HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:09 PM
United States, NC, Avon
Joined Sep 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Cool, thanks for the kink. Are you saying the Power Up receiver I just purchased from headsuprc is the lemon-rx receiver?
I THINK so. How many different companies can be manufacturing knockoffs of the 6100 DSM2 receiver? They're becoming more common with slightly different packaging.
robschonk is offline Find More Posts by robschonk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:17 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robschonk View Post
I THINK so. How many different companies can be manufacturing knockoffs of the 6100 DSM2 receiver? They're becoming more common with slightly different packaging.
I'll compare the pcb to the Lemon pics and vids when it arrives
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,937 Posts
Checked out the powerUp picture. Didnt know they sold that.
Its not the LemonRx. I have one in front of me and measured. Its not as wide as the powerUp and the antennas are different. PowerUp pins look gold plated but might just be the yellow reflection.
wopachop is offline Find More Posts by wopachop
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:59 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop View Post
Checked out the powerUp picture. Didnt know they sold that.
Its not the LemonRx. I have one in front of me and measured. Its not as wide as the powerUp and the antennas are different. PowerUp pins look gold plated but might just be the yellow reflection.
If you're going by the specs on the Power Up, I think it has a case on it (probably added by headsup to get their logo on it)... which could explain the dimension and weight difference. I guess I'll find out when it gets here.

Doesn't make sense though that he would have Lemon's product and that he wouldn't just sell it as Lemon brand.

But, then who makes this?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Feb 08, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:04 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,826 Posts
Quote:
Cool, thanks for the kink. Are you saying the Power Up receiver I just purchased from headsuprc is the lemon-rx receiver?
Obviously I meant to say "link" ... not kink.

obviously

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:24 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,937 Posts
If it was a lemonRx the antennas would go straight out 90 degrees. Thats part of the design made to reduce something or make something better, i forget.

The Asian dude that makes them talked about it in the Lemon thread in Radio section.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:16 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
5,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wopachop View Post
If it was a lemonRx the antennas would go straight out 90 degrees. Thats part of the design made to reduce something or make something better, i forget.

The Asian dude that makes them talked about it in the Lemon thread in Radio section.
Yeah, I've been reading the Lemon thread. From what I can see in the pics and videos, the antennas are 180 degrees to each other on them though, like the Power Up one. You have one, don't you?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:28 AM
Norwood, CO
Joined Jul 2009
621 Posts
Quote:
On another note, I'm just about to pay for an order at headsuprc so he can ship it right away... am thinking of throwing in this dsm2 receiver I asked about a little while ago and got no reply. Was wondering if anyone has used it. I'm going to go look at a google map of my flying area and see how far 1500 ft is

EDIT: what's the range on the stock receiver?

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...hz-DSM2/Detail
Not to be facetious, but 1500 ft is over 1/4 mile. Personally, I can't see the orientation of my plane in perfect light conditions, i.e., from behind me to the plane in front of me, without a wing waggle past about 1/8 mile. (Is it turning toward me or away from me?)

If you can, I say bravo. In less than optimal light, back lit plane, even with the Tx held up in front of me to block the sun, it can be worse. I've had my Radian to 1380 vertical feet, (others have gone higher, of course) and no way could I really tell what it was doing. My vision is pretty close to 20/20.

I use an orange 5 channel Rx with satellite in both the Radian and the SC and have no problems even past the rare 1/4 mile - I had many brown outs prior, even with a capacitor as a means to make up for a high draw on the batt from less than perfect servos or high maneuvering. My SC has ailerons controlled by a single servo and a flattened wing, but nothing else out of the ordinary. I live at about 7300'. Just my personal experience.

Fun flyin'
Jaksno
jaksno is offline Find More Posts by jaksno
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:39 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I've been reading the Lemon thread. From what I can see in the pics and videos, the antennas are 180 degrees to each other on them though, like the Power Up one. You have one, don't you?
Yep i got all 3 versions here. Gonna be putting one in the superCub and see if my brownOut issues go away.
The powerUp antennas are different because yes they are in the same location. But they dont go out 180 degrees of each other. They leave the RX going straight up instead of sideways. Which is something they do not recommend doing to the lemonRx antennas.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:27 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2010
87 Posts
just bought a brushless turnigy motor and esc for the conversion, Im using my stock receiver, and trying to figure out where to supply the power, does it go to the esc or the receiver . thanks
Capt Buddy is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buddy
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:28 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
4,870 Posts
To the ESC to the ESC!
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:29 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
4,870 Posts
Oh and make sure you cover the ends of the old brushed motor leads--that would be bad if they touched
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Last edited by quitcherbitchen; Feb 10, 2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: wrote brushless instead of brushed.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2010
87 Posts
how does the receiver power up? the esc has 3 blue wires coming out of it with no labels on them, the motor has orange blk and yellow with no instructions, what order do you connect the blues to the blk orange and yellow....thanks again
Capt Buddy is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buddy
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:39 PM
United States, NC, Avon
Joined Sep 2012
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Buddy View Post
how does the receiver power up? the esc has 3 blue wires coming out of it with no labels on them, the motor has orange blk and yellow with no instructions, what order do you connect the blues to the blk orange and yellow....thanks again
Makes no difference. If the motor runs backwards, reverse any two leads.
robschonk is offline Find More Posts by robschonk
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:51 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Buddy View Post
just bought a brushless turnigy motor and esc for the conversion, Im using my stock receiver, and trying to figure out where to supply the power, does it go to the esc or the receiver . thanks
Just so as you get this right, the throttle wire on your ESC connects to the throttle terminal on your receiver. This lead also supplies power to your receiver from the ESC.
The battery connects to the two power leads on your ESC and the three leads on the load side of the ESC to the motor.
As robschonk says, if the motors spins backwards just reverse any two of the three motor leads.
The battery and motor leads from the standard brick should just be taped out of the way.
Good luck!
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat