HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:56 PM
In need of a job....
Hamilton, NJ
Joined Feb 2008
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
stock shaft is 4mm. There are tons of adapers for it with 4mm ID and 1/4"(6mm) OD.

E-flite, HeasUp Rc, and other brands and places to get 'em including HK.

Props sometimes need to be reamed or some come with various inserts.
Good stuff! thank you.
kryznic is offline Find More Posts by kryznic
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryznic View Post
Good stuff! thank you.
No, problem, bud. Here's the E-flite one at my LHS, you can get it tons of places. Lots of equivalents of this under different brands and possibly cheaper too. Some just have a regular nut and not the spinner shaped bullet nut...if you don't want or need that.

collet type
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=EFLM1924

Name: eflm1924_350.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 6.8 KB
Description:

set screw type
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=EFLM1931

Name: eflm1931_350.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 6.7 KB
Description:
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:47 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
Tried a quick and dirty proof of concept running conductive tape down the wing to the LEDs. Left wing would actually have 4 LEDs... nav, strobe and 2 in the landing light. Tape would be covered to insulate it from shorts... either with packing tape, trim sheet, the EZE Kote I used when glassing the wingtips... or a combination.

I added descriptions for some pics in the attachment manager... why don't they show up under these thumbnails like I see in some people's posts??
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; May 25, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:10 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
804 Posts
You most likely didn't save the changes (added text). Button below text box that lets you save them......
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:22 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
You most likely didn't save the changes (added text). Button below text box that lets you save them......
I saved the changes in the attachment manager... just not in the main edit box where you edit your main message. But I did try that too just now and the image text still didn't show up. The image text is associated with the images in the attachment manager... I've checked several times. I only added text to 2 of the images and I do see it in my post when you view the actual full res pics... it's just not showing under the thumbs.

I'm stumped.

EDIT
I'm looking a page back at quitcherbitchen's post and trying to figure out how it's done... all his attached pics + text are surrounded by a common border.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 14, 2013 at 03:30 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:13 AM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
I saved the changes in the attachment manager... just not in the main edit box where you edit your main message. But I did try that too just now and the image text still didn't show up. The image text is associated with the images in the attachment manager... I've checked several times. I only added text to 2 of the images and I do see it in my post when you view the actual full res pics... it's just not showing under the thumbs.

I'm stumped.

EDIT
I'm looking a page back at quitcherbitchen's post and trying to figure out how it's done... all his attached pics + text are surrounded by a common border.
I think it depends on your browser and if you use the advanced or the basic uploader. I do a lot of my post from my iPad which does not have the flash plug in required for the advanced uploader and I have to upload images one at a time one per post.. On my PC I can upload multiple images each with comments within a single border. My browser is Chrome with the latest flash player plug in.
Just a thought, check to see which uploader you are using.
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:27 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
I used this one... the non-Flash default one with 6 uploads at a time...

Name: attachment-manager.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 196.6 KB
Description: test text

I wrote "test text" for this one too. No thumbnail text or border. Hmmm.

EDIT
Just figured it out but it works because of a bug I've always been aware of, If you upload an image but don't actually insert it into your post it does what you see here with my LED drawing. It's supposed to delete it though if it doesn't get used in a post within a certain amount of time. So, yeah, I dunno what's goin' on
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 14, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:38 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
Chomp, check my last post now
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 14, 2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:24 AM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Chomp, check my last post now
Hmmm. Strange one. All I know is that posts with attachments from my ipad look quite different to the ones from my PC.
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:31 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post
http://www.solarfilm.co.uk/

It's made in the UK but I think its exported worldwide. Certainly similar products like Oracover are widely available. I'm really pleased with the results. There will be pics soon!
Thanks for that Chomp. I think that was one of the links I came across.

@North, Thanks for that "in detail" explanation of the glass coat. I thought I was doing something wrong or the materials were inferior. I've only been doing one coat per day to ensure a good dry time because it is down my cellar. I have been wrapping the fiber around the edge of the tip.

Your wing is looking awesome Bro. Can't wait until you get her all set up and lighted up like a Christmas Tree Ha, ha,...no seriously. Don't know why you are having trouble attaching text to your pic. My OS is Goggle Chrome. IMHO, IE sucks.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:38 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
North, did you try to "uncheck" the pics as a "edit" (this will remove the pics), save, then try it all over again, only this time save your text. I just though,,,... I had to do that one time before.

Mike.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:53 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
Thanks, Mike

(I won't put Chrome or any Google product on my puter ... although I do use the toolbar 'cause I need it for certain things but I'm thinking of ditching it too )

My lights will be this exact setup...

direct links 'cause the forum embedded player's crippled frame-rate messes with the strobe patterns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PBPkRmJNkXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=07cY99I8OdY
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:00 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
North, did you try to "uncheck" the pics as a "edit" (this will remove the pics), save, then try it all over again, only this time save your text. I just though,,,... I had to do that one time before.

Mike.
test

no dice.

The thing I did above where I got it to work jives with quitcherbitchen's post... if you quote his you'll see there's actually no images inserted in his post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9875
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 14, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:28 AM
Joined Mar 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
test

no dice.

The thing I did above where I got it to work jives with quitcherbitchen's post... if you quote his you'll see there's actually no images inserted in his post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9875
That's "only" when you "quote" someone. I would delete the whole post and start over. I'm pretty sure you've posted pics before with text in each pic right?

Mike.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:37 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
That's "only" when you "quote" someone. I would delete the whole post and start over. I'm pretty sure you've posted pics before with text in each pic right?

Mike.
I mean, if you quote his post, you'll see no evidence that pictures were even posted, that's not normal if the pics were actually inserted into the main text editor after you've closed the attachment manager... I achieved the same thing by using the "bug" I mentioned. Actually, I don't think I've posted text with pics before... mostly because I'm lazy
RCG Plus Member