HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:12 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Mike... Just to ballance the prop only, I just C clamped a small screwdriver to a table edge and stuck the prop thru the screwdriver. I applied ca to the lighter blade till I got it to balance. Worked out fine for my pop wing. My cost was $0.00, had the screwdriver and clamp. Call me cheap! Capt'n Ron

I did use a jeweler screwdriver that had a highly polished shank.
I'm as cheap as you. I do about the same thing though I use clear Nail polish. I borrowed some from Flypoppa as he uses it after coloring his toenails.

Some day I'll buy a real one.

Maybe.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:31 PM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
835 Posts
Love the skis Chomp! Way 'ta re-use and re-cycle. Now that's class and I bet they worked out sweet too. I love it!
Take care,
Steve
Rcbyair is offline Find More Posts by Rcbyair
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:58 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Yup, that's the one.

Here's something I used it for that I wouldn't have been able to do with the magnetic one even if it wasn't defective. I modded a 1-1/4" Du-Bro spinner's collet to fit a 4mm shaft and then needed to balance it... the spinner end needs to be free hanging... can't do that with the other one

Attachment 5471026
I can balance my surface RC wheels/tires with the Du-Bro too... the magnetic one wouldn't support the weight of some of them.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:50 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,313 Posts
Greetings all friends,

Please help me with configuring the ACT with the Dx 7.

Cheers
mrexcel is offline Find More Posts by mrexcel
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:53 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
Oh that's easy. Yank all the ACT wires out. Wah la. Now your ready to fly
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:03 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,313 Posts
I did that way already and now wants to test the ACT thing. Here is a cool landing I made on her first flight...

Super Cub N4768Z Perfect Landing (0 min 21 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:07 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,763 Posts
That place looks super familiar.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:09 AM
Joined Jul 2009
1,313 Posts
this is all the way from Sri Lanka!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:09 AM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrexcel View Post
I did that way already and now wants to test the ACT thing. Here is a cool landing I made on her first flight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxYBCxoO7H0
I haven't even flown mine yet and already know that if you go and fly over that same dirt with ACT you're doomed!
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:47 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I'm as cheap as you. I do about the same thing though I use clear Nail polish. I borrowed some from Flypoppa as he uses it after coloring his toenails.

Some day I'll buy a real one.

Maybe.
Here is my home made prop balancer.
Gene here is another colour nail varnish that you might like. It has some glitter in it. Also the one on the right is a top coat that is clear.
You must keep up with modern trends dear.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:38 AM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Here is my home made prop balancer.
Gene here is another colour nail varnish that you might like. It has some glitter in it. Also the one on the right is a top coat that is clear.
You must keep up with modern trends dear.
I just hate change, unless it's in my pocket. Looks great! Capt'n
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:02 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
453 Posts
I've been playing with the home made skis again today. Six flights of eight minutes each throughout the day.
The best thing has been being able to walk out of my door on to the field next door and I'm flying.
I can't usually do this as the fields around me are all sown with cereal crops, but the snow turns them in to huge flying fields.
The thaw has started and I'm back to work tomorrow so I made the most of it today.

Next project is to go brushless. I ordered the RC Custom mount today.
The dilemma is do I buy a new motor, ESC and Rx or do I borrow them from the SE5a I am building? Hmmm, I have a Turnigy Park 450, Turnigy Plush ESC and Orange 6ch Rx not actually doing much at the moment. What to do?
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:49 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post

Next project is to go brushless. I ordered the RC Custom mount today.
The dilemma is do I buy a new motor, ESC and Rx or do I borrow them from the SE5a I am building? Hmmm, I have a Turnigy Park 450, Turnigy Plush ESC and Orange 6ch Rx not actually doing much at the moment. What to do?
Put them in the Cub until you can get the bigger motor package for the Cub.
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:50 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
852 Posts
A new Cub is ready to maiden.

Perfect timing too. After 16 days of no rain in the Northwest, we have rain now and it's looking wet for a few days.

28.5 ounces AUW with 2200 3s mounted vertically. Fowler flaps & Ailerons brings me to 6 servos.

Power is from a 5 amp ubec and 30 amp ESC for the motor. 3536 1100kv brushless. Moiunted a 9" x 7.5" prop.

Basically all white foam at present. Need to figure out what colors to put on it so I can see it. Really looking forward to flying a plane that was designed by people that know what they are doing and proven by the pros on this thread. My 15 or so "foamies" are fun, but they all seem to have issues. I hope my Cub is a non-issue - just fun cruising around flier.

When the maiden arrives I will post some video.

BC
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:02 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
452 Posts
well, according to shipping from hobby zone, i get a blade scout heli, a hobbyzone champ and the supercub dsm rtf tomorrow. tomorrow is a huge day.

i plan on odering the thunder ac680 charger to use with these toys. do i need anything else? any adapters or anything? when i look at the ac680 specs i dont see ec3 connectors which the supercub batteries i odered (getting 3 of them) have installed. also, can i bind the supercub dx4 tx to the champ? would that give the champ more range?

first time flyer here making a giant $500 leap into rc. well i did have a couple airhogs which got me into this mess.
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Last edited by bradymartin; Jan 24, 2013 at 01:28 AM.