HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:20 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Is there a way to view all attachments belonging to a given thread?... have been meaning to ask that for quite some time.
Click "Thread Tools" in the bar at the top of the page, then click Attachments.

Jim
WVrailfan is offline Find More Posts by WVrailfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:29 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
Quote:
Is there a way to view all attachments belonging to a given thread?... have been meaning to ask that for quite some time.
Yeah, what Jim said. I think I'm gonna mount my RX on the sidewall using velcro/hot glue. That way you can adjust for CG very easy.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:29 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVrailfan View Post
Click "Thread Tools" in the bar at the top of the page, then click Attachments.

Jim
Damn! Wish I noticed that a year ago

Thanks to robschonk,
I'm off to go order a couple of those ebay alarmed versions of the volt meters I just received. I'll have extras now, but I'll keep the alarmed ones in my plane and cars and keep the other two at my charging station and out in the garage.

At $2.39 + free shipping everyone here should own at least one.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:39 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
@2500GENE, I'm gonna tell ya,,,..I almost peed my pants when I saw the pic of your "RTR" sitting on a beautiful buck exclaiming the demise of the other reindeer if his demands weren't met...OMG

Mike.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:42 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
Quote:
Damn! Wish I noticed that a year ago

Thanks to robschonk,
I'm off to go order a couple of those ebay alarmed versions of the volt meters I just received. I'll have extras now, but I'll keep the alarmed ones in my plane and cars and keep the other two at my charging station and out in the garage.

You are better of timing your flights. I have an LVC warning devise. Give me a few hours....I'll find it......I know it's some where

Mike.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:46 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
You are better of timing your flights. I have an LVC warning devise. Give me a few hours....I'll find it......I know it's some where

Mike.
Oh yeah, of course... flights can be inconsistent though... and I'm always pushing it with my Champ when I'm trying to get that one last perfect landing on video and just guessing how much longer I can push that lipo... never ever did hit LVC in that thing, which is good.

But these have more uses than for just in flight
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:53 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,518 Posts
Quote:
Oh yeah, of course... flights can be inconsistent though... and I'm always pushing it with my Champ when I'm trying to get that one last perfect landing on video and just guessing how much longer I can push that lipo... never ever did hit LVC in that thing, which is good.

But these have more uses than for just in flight
Uh, Huh, Uh Huh, I can just see it disappear over the tree line
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:25 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
846 Posts
I have tried using those alarms in the past, and gave up. The alarm will sound (or did for me) when the pack was not at LV except when I'm pulling a big load. It was basically annoying. I ended up using a timer on the TX.

Good luck with those but you may discover you are pulling 9v (3s) and getting an alarm when after you land you find that you have more volts left anyway.
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:28 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Uh, Huh, Uh Huh, I can just see it disappear over the tree line
The scariest thing so far was one night when I had it out back in the farmer's field I back onto, right after I did my LED and strobe mod, which was also around the time I was having binding and loss connection issues with this Champ's brick. I had it about 50 feet up heading away from me and lost connection. I had my CG set up for a perfect dead stick shallow glideslope where the thing would pretty much land itself hands off. It was rainy season mid summer and there was a big puddle of standing water in the field (more like a small pond) that it was gliding toward and a busy road just beyond that. I didn't even chase after it... I just stood there with a sinking feeling in my stomach, thinking... "this will be interesting."

It cleared the far side of the water and landed in the 30 foot stretch of dry ground between the water and the road.

Name: champ-deadstick.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 176.9 KB
Description:
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Aug 12, 2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:32 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
I have tried using those alarms in the past, and gave up. The alarm will sound (or did for me) when the pack was not at LV except when I'm pulling a big load. It was basically annoying. I ended up using a timer on the TX.

Good luck with those but you may discover you are pulling 9v (3s) and getting an alarm when after you land you find that you have more volts left anyway.
You will always have a higher resting voltage than when measured under load. I want my alarm to tell me when it's hit a certain voltage under load... I don't like going under 3.3 or 3.4v per cell. If I stop at that point and measure it it'll be significantly higher than 3.4, But it's under load that matters. Is that what you mean or something different? I haven't purchased them yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:02 PM
United States, NC, Avon
Joined Sep 2012
329 Posts
Quote:

Ya gotta wonder how they can make one and mail it individually half way around the world for $2.39. No wonder the Chinese are taking over the world....
robschonk is offline Find More Posts by robschonk
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:52 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Yeah, no kidding.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:26 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive View Post
wow... i can't see spending $40 for that when you can get everything for less than $15.
If I was willing to spend $40 to have ailerons I'd buy this instead. In fact, I just might, at some point.

(price is a bit less than this here in town)
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLAY

Name: lflza6054.jpg
Views: 43
Size: 6.5 KB
Description:
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Jan 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:01 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Yes, Go up to top of page and click on "THREAD TOOLS", when window pops down click on "view attachments".
Rn

EDIT: never mind, already been answered...............
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:08 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
If I was willing to spend $40 to have ailerons I'd buy this instead. In fact, I just might, at some point.

(price is a bit less than this here in town)
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLAY

Attachment 5460536

Trust me, you DO NOT want that wing....
You would be MUCH better off cutting the ailerons out and installeing servos in the stock wing.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek