Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:35 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,214 Posts
well, it had to come. she went through a lot of flights and finally i have gotten tired of doing the touch-ups. yes, other planes would require a lot more time where the cub requires just touch ups. but i think i am done either way.
had way too many shocks today. and while they wouldn't have been more than a bit more serious touch up, i got tired of even trying. my fault for the most part by keeping her underpowered and swooping her too low to the ground. but oh well, its done. most of the damage was a fragmented firewall and nose section from the shocks of repeated hard landings et al.
i have decided to move on though. since i am already spending most of my time on my spit, i may as well focus a bit on the t28 to mix it up a bit. taildraggers all the way is not helping anyone i suppose.
wish you guys all the luck on your flights. will catch you all on the flip side.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:37 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
well, it had to come. she went through a lot of flights and finally i have gotten tired of doing the touch-ups. yes, other planes would require a lot more time where the cub requires just touch ups. but i think i am done either way.

wish you guys all the luck on your flights. will catch you all on the flip side.

Don't quit... just put the SC on a shelf somewhere, then come back to it one day when the proverbial dust settles a bit.

I got discouraged and downtrodden with the Champ I had - mostly my fault, but also a simple bad choice in first planes. Things are better now that I have the Stratos (last Sundays flights can be seen here:
Firebird Stratos, Sunday Flight (4 min 51 sec)
).

Anyway... stick with us my friend.

... Lennie
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:40 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
had way too many shocks today. and while they wouldn't have been more than a bit more serious touch up, i got tired of even trying. my fault for the most part by keeping her underpowered and swooping her too low to the ground. but oh well, its done. most of the damage was a fragmented firewall and nose section from the shocks of repeated hard landings et al.
i have decided to move on though. since i am already spending most of my time on my spit, i may as well focus a bit on the t28 to mix it up a bit. taildraggers all the way is not helping anyone i suppose.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:43 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Good one, Gene... as they say, a picture... (etc)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:04 AM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
797 Posts
Quote:
Marriage to a Cub is a life long commitment.
Rcbyair is offline Find More Posts by Rcbyair
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:26 AM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post
Cool video Rcbyair, and a lovely plane. I'm assuming it's ARF at that price. How have you equipped it?

On a side note my daughter did her second year at Trent Uni about 5 years back. She did some tree planting up north and fell in love with the country and her gang boss. She married him last year and lives in Orillia ON.
Thanks Chompwat!

This is no arf, she's a 4 channel plug and play with very decent motor and servos. A snap to put together and a real joy to fly. Unfortunately the weather hasn't allowed me to take her up again since the maiden.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._EPO_PNF_.html

On your side note, if you ever visit your daughter, be sure to send me a pm so we can do some flying, I got extra planes for my guests. They fly any three of my PZ Trojans or my stock HZ SC.

Take care,
Steve
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:18 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,214 Posts
thanks guys. will consider a new cub after i fly my trojan into the ground. may happen soon as i keep upgrading my motors. all the best on your flying.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:11 AM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
797 Posts
That's the spirit Pilot
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:29 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcbyair View Post
Thanks Chompwat!

This is no arf, she's a 4 channel plug and play with very decent motor and servos. A snap to put together and a real joy to fly. Unfortunately the weather hasn't allowed me to take her up again since the maiden.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._EPO_PNF_.html

On your side note, if you ever visit your daughter, be sure to send me a pm so we can do some flying, I got extra planes for my guests. They fly any three of my PZ Trojans or my stock HZ SC.

Take care,
Steve
That's a lot of plane for the money and certainly looks the part.

I'll certainly look you up Steve, thanks for the offer.

Gavin
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
89 Posts
I think you super cub fans may enjoy this video/story.

Hobbyzone Super Cub Crashes into Lake (1 min 4 sec)

In the spring of 2011 I got my first RC plane. A super cub of course. After flying it a few times I wanted to get some keychain cam video of the lake where I fly. The above video is my second attempt at getting video and it ended poorly I crashed and lost the camera.... Anyway, watch the video and enjoy.
staley is offline Find More Posts by staley
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Ouchie...

That's heartbreaking. Were you able to recover you SC?

What caused the crash?

Interesting video though.

... Lennie
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:04 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
thanks guys. will consider a new cub after i fly my trojan into the ground. may happen soon as i keep upgrading my motors. all the best on your flying.
I hope things are going well with you my friend... and I hope you're still flying.

... Lennie
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Jul 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Ouchie...

That's heartbreaking. Were you able to recover you SC?

What caused the crash?

Interesting video though.

... Lennie
The Cub was fine, the cowl broke, that was it. What caused the crash? My dumb thumbs
staley is offline Find More Posts by staley
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staley View Post
The Cub was fine, the cowl broke, that was it. What caused the crash? My dumb thumbs
Phew! Glad to hear you were able to recover your plane.

And no such thing as "dumb thumbs"... I'm in the throes of relearning skills grown cold over a 30 year period. I started, not too successfully, with a Champ and now flying a Firebird Stratos. Doing MUCH better with this plane.

I hope to get a Super Cub within a couple of months...

... Lennie
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:57 PM
United States, WV, St Albans
Joined Jun 2011
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staley View Post
I think you super cub fans may enjoy this video/story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuNkcgqlaFs

In the spring of 2011 I got my first RC plane. A super cub of course. After flying it a few times I wanted to get some keychain cam video of the lake where I fly. The above video is my second attempt at getting video and it ended poorly I crashed and lost the camera.... Anyway, watch the video and enjoy.
Says a lot for the Cub, they are tough, and says something for the camera too. How long did it record after going under?

Jim
WVrailfan is online now Find More Posts by WVrailfan