it displays, I can go into the Reply editor and delete the [attachment] tags and ID that reference the image but don't delete the upload from the attachment manager... in the end, same result.

... I think what you guys are saying is, don't go to the second step... which is what I'm also saying is what I have to do... so, I think we're saying the same thing. It's just not the way I'm used to posting pictures because on other forums that use this same software, if you only go as far as the first step, the image will get automatically deleted after a short time if it wasn't taken to the second step and inserted into the Reply editor.

I don't know if I explained that very well, but at least I figured out what I need to do to get it to display the way I want.

To get things back on topic, I just got home from my sister's place... she just returned from Florida with my Power Up dsm2 compatible Rx and another aluminum motor mount (the correct one this time for 450 motors) and some extended motor shafts. Gary is going to refund my 480 mount including my original shipping if I want to send it back. Or, if anyone in the Edmonton area wants a Custom RC Parts aluminum Super Cub motor mount for 480 motors...
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:32 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
4,854 Posts
I thought the 450 mount and 480 were the same?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:37 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,791 Posts
Quote:
I thought the 450 mount and 480 were the same?
No, different part numbers. The 480 mount is 5mm longer meaning you'd have to hack your cowl a bit if you use a 450 motor with it... something I explained some time ago I'm not willing to do.

I haven't test fit, but I'm sure it also would mean the prop adapter and prop would sit farther out away from the cowl.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:45 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
4,854 Posts
Is it the stock PZ 480? My Eflite 480 fit fine.That's after I burned up a Eflite 450 motor on the same plane.